Thread: Vanilla won't run/working with a fresh install

Default Vanilla won't run/working with a fresh install

Alright i'd like to thank everyone for their previous help with all my post with issues i've had, its greatly appreciated. So I was going to try to mess around with the smoke sub mods as listed before but I thought i'd try out vanilla ETW but i realized it wouldn't load so tried uninstalling ACW seeing if that was the problem and yet it still didn't work. And yes I made sure I clicked "Vanilla Ready" before I did uninstalled because I didn't want the problem to be some simple fix like that haha. But I really do love this mod, and I just wanted to make sure I was doing everything correctly. I now am working off a fresh install of ETW and it runs fine now (after the 3 hour reinstall ) I'm not sure what caused ACW to make vanilla not run im sure its a somewhat common issue ive seen posted. I'd would really like if someone had some advice or tips for this and some indepth detail about the installation along with submods that should be installed and the smoke mod. I want this mod to work but not at the cost of making my vanilla ETW not run. I'm sorry for all the posting for help and what not but The civil war is honesly one of my favorite periods of history, and this mod team has done a fantastic job to catch the historical output of the war. Thanks again for all the help y'all can't express how much it shows for the support of this great mod. Have a great week!

Default Re: Vanilla won't run/working with a fresh install

Well I reinstalled the ACW mod and everything seems to be working alright, the only thing that seems to be an issue is vanilla ETW still won't run after I install this mod.. idk what i'm doing wrong with the installment of this mod or if the files actually prohibit you from being able to play ETW?

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Yea, i think some vanilla files get overwritten, I can't play vanilla ETW either.
    But since I got ACW, I don't really want to

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Haha okay, I thought with the "Vanilla ready" button it converted the files to be able to play vanilla ETW but thank you for answering my question for me! I was getting frustrated thinking I was doing something wrong. If you have the time I have a couple more questions if that'd be alright with you.

1. When playing as the "confederate states" before I reinstalled the mod it seemed like the "Union States" were somewhat civil towards me and only mexico would declare war on me. But since I reinstalled Mexico still wars on me withing the first ten turns, along with the union a few turns after, sadly im not "to pro" to be able to hold off on both sides and was curious if that is suppose to happen every time? Cause I started 2 different campains knowing I wouldn't be able to get far with those outcome and in every single one the same thing keeps happening. I'm all for the historical output of the Union declaring war with me but Mexico on top of that seems a little much. It just seemed odd when it wouldn't happen before is all, and would care to hear your opinion towards it.

2. Now ive looked through the forums but it still seems to evade me, but in this 3.5 beta isn't their suppose to be the ability to construct the 1 ship (I think it was called a steamship if I read correctly). My Union counterpart is able to construct them because I get a message after one of the turns saying "Union states have constructed a Steamboat or ship blah blah." I had a steam drydock but the ability to construct ships seemed unavaible to me.

Thank you again for getting back to me!

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

1. Try giving Mexico your Chihuahua province, which CS isn't supposed to have anyway, in exchange for an alliance with Mexico. usually works for me. But diplomacy in the mod is still very wonky, so I can't really offer any good advice, as eventually if you're too sucessful, minors will still gang up on you.

2. Regular trade port trains steamships.

Remember, it's a WIP beta version, you'll encounter many oddities
    Good luck!

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Thank you for your help! Just out of curiosity does the 2.6 version still make the vanilla ETW unavailable to play or perhaps the 3.4 version? I absolutely love this mod but at the cost of not being able to play vanilla affects it greatly for me, as I have spent a lot of $$ for the dlc when it was first out and what not. Hope that doesn't offend y'all. You guys have done some amazing work and I don't want to discredit you by asking that question