Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The TWC Total War Benchmark thread - compare your real TW performance

Ye Olde Fahrt's Avatar Miles

Default Re: The TWC Total War Benchmark thread - compare your real TW performance

Are the AMD GPU settings still work in progress? Just asking in case I have missed them.
    My garden may be smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum. - Roma Surrectum III

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: The TWC Total War Benchmark thread - compare your real TW performance

Yes. The problem is I have a comparingly bad participation with AMD rigs. It seems AMD users aren't so interested into tech things, benchmarks and improvements. As I don't have access to AMD hardware I cannot elaborate own suggestions. Sorry.

I really would like to have more partcipants here.

Again this thread was not made for Intel and NVidia fans and not for overclockers only.

I really need results of ordinary rigs aswell.
    At least for cpu (processor) results as we don't have an ultra settings / dx11 or resolution limit.
    Last edited by alQamar; September 01, 2013 at 05:52 AM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    Wow thanks for that effort will check them tomorrow.

Just had a quick view on the logs Iam afraid you will have to make all tests again as you missed to change number of threads to 16 for your i7 CPU. Sorry for that.
    Actually I forgot to change them on the CPU tests but I did on the GPU tests Silly me !

You can still use the GPU tests

I will redo the CPU test with the right number of thread

best

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Ok thanks you. I am looking forward for the release date
    Instead of nasty playing I will update this thread ASAP
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

hi everyone who else got an account on totalwar.com aswell please support my thread

Why we do not get official information about the announced hardware optimisations?

Last edited by alQamar; August 29, 2013 at 06:40 PM.

Here is my CPU results. I did not run the GPU test because I do not have my 7950 installed yet. I am also wanting to overclock this 860 because it is stock right now and another person has gotten much more out of his 860 judging by the tests you posted.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
    -H. L. Mencken

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Thanks for that. I sent you a message. You got an i7? Please adjust number of threads please as described.
    Last edited by alQamar; August 30, 2013 at 12:56 AM.

Ye Olde Fahrt's Avatar Miles

Yes. The problem is I have a comparingly bad participation with AMD rigs. It seems AMD users aren't so interested into tech things, benchmarks and improvements. As I don't have access to AMD hardware I cannot elaborate own suggestions. Sorry.

I really would like to have more partcipants here.
    [...snip...]
    I don't own S2 but perhaps once the R2 has arrived I can provide a benchmark using it instead.
    My garden may be smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum. - Roma Surrectum III

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

I hope for that please support my thread linked in post #205

I will try to find out the mechanics of Rome 2 and will provide updated instructions if needed.

Thanks for that. I sent you a message. You got an i7? Please adjust number of threads please as described.
    Here is the other file you requested. Thank you for all your hard work. It helps.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
    -H. L. Mencken

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

now i can see the use of my thread fully: Nippy your results stunned me even you raised the resolution you got noticeable higher results.

@PYJ, you forgot the number of thread tweak on your CPU tests please do this and re-test, and let me know one you updated

Here is my results. I hope I got this right. I can do it again if I missed something.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Hi Chump thanks for the results. I validated them and it seems you did not run the preferences.script.txt from my preset as the graphic settings are much lowered. Which GPU benchmark did you run? DX11 1080p high? The CPU benchmark was valid. Please also update your NVIDIA drivers. They are outdated.
    Last edited by alQamar; August 30, 2013 at 02:47 PM.

How much will ocing an AMD processor help?

Will do an AMD benchmark for Rome 2 then.
    Last edited by Mauser89; August 30, 2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Wrong thread
    Finally got muh sharks.

I've got a 965BE@3.6ghz and 5870 crossfire. Will post R2 bench but I do not have S2.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser89 View Post
    How much will ocing an AMD processor help?
    Ask things like this in the http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Thread/page144 thread. This is just for posting benchmarks, not for advice or thoughts on hardware/OCing. We'll be sure to give you an answer if you post there
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

now i can see the use of my thread fully: Nippy your results stunned me even you raised the resolution you got noticeable higher results.

@PYJ, you forgot the number of thread tweak on your CPU tests please do this and re-test, and let me know one you updated
    I redid them
    Actually pushing the number of threads to 16 lower the performance on my machine 26.6 vs 27.1 fps

31_08_09_39_13_benchmark1.log.txt31_08_09_31_06_benchmark1.log.txt

strange ...

perhaps the Mobile Sandy bridge are optimized already

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

This is still within the measure tolerance so it is not a degrade perhaps on a second run you get more fps
    Last edited by alQamar; August 31, 2013 at 08:34 AM.

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

Really realyy +rep, alQamar thx forthread. My games are working better now!

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Can you please submit your results nizam?