Thread: Additional generals for gongsun du

Default Additional generals for gongsun du

I think gongsun du faction/liangdong faction could benifit from some aditional generals. Also it might be worthwhile to expand the map a little bit to include part of korea owned by the rebel faction with subtitle koreans or maybe even a new faction to represent the korean kingdom of Korguryo which gongsun du fought against. This gives gongsun du a more interesting campaign and some room to expand. He needs more generals to govern cities he takes as well.

These are some generals i found in my research.

Bing yuan "belly of the dragon": Friend of Hua xin "head of the dragon" a group of three scholars including guan ning "tail of the dragon"

Bing Yuan fled to Gongsun Du when the land fell into chaos and was given a lodging house always ready for him or for Guan Ning. Bing Yuan had naturally strict principles, he spoke out clearly to set things right, and everyone from Gongsun Du down was wary of him. Guan Ning warned that Bing Yuan would get himself in trouble, persuading Genju to return home.
    http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Bing-Yuan

Geng Zhi: served gongsun du. Defeated by Zhang Yang and Yufuluo at Liyang. http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/Geng-Zhi
    Liang Mo: Advised Gongsun Du against attacking Ye while Cao Cao was on campaign elsewhere.

Yang Yi: close confident of gongsun du.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Additional generals for gongsun du

Liang Mao is already in-game as a general of Gongsun Du. Bing Yuan is doubtful, as he didn't really serve Gongsun Du. He stayed, temporarily, as a guest in Liaodong and then went to serve the Celestial Court. Geng Zhi I think could be added to Gongsun Du's roster. Yang Yi... there is literally no information on him to make a character, so I'm not sold on him.

As far as expanding the map further east into Korea or Goguryeo, here are my thoughts on that: Goguryeo was completely under the thumb of the Han before, during, and after our mod's time period, for a span of about 400 years. They did not rise as a serious power until the 4th century, during the fall of the Jin, which is well after our mod's time frame. Although they played a role regionally, they were highly insignificant in the grand scheme of the Three Kingdoms era of China. But, more importantly, this is a Three Kingdoms mod, not an East Asian mod. So while I can understand the desire to have the map expand into Korea and make Goguryeo into a more significant faction, doing so would not be historically correct, is not consistent with the mod's focus, and they were not a significant enough power during the mod's time period to warrant precious faction or extensive unit spots. At most they will be represented by a couple AoR units for Gongsun Du or whoever controls Liaodong.
    Last edited by Seether; August 03, 2013 at 07:50 PM.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Default Re: Additional generals for gongsun du

I love the mod you guys are doing and i dont want it to be taken that im criticizing anything just thinking of siggestions to improve the mod and add more.

I actually did an extensive korean three kingdoms map for starcraft 1 which i did an insane amount of research on. Gongsun du actually expanded han influence on korean penensula and fought against korguryo by sending gongsun mao. Han established four commanderies in korea but by no means controlled all of korea. Korea was actually divided into several warring factions at the same time of this mod called the proto three kingdoms era. In my mod i actually had lelang commanderie as a faction the mod started around 100ad and if u survived long enough you would get reinforcments from gongsun du in the form of general gongsun mao and an army of han troops. From my research korea was no real match for the might of the han if the han was unified but they were by no means under han control. When sima yi defeated gongsun yuan and jin ended up winning the three kingdoms conflict korea was left to its own devices and china barely had any presence left.

The reason to expand the map is to show gongsun du had alot more land than is portrayed in this mod and thus was a considerable warlord who could contend with any of the factions in this mod. Even the rotk games by koei really shortsight gongsun du's power. Also having rebel koreans will kind of act like the rebel hun tribes over the resr of the map.

Bing yuan could be part of the unaligned forces and positioned in liaodong. Zhang yans forces has a bunch of generals not much information is given for so i think you can add yang yi to du's forces.

I think AOR units in that region is a great idea. For the argument against gogureyo being a faction for histories sake, alot of the generals werent even born during this mod but are still present. Also the nanman should not have alot of the generals it has currently as they were alot younger than they are in this mod and werent unified under meng hou at all during this time. This mod allows the player to change history for the faction they control. Though having korea as a faction isnt a priority i think it should be considered in the future. It should at least be reprsented by a few rebel settlements And more territory for gongsun du.