Thread: The rise of the Dragon and the lady of Night, CCH

Default The rise of the Dragon and the lady of Night, CCH

This might not be quite the right thread, but its close enough^^ Its as much a compilation of short stories as a very incomplete fanfic.

These two battles are ones i suggest you read at the very least, if its all too much for you to read without pictures

The entire story is just over 150.000 words, so if that proves too much i strongly reccomend you at least read "The battle for kings Landing" and "The battle for the Vale"

Thought id repost a compilation of our Custom Character hotseat here, its old now and most if not all screens are gone for the battles.
    But the story is still here and ive compiled them for you, as complete as i can while skipping the more empty and less meaningful posts.

The hotseat was a true bliss to play and a few of the RP posts where true joy to read and make

If this gains some attention, i will post the current championship where i play as Greyjoy along with all and any screens whilst really working on having a coherent story going with proper grammar and spelling. Since its humans vs humans it will be somewhat tricky but an overarching story should be possible. Ill only do this if a few people ask for it however, if they dont ill just continue to do it for fun and a little practice.

About the hotseat and this story:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

For those whom dont know, a hotseat is where all factions are human controled, PM me for info.

House Greyjoy: Lord AcidRocker killed by House turn 21
    House Targaryen: Mithridate
    House Arryn: OPEN killed by House turn 17
    House Tyrell: xXAmonXx Killed by House turn 25
    House Blackfyre: Dux
    House Stark: vozd
    House Tully: Dr Mac
    House Baratheon: Antoniusz killed by House turn 26
    House Martell: Emperor of Hell
    House Lannister: complete noob

Ive posted some of their RP as well, they should get full credit for their works!
    All the sections under a contentbox is made by the one playing that faction while anything not under one is by me.

Basically, its the blackfyre rebellion where King Daerons half brother takes up arms and westeros is shattered in civil war. I played King Daeron and mighty Dux took up the rebels mantle. Everybody turned their back on me except the Tullies, whom where locked in war with Blackfyre from the beginning. Most did not openly rebel on turn 1 however, it all went to hell slowly
    I hope it proves an enjoyable read! ( be forewarned, i use some pony vids for my RP. 9 times out of 10 its just music for you and usually made to fit the story. Ill try to write warnings if its overly pony or not strongly tied into the story )
    Last edited by Mithridate; August 04, 2013 at 01:29 PM.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Default Re: The rise of the Dragon and the lady of Night, CCH

Introduction, the rebellion begins
    Read:
    Ill edit this first part away later

Lets do this!

Since only tyrell have really made any declaration one whay or the other youre all free to repost if you wish, or post your houses answers ( Daeron has had no replies yet ). If you have reconsidered Tyrell... contact me asap and do as i commanded, deliver the meni demanded (or type that u do and we go from there)

Keep in mind that induvidual RP is not seen/heard or noter by the others by anything than hearsay, if you have something to say to the others, make it clear or type " a message " along with ur RP
    Luna Rivers, Age: 25 bastard daughter of house bracken and serving the true king

A moderately small woman with near white hair and green eyes she carries herself with the cold confidence of one much older. Luna Rivers was the bastard daughter of Bethany Bracken, her first memories where of the halls of Stone Hedge and her despised lessons on how to be a lady (despite her bastard status). She was abducted in a raid by the Blackwoods and thought lost, She was however rescued by a Reed on journeys and spent much of her childhood in their well hidden lands. At the age of fifteen she returned to the riverlands and quickly formed a small mercenary band called the Forces of Night that helped keep the peace in the riverlands and eventually crownlands, even joining in the fighting between lords.

She have made a name for herself as a competent commander and a cunning leader, with a kind heart but merciless demeanor. Nowhere is home and everywhere is her land to cross yet she regularly visits the Brackens land.
    _________________________________________________________________________________

The story so far: Men have been calling to arms in the name of the great bastard but no one of importance have been captured as of yet, the king have been on watch for trouble and his spies managed to get their hands on a Tyrell message.

Quote Originally Posted by xXAmonXx View Post

Lord Leo Tyrell is calling his banners. As his bannerman, I expect full cooperation. King Daemon Blackfyre, the First in his name requires the aid of the Reach. I also request the aid of my good friend, Tybalt Hightower. I have heard that he is a guest at your keep. I hope he was treated well. I doubt you would do something to offend his brother, Lord Hightower and myself. Tybalt is to be the head of the army gathered, and Tumbleton will be his home base as he prepares to defend the Reach. I am sure this is a great honor for your House, and I expect to hear only good news from Tybalt.

In Honor,
    Edgerran Tyrell
    A bard was sent to Harrenhall, to play a tune for the great bastard: ( this is not very pony at all, and story related )

(humor me^^ The great bastard is discord, discord in the realm)

I'm not a fan of puppeteers but I've a nagging fear
    someone else is pulling at the strings
    Something terrible is going down through the entire town
    wreaking anarchy and all it brings

I can't sit idly, no, I can't move at all
    I curse the name, the one behind it all...

Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
    And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
    Discord, whatever did we do
    To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
    Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
    Discord, we won't take it anymore
    So take your tyranny away!

I'm fine with changing status quo, but not in letting go
    Now the world is being torn apart
    A terrible catastrophe played by your symphony,
    what a terrifying work of art!

Handing over a note, the bard bows clearly afraid
    Tyrell is mustering their banners in your name, nameless ones calls to arm to put you on my throne.
    You where beloved by our father and have been a strong bannerman to Targaryen, yet this cannot be ignored.

You are hereby summoned to Kings Landing, i vouch that you shall not be touched and free to return
    on the demands that you publicly denounce these calls to arms and Tyrells actions.
    Do not, and the realm will bleed nedlessly

What say you brother? I await your reply
    Daeron Targaryen
    Daeron looked down upon the Tyrell message with a sad face, a cup of watered wine at his side his closest kneeled before him. Foremost where the great bloodraven and the renowned leader of the Forces of Night. Shadows danced over the walls of the chamber and the long days where getting to him, he took a sip of the wine and sighed.

"Bloodraven, i am no great commander of men and it would be folly for me to lead the armies so i shall place you in command of our forces, i would hear your counsel before giving my orders. The enemy is making his move and i shall see us prepared."

Bloodraven inclined his head in silence and Daeron looked upon the other figure, a dark cloak covering the face but with nearly snow white hair still dripping with the nights rain, running down the chest and almost grazed the floor.

"You have long served the people and are renowned not only as a warrior, but as a leader of men. I brought you and your men here to not only fight, but lead. I have few good men and fewer still leaders yet i have thousands of men at arms to call upon..."

Daeron hesitated, he was uncomfortable putting so much on someone he had yet to trust, but the hour was late to act and there where oh so few choices.

"You are to lead an army in my name, following Bloodravens commands to the letter. You shall train them and lead them to greatness in my name, In return i shall make you a proper lady with lands and castles. Should you marry some lord then your sons shall carry your name and not his, I shall shower you in gold and grant any boon but you must swear allegiance my house and bring us victory!"

Slowly the hood was pulled back and looking up, Luna barred her teeth in a predatory smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lords of westeros:

Edgerran Tyrell and Leo Tyrell have been denounced and stripped of all lands and titles, the lords of the six kingdoms have been charged with bringim them before me, dead or alive and shall take possesion of their lands in my name.

Tybalt Hightower is ordered to immediately visit the court to explain his involvement with these traitors, if no immediate response is made then he too is to be hunted down.

I call upon you Lannister, Greyjoy, Baratheon to take up arms and accomplish this.

But, only one can stand above the rest... Let us see, who´s the chosen one
    ( this is very pony, and i kinda facepalmed at this... Little have changed until now i have to admit tho

I harbour Twilights frustraition and dreams
    I shall embody Raritys excitement and spirit
    I shall carry on Fluttershys Joy and encouragements
    I shall wield Rainbows will and force
    I shall employ Pinkie pies randomness and relentlessnes
    I shall lead with AJs (my initials btw) Strenght and honor

It draws near... the epic fight for westeros, where one shall stand above the rest in glory and admiration

You will bow to Daeron, or kneel to him in death and defeat I shall reap justice and see the people
    saved from those who would use their power and strength for themselves!

-Luna Rivers, the princess of darkness and bringer of night

Lannister, the crown call you to arms and battle, will your roar echo over the land
    ?
    Baratheon, your fury and devotion is legendary, will you take up arms and bring justice?
    Greyjoy, iron fleet is called to war... to cause cries of terror for your ancient enemies.

You are not called yet to answer is expected:
    With great intelligence and soaring honor along with razor sharp beaks and claws, will the eagle soar?
    The cold northern winds chills even in its absence... whereto takes the howling wolf, whereto heads the relentless north?
    Valiant and noble, fierce and loyal... The Tullies call matters the most, thous words are family, duty, honor but can we count on you in these dire times?

Daeron Targaryen

The Blackfyres
    . . .

OOC: Alright let's start, first a response to the message of the King to Daemon, and after that an introduction to my character. Everybody is expected to make/repost his introduction to their character and respond in some way to the messages or publicly say they ignore them And it would be come in handy if thing your character says are in a certain color. E.g. when my character says something he says it in brown. Daemon talks in bold.

Daemon Blackfyre looked up from the letter to the crowd surrounding him. All of his friends, captains and lords currently present in the army at Harrenhall were gathered in the Great Hall. William Mudd and Quentyn Ball were standing in the right corner. Quetyn Ball, former master-at-arms, was one of his closest friends, one he had known since he was a child. He didn't knew William Mudd very well, other then that he claimed be be descendant of the Mudd Kings of old, but Quentyn vouched for him and that was good enough for now. He would get his chance to prove himself soon.

All had gathered here to hear what the messenger from Daeron II had to say. Probably nobody had expect a bard, but it fitted the King, sending a bard to sing a threat, instead of sending an army.

There was still some noise in the hall, most of the attendants hadn't quite figured out what the King had meant to say with this song. They would know soon enough.

The time had come.
    He stood up and inmediately it went quiet in the hall. Five measters quickly got pen and paper to write everything down.

Lords of Westeros, Daemon began

I, Daemon I Blackfyre, the Great Bastard, holder of the sword Blackfyre and true son to Aegon IV Targaryen, do hereby claim the Iron Throne of Westeros.
    My father always favored me as his successor, he gave me the ancestral sword of Blackfyre to show this to the entire realm.
    Daeron II Targaryen is weak and he is being manipulated by the sorcerer Bloodraven. He can't defend the realm as shown by the large wildling invasion of the North and has let the Martells to marry into the Royal family. Furthermore he dared to strip one of the most powerful lords of the Kingdoms of his lands and titles based on some rumors and one message! Before I officially claimed Kingship he already started waging war on his subjects!
    All of these acts prove that he is totally unworthy of the Crown of the Seven Kingdoms. Some even say Daeron II is no son of my father at all, but a bastard son of his mother and Aemon the Dragonknight.
    I call all lords of the realm to denounce Daeron II Targaryen and his sorcer Bloodraven. And I call them to support our effort to take the Iron Throne and make the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros strong again!

Signed,
    Daemon I Blackfyre, the King who bore the Sword

ALL HAIL DAEMON I BLACKFYRE! Quentyn Ball shouted, and all the lords in the room took up the cheering.
    It didn't took long for the cheer to reach the camp and soon the entire army shouted DAEMON! BLACKFYRE!

Daemon sat down again.
    It has begun, he thought, the board is set and the pieces are moving. This war will change Westeros forever.

Make sure you sent copies of this to every lord in the realm. Daemon said to his maester.
    Call the banners, we have a war to fight.

William, he said.
    Yes your Grace? William answered
    Take your men and Quetyn Ball to take charge for the army of supporters coming from the Westerlands. Put pressure on the Tullies, they have yet to take a side. Don't fail me and the reward you seek will be yours.
    With pleasure, your Grace and thank you. William answered

-----------------------------------------SEVERAL DAYS LATER------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ser, messages from the King!" the measter said.

"What King?" William Mudd asked.

"Both, my lord", the measter replied.

William took the messages from his measter.

The first message was a message from King Daeron II,
    Lords of westeros:

Edgerran Tyrell and Leo Tyrell have been denounced and stripped of all lands and titles, the lords of the six kingdoms have been charged with bringim them before me, dead or alive and shall take possesion of their lands in my name.

Tybalt Hightower is ordered to immediately visit the court to explain his involvement with these traitors, if no immediate response is made then he too is to be hunted down.

I call upon you Lannister, Greyjoy, Baratheon to take up arms and accomplish this.

Daeron II Targaryen

"Ah, yes this is the message Daemon referred to in his speech.
    Stripped Lord Tyrell and his son from their lands did he? One of the most powerful lords of Westeros, well I gotta amid that King Daeron has some courage."
    William said.
    "You're dismissed", he said to the maester
    "No reply sir?" the maester asked.
    "Just ignore him, sent the following message to Tyrell and Hightower though:

Dear lord Tyrell and Tybalt Hightower
    We've heard that Lord Tyrell and his son have been stripped from all lands and titles by Daeron Targaryen. Who does he think he is? Such a man cannot think himself a good King. Only tyrants acts as he does. This proves all the more that our cause is just and good for the realm.
    Daemon Blackfyre has stated that all royal degrees made by Daeron II Targaryen will be annuled once he takes the capital.
    You can be certain that you'll be supported by all houses and lords who have declared for House Blackfyre. Together we shall put an end to this "King".
    Also, Tybalt, I've heard some good stories about you. We should have a beer some time. I'll be campaigning in the Riverlands at the moment but soon our armies will combine to meet our foes on the battlefield.
    Signed, Lord William Mudd

He looked to his friend and co-commander Quetyn Ball.
    "We'll see how the other houses will respond to this message of that Targaryen, they sure won't like it that the Kings strips all titles and lands of one of the most powerful lords. A King who does such things is a Tyrant and is not loved by the lords nor the people. I see the hand of Bloodraven in this." William said to Quetyn Ball.

They were sitting in the commander tent, it had been a long march, but now they were finally in range of Riverrun.

"He clearly doesn't think ahead. What if the Baratheons, Lannisters and Greyjoys all decline him. What does he do then, strip them from his titles as well? He is a fool. If it goes Targaryen's way he'll soon be the only lord in the Kingdom." Quetyn Ball replied.

"Then we'll need to see to it that it doesn't go Targaryen's way." William replied.

"Is there some news from His Grace?" Quetyn asked

"Yes", William opened the second letter
    "You must feel important, getting messages from two Kings". Quetyn said with a smile

"Oh but I'm important" William said joking.

"Yeah right, the last descendant of the Mudd Kings of old. I'm honored in your presence, my lord" Quentyn Ball said
    They both burst out in laughing.

After they calmed down William read the second message. It was a message personally sent to him.
    Our King writes that the Tullies have not responded to our messages yet and that we should keep the pressure on Riverrun. He also informs us that several more houses have declared their support to him in secret. He doesn't specify which houses and says that they should make it public themselves when they deem the time is right." William said.

"Makes sense" Quetyn replied.

"Well if that was all then I'll be going to get some sleep, I fear we will not get much time to sleep in the coming weeks. It is obvious now to everybody, war is coming and everybody will need to take a side." William said.

Tyrell
    . . .

Lord Leo Tyrell looked down on his courtyard from the wall walk of Highgarden.

Leo: So, King Daeron intercepted my son's letter to Tybalt. Foolish boy. His rashness will cost him his life one day. Bah! Kevin, did I not teach him better?

Maester Kevin, looked away quickly, for he had not the courage to tell his Lord his folly.

Kevin: We taught him as best as we could, his youth makes him mad.

Leo: ....... I don't fully believe you, but, I want to. Bah, we can worry about this later. The banners have been called. It is time for war.

Kevin: but what about the letter from King Daeron????

Leo: False King Daeron? The bastard of the Dragonknight? hahahahaha. His words fall against deaf ears. If he wants my head, he better have an army large enough to defeat the Reach. My bannermen are loyal. They will fight for the King Who Bears the Sword. Our loyalty to the rightful king will be justly rewarded. 100,000 Reachmen will fight for his cause, and I will be by his side when the High Septon crowns him. The Red Dragon Roars, and the Longthorn will defend him.. Send the letter to the rest of the realm. Make my son's rash announcement official.
    Kevin: Yes my king...

To the Lords of the Realm,

Highgarden and the might of the Reach, hereby declare the support for the rightful heir of the late King Aegon IV, King Daemon Blackfyre.
    House Tyrell will fight for his right to the Iron Throne, I hope you are able to choose the honorable side as well.

Trust the King with the Sword.
    Leo Tyrell

Meanwhile in Tumbleton...

Boy: M'lord, you have a message?

Tybalt: From who?

Boy: From your brother, Lord Hightower.

Tybalt: Oh, let me see that....

Dearest brother,

In a few day's time, Abelar will have made his way to Tumbleton. He has begged and pleaded his way out of Oldtown. It seems he has a fondness for adventure. His personal guard is only delivering him to you, after that, you will be responsible for my heir's well being. He is to be your squire. You are to be the epitome of chivalry. I trust you to take care of him. About your latest tales, I hope Lord Footly was kind to you. The local taverns have begun a new song! "The Darkest of Knights," a befitting title to your dishonorable actions! Abelar Hightower, The heir to my Lordship, is in your care. Your nephew, your student. Good luck defending the Reach, Hightower men will be sent shortly.

In Honor,
    Baelor Hightower

Tybalt: .... this is going to be interesting.

Kraken
    . . .

Dagon Greyjoy

The rumbling of thunder could be heard deep within the Great Keep of Pyke. The Silver Eel and its crew had come against strong
    winds on their way to Lordsport, arriving just in time to the calling of the Iron Fleet and the lords throughout the Iron Islands.
    Rodrik Pyke was accompanied by Orkyn, his most trusted friend and worshipper of the Drowned God as they pushed through the arched
    doorways into the main hall.

It was not 5 feet before they were stopped behind the large crowd attending the hearing. Long black and gold banners hung from the
    wooden rafters beholding the golden kraken. Hearths were able to make out long dark shadows of ironborn men moving about in the
    crowd, all facing Lord Dagon Greyjoy.

Around him Rodrik could spy his son and heir Quellon Greyjoy, along with the Lords of Codd, Blacktyde, Farwynd, Volmark, Sunderly,
    Stonetree, Goodbrother, Botley, and his own father, Theomore Harlaw. Rodrik was not much of a man to study records of Houses
    around the Iron Islands, but a captain must know sigils on sails by their sworn house. The Old Bastard's own ship, the Silver Eel
    was sworn to Lord Gran Goodbrother of Great Wyk. Beside his father, his half-brother Roryn Harlaw stood gallantly, bearing the
    ancestral Harlaw armor with their scythe gilded on the breastlate. He wondered if they had spied him in the crowd yet.

"Silence! The Lord Dagon Greyjoy will speak!" rung from Quellon Greyjoy.
    The captains standing throughout the hall lowered their voices and soon died. Lord Dagon Greyjoy rose from his driftwood seat. He
    was wearing a long black cape lined with gold thread over a leather jerkin and chainmail, a standard outfit. His black beard was
    trimmed and lined neatfully, his pitch black eyes examining the crowd. "Captains, Lords, Ironborn;
    Daemon Blackfyre, the Great Bastard has denounced King Daeron II Targaryen to be a false king. He is rallying support throughout the realm and is already gaining allies from Dorne to the Riverlands. They have made camp at Castle Harrenhall, the great fortress that OUR OWN King Harren the Black built. For Ironborn! Not for silver and golden haired women!"

Some captains could be heard shouting in approval, others simply nodding their heads. All the lords behind Dagon stood like
    statues behind him with a scowl on their face while Lord Greyjoy continued. "King Daeron wishes the Iron Fleet to mobilize against
    the rebels. I can't wait to see him in armor and weapon when the fight begins! But no, the fool will remain in his Red Keep while
    he sends his underlings to fight the battles.
    " He spit at the ground, "That's what I think of his throne! The Iron Fleet can
    remain in the Iron Islands and no one would have the balls to bring us out!
    "

Cheers began ringing throughout the captains, yet the lords had not moved a muscle. Orkyn began to mutter something when Lord
    Greyjoy spoke again, "The Dragons are pitted against each other and expect other men to fight their battles. This is not the
    way, not for us! I prefer the Old Way, where we fight for ourselves and no one else! Where we do not sow, where we answer to one
    crown, the Driftwood Crown!
    "

The crowd grew silent at the word. The lords could be seen nodding in approval, while Lord Greyjoy sheathed his sword. "The Iron
    Islands will be a kingdom once more! We will take what is ours with cold hard iron!.
    "

The lords behind Dagon bent the knee while every captain began shouting in approval and falling to a knee. "I will lead the Iron
    Islands to a new era of the Old Way. A time of reaving and pillaging that will fill the coffers of every ship until the end of
    time! The Dragons can do what they will, but we will not be a part of their realm. The Kraken is above all in these islands, and
    thats how it will always be!
    "

Captains and lords alike raised their swords, axes, torches in the air as a driftwood crown was placed atop the head of King
    Dagon Greyjoy. The greatest war of our time will soon begin, thought Rodrik.

-------------------------------------

Scene 2

As the majority of Ironborn left the hall, only the relevant lords and captains remained encircling the king. To Rodrik's left
    was Orkyn, to his right his half-brother Roryn. "What news from Ten Towers?" said Rodrik. Roryn eyed him suspiciously and
    answered "Nothing of your concern, bastard. If your ship is under my command I will send you into the fray before any other."
    Rodrik stared at him in dark tones until King Dagon mentioned him,

"Rodrik Pyke, the Old Bastard. One of our most famed warriors and captains. Oddly enough, it was this man that brought back my
    interest in the Old Way. He never failed to mention anything about the Old Way on our previous meetings. He is the image of our
    war for the throne. A talented fighter and skilled captain, he will lead our tertiary reinforcements. The main of the fleet will
    be under my command, the secondary fleet under Lord Theomore, and third under his bastard, Rodrik. Let us discuss more secretive
    matters at hand amongst us. Enjoy these nights men. After, we will have blood to shed.
    "

One driftwood kraken each was sent to Daemon I Blackfyre and Daeron II Targaryen in response to a call to arms

In preparation for war
    ( good vid and music with a message of Luna entering the scene, its a bit pony tho ^^)

Somewhere in the crownlands forests a massive camp was set, men had been streaming in and assorted into companies through the week and a sour mood had taken place as the men sat and slept by the fires.

"The night is dark and full of terrors you say?" Luna laughed as the priest from essos gave her a cold look "You speak with the wrong one, It may sure be dark in these times but it holds few terrors to me nor my men. No, it is the enemy you should speak with. Perhaps that so called great bastard would be a better target for your attempt's priest? Once Bloodraven and us are done with him he will surely take your warnings to heart"

The men around the campfire laughed awkwardly and the priest made a quiet exit to some other fire, seeking to perhaps convert a man or two.. Ser Gwayne of the Kingsguard shook his head

"I dont like this, far too many green men to stand a chance against Tyrell and Daemon both! Where are the kings banners? The riverlands are like a moth slowly circling the flame, it will erupt any moment now, one way or the other with Daemons declaration and Daerons response..."

"They will come, the enemy think himself the master of deception but as he is the better knight, so is Daeron the better king. The future will hold many surprises for both im sure, but only one thing is certain: It is the innocent whom suffer the most, when the high lords play their games of thrones... Daeron is a good king and i intend to see an end to every ounce of the suffering now being unleashed and to those who unleashed it."

Absently looking into the pitch dark Luna stood, her sword Twilight gleaming in the bright flames.

"This is all a needless war, enticed by those seeking to further their own power. They use the bastard as a pawn, fumbling in ignorance as to what they have unleashed. We who are the chosen ones shall carry it all out and perhaps, one will force peace over the rest, one way or the other."

Gwayne would have been worried by the woman if not for her Forces of Night, they where all cheerful and devoted, well trained and armed. If she could train these mercenaries she would work wonders with the kings men. But he had noted that they always kept their distance from her at night and he was starting to understand why. Luna was either destined to greatness or an early grave, during days she was driven and an inspiration yet at nights she was cold and distant with an almost frightening demeanor... He would remain vigilant he vowed, for whom or what he did not quite know.

The North proclaims independance, The vale its neutrality and Dorne its loyalty as they drive out the Blackfyres

The lord of Storm
    . . .

Fortress of Storm's End.
    Some say the walls protecting this ancient keep from the sea were built using magic.
    But what unknown danger could come with the waves and prove to be more lethal then a clash of dragons that is going to happen very soon.

- Tell me Old Man - Bryce Baratheon asked with his eyes still on two envelopes - Do you really come from the depths of the sea?
    - Thats what they say my Lord - Odysseus answered shortly.
    Lord of Storm's End finally put two letters on desk and looked at his visitor.
    - Yes of course - admitted with a smirk - Are there any dragons in the sea Old Man?
    - Non that I know of my Lord - another short answer.
    - And people fear the sea! - Bryce laughed - While on the land there are two dragons and apparently it is too much.
    - I didn't know my Lord.
    - Of course you didn't - he continued - You are the same as I remembered you from my childhood!
    - Thank you my Lord.
    - Don't thank me yet - lord smiled - Maester I'm ready to give my answer!
    A person wearing grey robes entered the room.
    - Write as I say - commanded Lord Bryce.
    Maester nodded and readied for writing.
    King Dareon Targaryen,

House Baratheon was granted Stormlands as it's land to rule when we came to Westeros with mighty Red Dragon,
    and was at his side while he conquered all of the lands.
    Hence we are forever grateful for you generosity and you can always count on our loyalty,
    and my forces are preparing to put down your enemies as I write this letter.

Signed,
    Lord Bryce Baratheon.

- Now the other one and write faster!

Deamon Blackfyre,

I thought better of you. Did you loose your
    mind bastard?
    We Baratheons stand loyal to our King Daeron and will aid them
    in this conflict.
    That means we are at war and
    hopefully we will meet on the field so I can prove that
    you are still a boy playing war.
    Only one dragon can rule Westeros.

Utterly disgusted,
    Lord Bryce Baratheon
    - Yes, that's good - Lord Baratheon praised his Maester - Now Old Man rally the men we are at war!
    The kings hand
    . . .

'My name is Stephen Bloodriver, Lord of Nightcastle. General of the armies of the Riverlands. Loyal servant to the true king Daeron II Targaryen. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife; and I will have my vengeance in this life or the next.'

Stephen Bloodriver

It had merely been a few weeks since the Blackfyre king was crowned and his troops stormed out from Harrenhal and began the merciless pillaging of the Riverlands. Nightcastle stood proudly on the banks of the Red Fork, it's black towers matching the colour of the deep, dark Trident below. From the Lord's Tower Stephen Bloodriver looked out upon the river to the east and had thoughts of his wife and son, they had travelled to Saltpans last month to spend a few days with his wife's side of the family. Despite the chaos that had erupted he had faith in the noble house of Cox which protected Saltpans and turned his attention to his current task: Preparing his castle for siege. He had raised his banners upon the command of his liege lord: Medger Tully, who was an honourble man (albeit a stupid one at times) and had mustered the masons of Nightcastle to begin repairs of the walls. The anvil of the blacksmiths sang into the night sky and the clash of swords in the training yard rang from dawn til dusk. The Lord Bloodriver had done everything he could to prepare his castle for the war. He wondered if it was enough.

That night the maester entered Stephen's solar with a face like thunder. 'My lord, I have heard some grave news...' He paused. Holding the piece of paper in his hand as if his life was bound to it.
    'Well, what is it?' Lord Bloodriver asked.
    'The caravan your wife and son travelled with was attacked by Blackfyre raiders, they had no chance' Stephen's eyes welled up, however he wouldn't allow them to overflow. Not in public, not even in front of his maester.
    'Leave me. I require some time to think' the words spluttered from his mouth, sounding almost like a whimper. The maester quickly left the room and Stephen felt his blood begin to boil. Those Blackfyre dogs! I shall flay every last one of them!

The next morning Stephen walked to the gates with his captain of guards Stannis Rivers, his best friend since childhood. They were there to recieve the bodies of his family, whom he would never see again in the flesh, yet would see them every night in his dreams. As he kissed his wife's lips for the final time he swore that he would seek vengeance for her death until his final breath.

The war had begun in earnest. Stephen was summonded to Riverrun at the request of Lord Tully whom welcomed him upon his arrival into the water gate.
    'Welcome Lord Bloodriver. I am deeply sorry for your loss however I must thank you for your resolve and courage in the face of adversity. I would like to invite you to my war room this evening so that we may strike back at these rebel dogs'
    'It would be my honour my lord'
    Later that evening Stephen walked up the spiral staircase of the keep of Riverrun to find Lord Tully alone in his solar. 'My lord where is everybody else?'
    'The Lords Frey and Mooton are too far away, however I have dispatched ravens to give them their orders, as for my brothers, well Ryman is not to be found and Tristifer is likely in a tavern in Maidenpool. Which is why I must rely upon you Lord Bloodriver, to assemble the command of the armies of the Riverlands. Do you accept the honou?r'
    Stephen bended his knee. He now had his chance to seek his vengeance. 'Of course my lord, I shall bring death to the pretender and all those who follow him!'
    'Well then leave with my blessing!'

After assuming his command, Stephen dispatched his orders to the lords of the Riverlands. After that he could do nothing but wait.... or so he thought. A messanger burst through the tent doors. 'Lord General, I have received reports of the sightings of a Blackfyre force crossing the Red Fork just east of Nightcastle, rumour has it that it is being commanded by Aegor Rivers.'
    'So an opportunity to draw first blood presents itself. Stannis, assemble a small cohort of men. Lets put these greenboys to some use!' The horns sounded across the camp and the men readied themselves for battle. In the dead of night Lord Bloodriver prepared an ambush abd assembled his men surrounding the road between the Red Fork crossing and Harrenhal, assuming this is where Aegor would take his men. There was not a word spoken, not a sound heard, however these men who were nothing more than stablehands and farmers who shivered at the thought of battle and pissed themselves when they heard the drums. The sound of drums came from the west, it was getting louder with each passing minute, louder and louder until eventually the sound of marching footsteps could be heard. Louder and louder until a stream of men armoured in black and red passed along the road.
    'Stannis, at my signal unleash hell' whispered Stephen. He slithered back into the bushes and picked up his warhammer. He kissed it, as if it was his wife and let out a thunderous cry 'FOR THE RIVERLANDS! AND OUR KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' The horns sounded all around the Blackfyre force and the militiamen of the Riverlands charged at the seasoned professionals in red and black. Stephen entered the fray, swinging his warhammer without mercy. Crushing many ribcages and skulls, in a brief moment of the battle he witnessed one Blackfyre cut down four of his own men. Only to be engulfed by an ocean of blades. The battle was one sided, it was too much for Aegor Rivers. The horns of surrender were blown and what was left of the beleaguered Blackfyre army fled the field, heading north towards Fairmarket. Cheers roared across the battlefield, however Stephen knew that he had suffered many losses, yet had forged an army of veterans. The battle was a crucible, eliminating all the impurities of this ragtag force. Leaving behind only the purest of men. Following a red sunrise the next morning Stephen read reports from across the Riverlands of the successes of his countrymen. Harrenhal was under siege. Another Blackfyre force was destroyed and the crossings to Riverrun were secure. However, he knew this war had only just begun and there would be much bloodshed to follow.

A letter to 'King' Daemon Blackfyre.

Traitor,
    I have defeated a few bands of your men and the castles you took from my liege lord are at the mercy of the Riverlords. I give you the option to leave these lands and head south for the protection of House Tyrell. I will give you free passage and will not harm you. If however you refuse this offer (which I hope you will) and attack any more men or settlements I will be forced to obliterate your forces and use the flesh of your chief of staff as my bed warmer. As for your own hide, I intend to use it as the mattress I let my hounds sleep on. Think carefully on this matter. It may be your last royal decree.

Lord Stephen Bloodriver, Lord of Nightcastle and Lord General of the armies of the Riverlands.

The Kraken
    . . .

Rodrik Pyke had arrived at his father's camp just in time with the tertiary reinforcements for the attack on The Crag. Ladders and rams were lined up in order on the frontline, carried and pushed by men who reaked of the sea. Behind them stood the mob of Ironborn raiders ready to scale the walls; axes and shields in hand.

Rodrik positioned his raiders behind the second line, himself in front of his crew with Salt and Stone in hand. He spied his father and brother with the Harlaw Guard at the frontline, eager to prove their worth. All for the glory of House Harlaw, thought Rodrik, I suppose I should fight for the glory of Bastards. Prince Quellon was leading the battle alongside his brother Prince Greydon, signaling the move forward. The next few hours were a blur: Screaming raiders and swordsmen scaled the walls, swinging and hacking at anyone with a lion embroidered on their clothing. Rodrik had taken a man out with a driving swing of his axes that shattered the opponents helm and head. His crew were eager to join the battle, hacking and slicing enemies on the walls and battlements. When Reyne's captains created a last line of defense at the keep, Ironborn fell in from all sides with a fury for combat. The defenders fought strong and bravely, thought Rodrik, but we were too many for them.

When Lord Robb Reyne was finally found locked inside his solar, Rodrik and the main captains were ordered to join in the judgement. Princes Quellon and Greydon Greyjoy, Lord Theomore Harlaw, Roryn Harlaw, Lord Gran Goodbrother, and Lord Gyles Botley were present inside, examining Lord Reyne on his knees and bowed head. He was wearing a thick silky white robe with a red lion emblazoned on the back. It seemed oddly appropriate attire for leading the defense of your own castle. Prince Quellon spoke first,

"Lord Robb Reyne, the castle is ours, and The Crag will be subjugated by House Greyjoy through Right of Conquest. I would very much like to send your head to Lord Lannister, but my father wishes a new approach to our Old Way. These men here are lords and revered captains of the Iron Islands. They will aid me in your judgement."

"Judgement of what?" Replied Lord Reyne.

"Judgement of interfering with the Iron Kingdom's conquests. You could have simply given up the castle and escaped into the mountains, but you chose to remain loyal to whichever dragon's cock you suck."

"Daemon Blackfyre will come for you. He will not forget who supported him, and he will not forget who opposed him. You would do best to sail back to your Isles, Prince Quellon, for ships and axes cannot stop the true King."

"I only know of one true king, Reyne: King Dagon Greyjoy. All other squabbles mean nothing to us, fool. Let him come, he needs ships. He needs an army. Our coffers will grow so large we will have half the sellsword companies in the world fighting on the side of the Iron Kingdom."

"Get on with it, then. I say we kill him. Send it to Fair Isle, Casterly Rock, perhaps. Intimidate the enemy and strike with their tails between their legs." Blurted Rodrik

The lords looked upon Robb Reyne in disgust, seeming to agree with a death. Prince Quellon and Lord Harlaw interrogated him for a while, until the time had come.

"Your family will not hide for long, Reyne. Don't worry about your wife, I'll take her for a salt wife and her real good for you." A grin appeared on the Prince's face.

Roryn Harlaw did the job in no time, everyone dispersing to their camps for a night of newly acquired wine, women, and coin.

A Fyred Fish
    The Riverlands burns
    Luna marched ahead of the main column along with the vangaurd, taking reports from scouts and issuing new orders for the supply train reaching back all the way to the crownlands. Blackfyres men had already passed this land, House bracken had been hit hard further west and the land was emptier than she could ever remember it being.

A scout approached and was waved forward to adress her, head of the vanguard as she was she handled all that was sent to King Daeron and Bloodraven, both leading from behind along with the main army. Waving the man forward he quickly saluted and began giving his report.

"The Blackfyre host have marched all the way across the riverland, to escape the hammer and anvil that would be us and the Tullies! They currently besiege Pinkmaiden with all their strenght along with reinforcements heading in from the Reach. We´ve had little reports as to the flowers yet they cannot remain idle for long..."

Luna frowned, why would they head west? Not rushing for Riverrun or heading to intercept the Targaryen army coming to relieve the riverlands... The Tully forces are vast but untrained, why did they not strike riverrun before enough men ould be marshalled and trained? It was too late now, the defenders where prepared and riverlands quickly being re-united... Her gaze became distant

Men and women, hunters and farmers, miners and soldiers all in red ran in terror before the twisted dragon, molten gold pouring down the hills from the castle set ablaze high atop the hills.

As the vision ended Luna did not hesitate for a moment, grabbing for one of her trusted Men of the Night

Send word for the king and the raven, i have grave news they need to hear.

---------------------------------------------------------------

King Daeron approached with the rest of his Kingsguard, Corobray straightening beside Luna. All but the guards on duty and Lunas mercenaries knelt as he dismounted with surprising graze. Luna clenching her fist above her heart simply waited to be addressed, silently wondering how many knew there where more to Daeron than met the eyes... Asides from the burning drive and deep intelligence in his eyes.

"Harrenhall is ours again, the Tullies did well and i was well received. Bloodraven is otherwise occupied but i shall make sure he hears what you bring, what are these urgent news? " Daeron waved for the surrounding troops to get back to their business and the Kingsguard took up position around him.

"Your grace, the enemy refuse to give battle. They march west instead of heading for Riverrun or to intercept us, they surround themselves between our hammer and anvil for no sense... I fear they are heading for the westerlands, a swift strike with overwhelming force to the lannisters back could gain them the riches land in westeros... and many indebted to the lannisters could join him for that alone. They need to be warned, the Tullies pepared to pursue west.

Daeron quietly observed her, scratching the stubble at his chin from the long march from Kings Landing
    They could also be withdrawing south to Tyrell lands, to then strike with force at whatever target... Either way we need to keep pushing for riverrun and join forces, i shall send ravens to warn the Lannisters, they waved aside my demand for allegiance but have not risen so i shall not abandon them in need.

Dark wings, dark words indeed. Lannister facing war on two, perhaps three fronts... Casterly would be surrounded and if they marched to deal with one threat the othwer would devour them

Yet she could not be sure, however the coming months would bring nothing but more suffering and death

Blackfyre
    . . .
    Ah, interesting. Daemon Blackfyre said with at smile after reading Bryce Baratheon's letter.
    They were sitting in the main hall of Pinkmaiden, once the seat of house Piper, now under firm control of Blackfyre supporters.
    He has a remarkable talent of writing Daemon said.
    He sure does. William replied with a sarcastic smile.

Sent the following reply, Daemon said to the Pinkmaiden measter.
    Lord Brye,

Try as you might, you'll never be able to write coherent letters,
    hereafter you are my enemy. I will come for you after the Targaryens
    and I will defeat you. I swear we shall have vengeance, if
    not in this life, then in the next. If you don't back down I will
    kill you and install a different lord of the Stormlands.
    sincerely, King Deamon Blackfyre

And sent this message to Tully and Arryn. Daemon said.

Lord Tully and Arryn,
    A shame you have chosen the wrong side of this conflict.
    King Daeron is my prime enemy, do not stand in our way was we fight it out and you'll be spared.
    Tully, you might have won some early victories and might have taken Fairmarket and Harrenhall.
    And Arryn you might besiege Coldwater.
    But don't make the mistake as seeing me powerless and without allies.
    Stop your contribution to the war, and me and my allies will spare you after Dearon is dead.
    Sincerely, King Deamon Blackfyre

"So, we have taken Pinkmaiden, but lost Harrenhall and Aegor Bittersteel is trapped in Fairmarket. Tell me, how can you still be positive? Quentyn Ball asked his King.
    The loss of Harrenhall and Fairmarket are unfortunate events, which couldn't be stopped after Bittersteel let himself be defeated and we combined our forces.
    Besides it was never our intention to defend Harrenhall and Fairmarket, Harrenhall is to close to the Crownlands, the full might of House Taragryen and Tully's garrisons of Saltpans and Maidenpool. While Fairmarket is surrounded by hostile Tully forces.

William replied.

Quite right Daemon Blackfyre said with a look of approval to William.
    We have reached our goal, we have combined our forces into a vast army capable of taking on anything the Targaryen supporters might trow at us.

"But why Pinkmaiden? Why not strike at Riverrun?" Quentyn insisted.

That should be quite obvious, here, look at the map and enemy positions again. William said.

Quentyn looked at the map again, it was a detailed map of the Riverlands with all known enemy positions. Large armies of Targaryen supporters were spotted at Raventreehall, and Riverrun itself had a strong garrison as well.

"Ah, I see now. But what do we do now? The obvious thing is to move south and team up with Tyrell so that... "Quentyn said.

William interrupted him.Let me quote my famous ancestor:
    "Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next."

Right you are, they won't know what hit them until it is already to late to do anything about it. Daemon Blackfyre responded.
    Betrayal
    ( the pics are pony, but the music is not, fits the story and good music at that )

Daerons hands shook as he read the dire news, the crownlands where under attack. The wallowing sadness that had been is constant companion where being overwhelmed by a silent rage previously unknown to him, there was no mistaking it... The assailants rampaging the hearlands of all the six kingdoms where Baratheon.

Tossing the note aside, he wrangled his hands together trying to regain control over them. How could this be, Baratheons where known for their fierce hearts and relentless hammers. They where iron of a quality much akin yet so very different to that of the ironborn, a betrayal like this was beyond imagination yet he had no more room for sadness.

Hearing muffled voices and the step of guards he sighed as Luna entered the tent
    "What news of Bloodraven, what word has he sent?"

Luna knelt and clenched her fist over her heart, quietly noting a slight tremor in the Kings voice and hands.
    "Nothing your grace, but if it truly is "the old man" then your city is in grave danger. We have naught but Levies and militia,
    some few schores of Men-at-arms and knights whom would sooner read than fight."

"The Blackfyres move further west but there are too many options and variables to know whereto they will go but the Tullies should be able to stand on their own now as they have united in their wrath. With forced march we could be at Kings landing in three weeks, but i fear the city will fall to assault in two..."

Daeron crossed over to her, lifting her chin with a hand she noted was no longer trembling. With tearful eyes yet cold steel in his voice.
    "It is of no matter, I will see the Baratheons pay and should i find evidence of my bastard brothers hand in this i shall see not only he but his entire line wiped out of existence for the harm he has done"

The kraken
    . . .

The night was dark with no moon present as Rodrik could hear the waves meeting the shores of Seagard. The might of the Iron Islands and Fleet was all around him, awaiting the signal to land.

When King Dagon had arrived to the Crag, he gave all the generals and captains orders for a different mission; a mission north towards the holdings of House Tully in the northern Riverlands. Some Ironborn wanted to sail south towards Lannisport, but the captains and lords throughout the camps had agreed that a new surprise attack would be to there advantage. Lord Mallister will not enjoy this, thought Rodrik, but no enemy enjoys the Old Way. The Old Bastard had been the first of captains ready to sail north, and led the tertiary army to scout the seas ahead.

Now, though, the King and Prince of the Iron Islands was at the head of the entire fleet ready to land on Mallister's shores. The wind was pulling hard to the south, so their noises would be muffled to any Seagard scouts. A low buuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrr rung from the King's war galley Harvester of Sorrow. It is time, knew Rodrik. Hundreds of longships and galleys sailed toward the shore, picking out a landing spot to dispatch the ladders.

Some torches could be seen lighting up from the mainland, but not enough for Rodrik to think a scouting party was around. Moments after, half of the fleet was ashore pulling out ladders and running towards the castle. Rodrik unsheathed Salt and Stone before he roared, "Faster you maggots! We will be the first upon the walls and will soon greet King Dagon with the head of Lord Mallister!"
    The battle for Kings Landing

The City of Kings Landing was under siege, a large Baratheon army positioned beneath its poorly defended walls preparing massive rams and huge siege towers. The forces under the Command of Bloodraven stood silent, a huge mass of Levies hastily gathered and barely trained. Green men, men whom would sooner break and flee than fight... But this where their home, their lands and their city. Half of them had family in the city and with grim determination Bloodraven called for the attention of his commanders.

"Baelor take your men down the left flank. Aery will follow your banner down to the center from the city. Corobray have already crossed the river taking the knights and leading the southern garrison. He is beginning his attack so go forth, and fear no darkness!"

As his commanders make off for their positions Bloodraven face the main force that would flank the left and break the enemy as they faced the other pincer attack. These men would see the main fighting and these men had to hold no matter what as Corbray rolled up their rear.

"Arise! Arise, Soldiers of Daeron! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises! We fight for our king, we fight for out kingdom. We fight for glory and we fight with honor... But this is our city the traitors besieges, this is our homes he intends to sack. Our gold, our women and our families that he seek to take. Those are vile men knocking at our door... Lets go kill them!"

A chorous of approval rolled over the army, some thrusting their spears into the air
    and the sound of double paced march from his own men in the distance, the pride for his men for gladly playing bait in the face of such an enemy almost overwhelmed him. With force he trusted Dark sister into the air

"We shall fight now!... fight now!... fight! Fight for their ruin and their world's ending!"

Turning his horse rearing, he faced the enemy forming up to face the threat of the advancing men.
    Death! He he called out over the hills, a mighty roar ecchoing behind him from the men "Death!"

Thrusting his sword, again
    "Death!" "Death!" the army ecchoed over the hills and the citys gates opened to join the fray.

DEATH! he called out, his own men starting a mad charge agaisnt the much larger enemy force. "Death!"Ecchoed over the hills again the distance, Corbrays forces appearing on the distant bridge at full charge. The time was now and Bloodraven smiled, a grin of death and loathing. "Forth, for Victory!"

The army roared and started their charge over the crest of the covering hill. To the cheer of those already engaged beneath them, they fell upon the now terrified Stormlanders as wights of death appearing out of nowhere with thundering force and sound.

Not a single man of the Baratheon host survived the wrath of the dragons men, caught beneath the walls of Kings Landing, the hills and the river they where destroyed.

Blackfyre
    . . .
    "A toast! To Old Man Odysseus and all Baratheon men for gave their lives for the true king! William said, as he raised his beer.
    Each and every man raised his drink and toasted loudly.

Quentyn Ball stood up.
    "To Bittersteel, fool as he was. He was not really a nice man, but he had a good heart and died a good death! Never surrendering to the minions of the false king Daeron!" Quentyn Ball yelled.
    Aye! everybody bellowed.

Daemon Blackfyre rose and it became quiet in the hall. He raised his glass of Red Arbor wine.
    To my son, Aemon Blackfyre. Daemon said with tears in his eyes.
    He will never be forgotten, nor will we ever forgive House Tully and the Tully heir for what they did.
    And everyone raised their drink in silence and respect.

We'll hunt him down, no matter where he runs. William said angrily

"He. Will. Die. Along with his entire house." Quentyn Ball said fiercely. "Let us besiege his camp and kill him while he is in our reach!"

Thank you for your passion my friends, but revenge is best severed cold. He killed my son, so he must die. However, we must be realistic. His fort, along with the encampment of King Daeron himself are obviously traps, they sent the people we despise the most to trick us into attacking.
    It won't be long now, the Kraken is tightening his grip on the Riverlands, soon we'll strike.
    Daemon said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It wasn't in the original plan, but when his ships were in range of Runestone he knew he had to strike. Something about the castle seemed ready for plunder, he didn't really know what it was. Perhaps it was something in his blood. The house of Sunderland has always been known for their pirates, most famous and feared house of the Sisters. Until the Arryns came and after them the Targaryens. He hated both equally, so when he heard Daemon Blackfyre had raised his banner in rebellion against the Targaryens and the Arryns had refused him it was clear he had to declare for the Blackfyre cause and make a good profit and have some revenge for his ancestors.
    Coldwater had been sacked and destroyed by his men, afterwards he had led his ships all around the Fingers and to Runestone. Which appeared to be empty of any soldiers, all had travelled with Lord Royce to Gulltown.
    They had made a fine sack of the castle, there were plenty of relic bronze armors in the armory, which could make quite a profit.
    Of course Lord Royce made great haste to take his castle back and when he found the castle almost empty he had presumed we were running.

Unfortunately for him, he was wrong. Denys Sunderland thought with a grin, as he looked at the Arryn siege camp.

"With me men! Let's kill these ing Rocyes and take their money and their lands!
    For DAEMON BLACKFYRE!"
    He shouted and his men roared behind him.
    SUNDERLAND! BLACKFYRE!! as they charged the sieging armies.
    Reaping Roses

The army was chanting, high of spirit as the sky wept for the coming slaughter. Luna had arrayed her men facing the enemy for a direct assault. Halbardiers shoring up the left flank and her finest men-at-arms in the center, to the right a long line of spearmen made up the right and was flanked by the river itself.

Before her the Tyrell host heavy with cavalry lined up. Luna silenced her men with a wave as she rode before them.

"Our allies in The Riverlands have suffered as greatly, attacked from every side they have bled for us. The Tyrell march to join forces against them and have even marched on Kings landing, Yet there they will find only death as Brave Corbrays trap is sprung."

"Together, we marched through the riverlands, together we watched the suffering of its people. Together we withdrew to defend our own lands yet together, will strike down those who have attacked us!"

"The Tyrells thought us retreating, abandoning the Riverlands to the Kraken, the Blackfyre and the cold North yet here we are in their path. We will show them what loyalty is, we will show them what honor is and together we will make them understand what it means to defy the Dragon, the spirit of our kingdom, the spirit of our unity. Reap vengeance for the Riverlands, Kill those whom would put themselves before the people."

The men cheered, and on the plains the Tyrell host started their charge and their horns and trumpets silenced the men, a wave of steel and lances bearing down upon them with a roar of thundering hooves.

Over the growing noise, Luna made herself heard

"Stand by me, Stand for our allies, Stand for the people, Stand with me and we shall kill them all this day. I, Luna Rivers of the Night, the Green seer swear it, by hand, heart, and body; by breath, mind, and spirit, Now serve them blood and fire!"

Turning to face the enemy again, alone in the open she gave the signal and the crossbows fired, the men roared and the lines braced themselves. Had the charge been made up by the finest knights of the reach then perhaps it would not have faltered, but only the finest warhorses would charge the steadfast wall of men and spears and by the time the infantry closed they had been cut to pieces.

And then, Lunas well trained men of the Nigh emerged from their hiding on the right. Emerging as if from the ground they fell upon the flank and rear and the Tyrell host let out a cry of terror. Had it not been for gallant Tybalt driving a mad charge through the left opening an avenue of escape, not a man would have survived.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

The army moved up slowly, the never ending rain having turned the field into mud and the river was flooding. The tyrell where pouring missiles down upon the endless tide of men, wet shields taking most of them but now and then a cry of pain was heard.

Baelor silently watched as ladders where raised to the battlements, how his militia poured over the walls as his crossbowmen now suppressed the defenders. brave men, but foolish they where systematically cut down by the Tyrells yet they served their purpose. He shook his head with his jaws and fists firmly clenched.

On the North side the constant raining and flooding of the river had caused a breach in the walls, the Tyrells was desperately trying to repair the breach even as the battle was waging. On a gamble Corbray had chosen the finest and used the muddy water to get close with the aid of straws, as one they emerged from the water and rushed the breach.

Corbray was the first inside and cut down the panicking soldiers, some still holding their tools.

Behind him, his men flooded inside, Again and again the Tyrells formed up only to break before Corbrays charge, frenzied crownlanders still high of spirits from the baratheon slaughter relentlessly overwhelmed them. By the time the western gates fell to fell to the swift attack and the waiting men at arms from outside flooded inside, the battle was all but over and true slaughter had begun.

By command of Baelor the Heir, Edgeran Tyrell and all survivors where burned to death, not even the heavy rain could quell the flames. Let it be known that all those who raise arms against the Rightful king Daeron will share their fate.

Tyrell
    . . .

...A dismantled army, a dead friend, a broken arm...

"I have failed everyone..."

Tybalt looked on at his remaining men. Running into the Riverlands was their only hope of escape, yet it proved to be quite as deadly as staying to attack the crownlands.
    Edgerran had such an ambitious plot, but his rashness cost him his life.. His best friend dead.. Tybalt was now a broken man..

His delusions of chivalry and grandeur were gone. This is war. It has cost the lives of many of his dear companions. All for some foolish Lordling to play King.

"Bah." He spat at the ground and cursed the seven. "I have made up my mind....we march at dusk."
    The hand of the king
    . . .
    Lord Bloodriver was sat in his tent late at night. The same tent that was set up more than 6 months ago. The war had progressed yet the might of the Riverlands had not moved an inch. Reports had arrived describing the butchery of the northern parts of the realm; Lord Bloodriver knew he shouldn't have trusted that weasel Lord Frey, yet there was nobody else to send. Even so; the might of the Ironborn could not be matched and so he had to concede defeat. He had allowed Lord Medger command of the northern crossings to ensure that the heart of the Riverlands weren't threatened, however there were more reports of a Blackfyre army that had appeared out of thin air close to the Twins and of course the Wolves descending southward. Towards the Vale or to his own lands he did not know. As for the Ironborn Lord Bloodriver's scouts had lost sight of them about 2 months ago, however he had made preparations for their return.

After signing off the final piece of parchment his eyes finally began to feel heavy. A rarity in these troublesome times. The sun had only just begun to peer over the eastern hills when the tent door opened. It was his captain Stannis Rivers. 'My lord I bring news from our scouts in the south. They have sighted the remnants of the Tyrell force that were ready to invade us. They have just broken camp and are beginning to head south. They carry wounded so are ripe pickings for our men'
    Stephen let out a harsh laugh 'Haha excellent Stannis! Finally the gods have granted us a battle. Prepare men and horses and send for Lord Ryman Tully. I would have words with him.'
    'Yes m'lord' Stannis turned about and left the tent with a spring in his step. He was a good, loyal man and keen for war. He had been busy the past few months equipping the green boys with the best armour and training them to the highest standards. No longer were the men of the Riverlands common peasents, they were soldiers. The only thing they needed now was battle experience and this Tyrell force presented such an opportunity.

Lord Ryman entered the tent a few minutes later 'Lord Commander, what is your plan of action?'
    'Come close and listen. I wouldn't like anybody else to hear what I have planned'
    Lord Bloodriver gave his orders to his men; he waited back at the camp with a small contingent whilst Ryman took the majority of the forces south towards the Tyrell force. He gave orders for Ryman to message him back soon, yet he feared that this was a Blackfyre trap. If so this war would be over.

An hour passed, a day, then a week. His scouts hadn't reported anything and Lord Bloodriver had begun to fear for the worst. He sat in his tent day and night awaiting news. Then during the day he heard horns blowing, signalling the arrival of riders. A score of men rode up to his tent with a group of noble prisoners in tow. A young man drenched in blood approached him, bearing the sigil of house Piper. He bent down onto one knee 'M'lord I bring word from Lord Ryman. He has scattered the Tyrell force and laid siege to Stoney Sept. I have brought you the commander of the Tyrell army Lord Tybalt Hightower of Oldtown. A valuable prisoner indeed.'
    'Indeed he is. Guards, take him into a cell for questioning, as for this Piper boy have him flayed for his incompetence in giving me this message so late; make sure the rest of these men watch. I will not have laziness in my ranks! Do I make my self clear!?'
    The boy let out shrill cries as his skin was torn from his flesh, his fellow soldiers could do naught but watch. Yet Stephen had to ensure that these men feared him more than they feared his enemy. It was the only way to ensure discipline and demonstrate his authority.

Tybalt Hightower was a man broken, his eyes hollow and his muscles worn away.
    'Lord Hightower, I have here orders to spare you after you had disbanded your men. Yet from my reports you were returning to Highgarden to raise another host for the false pretender. What do you have to say about it?' Fear streaked across Tybalt's face
    'Please have mercy, please. I was returning my men safely back to the Reach I swear it, I swear it. I had no ill intent against the king. I was his man - always'
    'His man? Where you his man when you declared for Daemon? Where you his man when your soldiers marched on King's Landing? Where you his man when you defied his orders and not disband your troops? No you were never his man! Lord Hightower you could of had everything, with loyalty comes victory and you broke your oath to your grand sire. For the crime of treason in the name of King Daeron, the second of his name. Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm I hereby punish you to death! Guards take him outside and burn him, send his ashes to Highgarden as a warning to not defy the true dragon'

The training field was filled with his men. At it's centre was a great pyre standing 10 metres high. Lord Hightower was bound to the top by rope and the flamebearers stood anxiously around the great stack of wood. Stephen stepped out into the open and addressed his men.
    'Men, brothers, countrymen. Before you is a traitor to our king. There can be no greater crime in humanity than treason. Without loyalty there is nothing to connect us, nothing to keep us in place. Without loyalty there is no point in living; and so it is that this man here must die, in the same way that the pretender must die for they have been disloyal and must therefore pay the price. Flambearers! Burn him!'
    The wood was set alight, the flames began creeping towards Lord Hightower. The sounds of crackling sung across the training yard. They were met with the sounds of trumpets. From the western road came an entourage of men bearing the flag of the Targaryens led by a man with a crown. Lord Bloodriver knelt along with his men. It was his king.
    The spinning coin
    The man had started to scream as Daeron pulled up before the kneeling lord and his men, "Rise" Daeron said, clutching his hands together as he looked upon the pyre. "The Black knight? A fool and a traitor both I see he resisted? How fitting that he be purged by fire, fire and blood is the saying after all... He should have disbanded his men as i demanded, he should have handed over the regions and done as commanded"

Dismounting before Bloodriver he waved over a squire carrying a message, Daeron put a hand on the lords shoulder.
    "The time for the riverlands to rise again, to become stronger than ever before as it takes its revenge... is drawing near."

He handed over the message and turned to watch the man burn, seemingly relaxed as he watched with a baleful stare on the one whom had opposed him like so many others. Not the first, nor the last to face the consequences of their actions.

Gulltown and Runestone have fallen before Maegar, Sunderland being cut down by Maegar himself... The Eagle will now finally be able to spread its wings and take flight!"

In the south Tyrell ignored your demands for the peace and continue to muster forces, meanwhile Corbray and I push for the stormlands. Martell forces haveing captured the Southern shores as we took up position along the border.

-Bloodraven

Bloodriver handed back the message to Daeron whom shifted his gaze from the flames.
    With a smile he bundled it up and tossed it into the flames.

"We have much to do, loyal Bloodriver"
    As they started walking away, the screaming slowly stopped
    It was late at night, the cold winds from the north leaving a chill in the air even inside the command tent behind the pallisade walls. Outside the calls could be heard as the watch was changed around the camp as a soldier knelt before Daeron bringing a message. "Your grace, word has finally reached us from the eagle, following your response to their threats. This message was not for you but our spies are most vigilant."
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopelessly Hopeless View Post
    The Vale's terms were simply to be returned Gulltown and Runestone.

Are all Targaryens so lousy at diplomacy and not offending potential allies and friends

The Lord of the Vale suggests King Daeron to honey up his tongue a little, as it is currently too sour. If he offends the Lords Paramount without caring for the consequences as in this case, he might get a little lonely
    "Is the eagle mad? I offer him everything yet he then demands it from his king, in public at that. When i placate the situation appropriately he threatens his king, treachery they say! Spoken in rage for his losses? Not everything can be forgiven..."
    Could he afford to show mercy one last time, give the Eagle one last chance to redeem itself?

"Out" Daeron abruptly said, putting the message on a small table and rubbing his hands.

Enemies, traitors and opportunistic bastards all around, where there no one he could trust? Even the fierce and righteous Baratheons had abandoned him so and now the eagle sends this, doubt gnawed at him. Could the Sunderland raidings have been a clever ploy by Blackfyre to instill trust in the Vale?

How well it had worked, when word had reached Daeron he had sent Maegar against Bloodravens insistent counsel with the entire fleet and all the remaining reserves north... He had promised the land to be returned and the might of his fleet yet the Eagle seemingly still lay claims and demands, even when a royal warning was sent.

All while the eledged King in the North was reported to be stirring, Greendreams of a great wolf bearing down on the south, great claws... or was it talons she had seen? Lighblue cloth colored in blood as the first storm and the last comes to an end.

"I know now what must be done, seven forgive me and may the stranger take him!"
    Daerons hands started shaking violently again as he sent for his scribe and swift messengers
    Many leagues away, Luna rushed into action and broke camp. There would be no rest for the Men of the Night, the true war was about to begin and her dreams had been troublesome as of late. His mind was shattering before the onslaught and there was naught to do but fight!

And fight she would

The Falcon
    . . .

The forest was alive with the rustling of leaves and branches. Even dressed as he was, with cloak, furs and a hood, Ser Lucas Corbray felt the chill breeze cutting through his bones.

When he turned on the saddle, he saw his friend was faring just as poorly. Long-faced and dour, Ser Eddard Tollett had no beard, and his thin black hair could not keep his head warm. His breath turned into mist as he shivered. "Did you really have to scout yourself, ser? Are your outriders not to be trusted?"

"I needed some quiet to think, that is all." The idea of ranging ahead had seemed more tempting when he was in the column, weary of the noise the men did as they marched south. It was dusk then, and warmer than now.

Cold as he was, Lucas was comfortable enough. This ranging was safe enough, as they had no known enemies in the area, other than the mountain clansmen who were no threat to them for the nonce. And the silence suited him. It always had.

His thoughts turned to the letter. It had arrived by raven a few days earlier to a holdfast near Coldwater Keep, where he had been staying. Dark wings, dark words. But these news were not as dark as one may think, at least not at first glance. "The Iron Throne offers to restore Gulltown and Runestone to the Graftons and Royces respectively," Marwyn Arryn, his liege lord, and Protector of the Vale, had written. Lucas figured Raymar Royce, whose host had been till a few days ago camped in Coldwater, was likely hurrying south, all impatience and frenetic energy. He could scarcely blame him. Loosing your seat was always a disgrace, so it was apparent he would want to be present in the negotiations for Runestone.

Lucas didn't feel warmly for those who styled themselves Blackfyre. They had plunged the seven kingdoms into open war, bloodshed, and their final goal was kinslaying. A Dance of Dragons indeed. The kinslayer was accursed in the eyes of gods and men, and Targaryen and Blackfyre were kin. They are all dragons, no matter how their sigil is coloured. Daemon Blackfyre was a renowned warrior, and he had summoned many a brave knight to his cause, yet Lucas would rather they bent the knee and resigned their kingly ambitions, no matter how reasonable their claim might or might not be.

And the Targaryens were not much better, either, even if they were the rightful rulers. Family, Duty, Honour, he thought with some amusement. One of them was mad, beyond a doubt, and dangerous even to friends and family. The king himself was no good as a soldier. It's the sword that makes the lord, some say. And things were whispered of their field commanders, things that might make a man's blood turn cold. Brynden Rivers, bastard-born, was a terrorising figure. It was rumoured that he bathed in blood to augment his vigour, and partook in strange rituals to see the past, the present, and the future. Of this Luna Rivers, a bastard woman with strength and savagery to match any man's, it was said that she was a warg (a warg!) and from time to time would enter the skin of mares in heat and be taken by horses. The veracity of those rumours, he could not attest to, but everyone agreed that both bastards were just as dread.

Words are wind. No matter what side his liege chose, Lucas' sword arm would still be true. Fear would not cozen him

He looked up, catching a glimpse of the sky through the treetops. The sky was pitch-black, except for some grey masses that slowly moved south. Clouds. One of them looks like a wolf, snarling. An ill omen, mayhaps?

The trees they were passing by were harder and taller than the ones before. Old trees. There was a wiry, lean feel to them, somehow. Lucas couldn't explain it. For a moment, he thought (he hoped) there might be a weirwood amongst these elder trees. Maybe some day, after the war was done, he could search for one in these woods.

Or I might journey north. Might be easier to find a weirwood there.

Tollett caught up with him, just as they ascended a steady slope. "No threats so far. Shouldn't we return to the trail, ser? The men might grow anxious if we do not return."

"Aye." The chill was getting unbearable, and the host would not march a lot further today, dark as it was. They would make camp and fires to keep the cold away. "Some mulled wine would do us good, wouldn't it, Ned?"

"Indeed, ser."

They turned their horses and returned to the host, their minds already savouring a good mug of mulled wine.
    The hand
    . . .
    Lord Bloodriver was out riding in the woods hunting. He preferred the tranquil countryside and the fresh air compared to the camp where his army had been stationed for the past few months. Whilst stopping for lunch with Stannis Rivers in an inn the door swung open. A messanger bearing the black dragon on his cloak approached the table.
    'M'lord I bring news from the king: here is his letter'

Lord Stephen Bloodriver,

Amongst the generals who fight for me there is nobody more courageous or adept than you. When Blackfyre and his hordes pillaged your lands you held your ground. When the Iron Islanders seized the northern Riverlands you stood your ground. When presented with the traitorous Lord Hightower you executed the king's justice accordingly. For your zealous service to the crown and your vast accomplishments I hereby declare that you are to be hand of the king. Whatever I dream you shall build and I dream of one united kingdom under my rule.

King Daeron Targaryen, Second of his name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm

Stephen turned to Stannis 'By the seven Stannis. I am the hand of the king. I wish I could share this with my wife and son but I am glad I am with you brother. Anyways we have much work to do. I have had enough of staying in this place too long. Assemble the army; we break camp tomorrow morning.'
    Another betrayal, two more enemies

Daeron pulled up before the scurrying men, the united forces of the Riverlands and all the Targaryen reinforcements that had thus far arrived. Bringing supplies and gold in abundance to the battle worn defenders. News had reached the men about the Eagle taking flight alongside the wolf, the deal made between the kraken and the north further dampening spirits.

Daeron pulled back his thick cloak and roaring for the attention of the men preparing to break camp.

"Warriors of Tully, Soldiers of Bloodriver and Ryman. Militia of the Riverlands and peasants alike. The cold winds are rising and the Eagle has taken flight as you've all heard."

Men where quickly gathering before the king, perhaps due to the speech or perhaps due to all the fresh provision and long delayed wages being brought up from behind him.

"I bid you fight those who would burn your lands, to Hold your ground! Hold your ground against yet another enemy!"

Men shuddered and looked to eachother as a wolf howled in the distance and another gust of chilling wind from the north. Silently cursing the gods the Kings stood up in the saddle, hands finally seizing their eternal shaking as he grasped the reins and his sword.

"Sons of The riverlands, warriors of Westeros, my brothers, I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when our courage fails, when we forsake our friendships and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. "

Rising his sword towards a cluster of battle worn men, crowding a campfire Daeron put steel in his gaze.

"An hour of wolves and shattered shields, they seek to conquer you and bring me down and plunge westeros into an age of civil war. There may well be a day when we dragons come crashing down, when westeros truly does fall into civil war and darkness for ages. But it is not this day! This day we fight!!"

Men cheered, yet most stood silent. Around them the riverlands had burned for what seemed an age as theyve been forced to stand by, awaiting the advance that never truly came from the multiple fronts they faced. Yet the prospect of spilling the blood that had cost them the north, the cause of their suffering fueled their fires still.

"Do not falter, Do not fear. This hour of wolves shall pass and those whom seek to burn your lands will be undone. You are not forgotten, you are not alone and i will not allow you to falter! Once the great Mudd empire ruled from the Riverlands, i shall see you rise to their glory and to the woe of your enemies"

"I bid you stand, Men of the Riverlands!!!"

A ragged cheer rose, not as fiery as he had hoped but it was a step in the right direction. Daeron called for his runners and sent out the orders, they now had both a goal and a target...

Luna could smell the blood in the grass, it could not be far now. She prowled onwards in the undergrowth and deepening shadows of the forest as the sun slowly set.

More than a few Crownland scouts lay dead in the forest, opened throats and impaled by arrows their watch had ended to the vile Valesmen. She pushed on, moving towards the ever thickening smell of death.

Maekar laughed as he crushed the skull of yet another "knight" of the vale, they where all running by now. Their oh so fierce assault having been abruptly stopped by his hardened dragonstone men, not even knights yet they had torn into the enemy. All the forced drills under his leadership finally paying off.

The order had been to return, but he along with his men would sooner die than allow these obvious traitors to take advantage. He had met them head on and now the entire eastern vale was all but in his hands, Gulltown had been burnt to the ground but it was of little matter.

"We make for Redfort" He bellowed, setting off a brutal forced march

The Eagle would not get a chance to regroup he vowed, ravens where sent calling for reinforcements to hold the gains against the coming counterattack from the Eyrie. The bastard better send him some much needed men, he would show these valesmen that they had woken the dragon.

In the shrubbery, The Lynx moved on
    Luna woke from her trance and called for a scribe and a raven

Targaryen
    . . .

Suitable... or perhaps not so suitable music to go with reading Fits surprisingly well imho ( edit... no it does not. I dont reccomend Very pony and not very related )

Lucos the Ranger shivered as he lead his appointed men, the mountains of the vale where unforgiving and cold unlike the warm crownlands and damp riverlands. Throughout the night he and the sorry lot granted him by Maekar had climbed and marched, many falling to their deaths or breaking bones in the dark. But it had payed off, before him the Sillhuette of the Redfort was made out as dawn approached with its light. In the Distance Maekar would be forming up for the assault. Absently he wanted to think of it as a diversion but he knew they where expected to fail and they to be the real diversion.

"Lively now, we have but an hour before sunrise. Tie the ropes together and follow me"
    He set off towards the walls through the shrubbery, aiming for the keeps high walls.

The climb was brutal, but unlike the castles in the crownlands this one was as rough and chipped as it was old and formidable with many holds for him. After a quick entry he fastened the rope allowing his men to climb up after him as he secured the pitch dark room he found himself in. Apparently a large storeroom, he thanked the seven for his luck.

The Defenders would not know what had hit them once the attack begun.
    The battle was short and bloody, the men proved to be the leftovers as expected but fought hard knowing there to be only death in failure. As Maekar climed the walls to bring death with his mace Lucos secured the keep,from where he and his men could bombard the defenders from behind with rock and arrow, greatly easing the assault for their comrades. In a mere hour after sunrise, the castle had been secured with moderate to minor losses.

He found Maekar in the lords hall, now occupied by nothing but the corpses of Corbray and his guards brought down with arrows and sword by Lucos and his men. Maekar heartily tore into the breakfast still adorning the longtable with his men and said nothing but grunting "Raven" as he entered, pointing to a torn note at his side.

With a sigh he grabbed the letter and started to move away, only to stop dead in his tracks.
    this bears the royal insignia, the high commanders marking and its Lunas handwriting...

In light of recent events, you have been appointed commander of the northern armies. The Redfort, Runestone and Gulltown are yours to govern and defend. You are to treat with the local Valesmen for peace and secure our dominion in these grave times. Maekar is to serve as your right hand and adviser as is proper, his men are at your command.

Signed under the gods and men alike
    King Daeron of the Seven kingdoms, Lord Commander Bloodraven, Luna Rivers the Defender of the Iron Throne

Lucos went cold as he read the letter again and again, he had been sent by Luna with Bloodravens blessing but this? On his 18th nameday he now commanded over a thousand troops, held the fate of a quarter of the vale in his hands and was to face the fury of the falcon...
    Blackfyre
    . . .

"Leo Tyrell! You have been accused of high treason! Surrender now and the remainder of your men will be spared!" Kevan Costayne shouted at the door.
    They were standing in front of Leo Tyrell's personal chambers, 20 of Tyrell's personal guards lay death on the floor. Kevan Costayne and 50 of his best men and personal guard had spearheaded the assault on Highgarden and had overwhelmed the defenders, only one dead against thirty of them.
    Highgarden had fallen quickly, only the personal bodyguard of Leo Tyrell were present when the entire army of Kevan Costayne had besieged the mighty fortress.

Lord Leo Tyrell didn't have any friends in Westeros, but even in the Reach itself he didn't had any friends left.
    There came no response from the chamber.
    Kevan looked around, his men were tearing down Tyrell banners and were replacing them with Blackfyre banners and his own banner. He had ordered his men that the sack would be light, only the gold was to be taken, no burning of fields or chambers and the women and children and every man who surrendered were to be left alone.

Highgarden, the seat of the one of the mightiest and wealthiest houses of Westeros and home of chivalry. You could it see it everywhere, even the table-legs were gold engraved. Every hall was decorated with standing armors, most of them beautiful but impracticable. Each and every one of these armors were worth ten times more then his own. Many of his men were already taring them down and taking parts to fit on their own.
    He called his second in command, Arron Yronwood, who had fled Dorne with most of the Dornish Blackfyre supporters and had joined his army two months ago.
    "See to it that every man of the first 100 men who entered the fortress with me receives a fine set of armor, and look for one for yourself and your personal guard as well" Kevan said.
    "What about yourself?" Arron said.
    Kevan looked at his battle-hardened and dirty steel plate armor, engraved with the barely visible coa of House Costayne.
    "I will keep it for now, it served me well, I will let the blacksmith make me a new one when the Reach is conquered."
    He looked at the 3 death men he had just slain, their armors were the greatest of them all, as was expected of the personal household knights of House Tyrell. Not that it had been of much help for them.
    He looked at the door again.
    "LEO!" he shouted
    "This is our last warning, move your lazy flower ass and open the door!"
    No response, the door remained close.
    "Axes!" Kevan called.
    Five men with heavy axes started hacking at the door.
    After a while the door began to crack and finally it burst open.

Kevan with Arron and 10 of his men charged in, only to be meet by the 5 remaining Tyrell Household knights, in such a tight space Kevan's numerical advantage was reduced and the knights put up quite a fight. Someone next to him went down with a blow on his head and Kevan immediately avenged him by cutting down his assailant. One of the knights wore the most beautiful armor of them all, with a giant golden engraved Rose on his chest, and came right at Kevan just as he tried to pull his sword from the body of the man he had just slain.
    "Lord Leo I presume", Kevan said to distract the man in the beautiful armor as he released his sword from the death body.
    "Lord Costayne, new Lord Paramount of the Reach and Lord of Highgarden. How good of you to finally make an appearance, I'm honored to receive you in my own chambers." Lord Leo said and he charged Kevan.
    Kevan sword was just released and meet the sword of Lord Leo as it came down, they exchanged a few blows and started circling each other.
    "Just surrender man, you played the game of thrones, but you played it badly and this is the price you pay." Kevan said.
    "I'm a dead man anyway" Lord Leo said "one of my sons is dead, the other has abandoned me, I've betrayed both of my Kings and alienated the people of the Reach. This is the end of House Tyrell, and I will end it in style". And he came charging at Kevan, sword held high in two hands to deliver an overhead killing blow but leaving his chest all open.
    Kevan took full advantage of the opportunity, he sidestepped and used Lord Leo's own momentum to shove his sword in a small gap between his chest and leg armor.
    "Ugh" Leo said, "that...... hurts." And he crashed down on the floor.
    Kevan poured his sword out of the dying man and gave him a killing blow of mercy.
    "He died nobly" Arron said as the looked at the former lord of Highgarden.
    "Aye, a true knight till the end. Shame he was such a bad player of the Game of Thrones" Kevan said.

The giant Tyrell Banner on the wall was taken down by his men and was being replaced by a just as great banner of House Costayne.

"Well done my lord, Highgarden is yours." Arron said as he clapped Kevan on the shoulder.

Yes, Kevan thought as he looked at his banner, Highgarden was taken, the rebellion in the Reach is almost crushed. However, the war for the Iron Throne was far from over. His success was directly tied with Blackfyre's, he owned everything to them, and he would do everything possible to put Daemon on the throne.
    Last edited by Mithridate; August 04, 2013 at 02:01 PM.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes

In preparation for the battle
    Lucos looked over the beautiful and currently hidden pass, leading down to the coast of the vale down on the other side and sighed in relief. The hillmen had no love for the falcons and had spoken true, with the new Vale Loyalists having shown the way he could finally order halt and rest for the coming battle.

Beyond the pass lay a small but well placed fort, cutting off the enemy from advancing further into the Vale dominion. With Maekar manning it it was all but certain that the valesmen of the north would assault it for vengeance and that the defenders would fight to the last should it come to it.

To his East, Luna had caused all the commotion she could as she landed at Gulltown and besieged Runestones. Making sure the news of her arrival would reach the north, the enemy would see naught but her and her forces. Faced with only his own men, some measly thousand and Lunas proven 2.500 they would advance as the valiant fools they where. Confident of their superior troops, numbers and surely knowledge of terrain!

"These lords and their games, when will they learn that war is no game" besides him, a guard looked at him curiously before snapping his head dead ahead again. Paying the man no heed Lucos looked over the mashing men and saw a scout waving a flag signalling that the enemy where moving in on the fort.

Cursing, Lucos hoped he and the levy-army of the crownlands whom had proved themselves at the battle of Kings Landing would arrive in time to prove themselves once again.

Behind him, Maekar laughed and continued his feast. Apparently oblivious to the cold stare Lucos gave him.
    Curse that man and the strife he brings, if not for him the vale would still likely kneel to Daeron and now i get responsibility for his leavings... Luna spoke truly, it is the people whom suffer when the high lords play their game of thrones...

He laughed at the hopelessness of the situation and went to find the maester,
    he had lots of ravens to sendand an almost overwhelming urge to get drunk, very very drunk.

Targaryen
    . . .
    Suitable... or perhaps not so suitable music to go with reading Fits surprisingly well imho

Lucos the Ranger shivered as he lead his appointed men, the mountains of the vale where unforgiving and cold unlike the warm crownlands and damp riverlands. Throughout the night he and the sorry lot granted him by Maekar had climbed and marched, many falling to their deaths or breaking bones in the dark. But it had payed off, before him the Sillhuette of the Redfort was made out as dawn approached with its light. In the Distance Maekar would be forming up for the assault. Absently he wanted to think of it as a diversion but he knew they where expected to fail and they to be the real diversion.

"Lively now, we have but an hour before sunrise. Tie the ropes together and follow me"
    He set off towards the walls through the shrubbery, aiming for the keeps high walls.

The climb was brutal, but unlike the castles in the crownlands this one was as rough and chipped as it was old and formidable with many holds for him. After a quick entry he fastened the rope allowing his men to climb up after him as he secured the pitch dark room he found himself in. Apparently a large storeroom, he thanked the seven for his luck.

The Defenders would not know what had hit them once the attack begun.
    The battle was short and bloody, the men proved to be the leftovers as expected but fought hard knowing there to be only death in failure. As Maekar climed the walls to bring death with his mace Lucos secured the keep,from where he and his men could bombard the defenders from behind with rock and arrow, greatly easing the assault for their comrades. In a mere hour after sunrise, the castle had been secured with moderate to minor losses.

He found Maekar in the lords hall, now occupied by nothing but the corpses of Corbray and his guards brought down with arrows and sword by Lucos and his men. Maekar heartily tore into the breakfast still adorning the longtable with his men and said nothing but grunting "Raven" as he entered, pointing to a torn note at his side.

With a sigh he grabbed the letter and started to move away, only to stop dead in his tracks.
    this bears the royal insignia, the high commanders marking and its Lunas handwriting...

In light of recent events, you have been appointed commander of the northern armies. The Redfort, Runestone and Gulltown are yours to govern and defend. You are to treat with the local Valesmen for peace and secure our dominion in these grave times. Maekar is to serve as your right hand and adviser as is proper, his men are at your command.

Signed under the gods and men alike
    King Daeron of the Seven kingdoms, Lord Commander Bloodraven, Luna Rivers the Defender of the Iron Throne

Lucos went cold as he read the letter again and again, he had been sent by Luna with Bloodravens blessing but this? On his 18th nameday he now commanded over a thousand troops, held the fate of a quarter of the vale in his hands and was to face the fury of the falcon...

Behind him, Maekar laughed and continued his feast. Apparently oblivious to the cold stare Lucos gave him.
    Curse that man and the strife he brings, if not for him the vale would still likely kneel to Daeron and now i get responsibility for his leavings... Luna spoke truly, it is the people whom suffer when the high lords play their game of thrones...

He laughed at the hopelessness of the situation and went to find the maester,
    he had lots of ravens to sendand an almost overwhelming urge to get drunk, very very drunk.
    The kraken
    . . .

Upon the defeat of the Lannister armies, Lord Damon Lannister was trapped in his fort and was soon imprisoned after the storming of his defences.

“Lord Damon Lannister, your armies are depleted, your fort is taken, and you have no aid for hundreds of leagues. Here you are on your knees, hands tied, with nothing but your crimson and gold cloak. Your encircled by some of the greatest Ironborn warriors. Over there is Rodrik Pyke, the Old Bastard. He was at the taking of Castamere, and present when Lord Reyne was beheaded. Did you like that gift we sent?”

“There is nothing for me to speak of, Greyjoy. End this now, so that I may meet my daughter in the heavans.”

“Why must I end this conversation so soon? We have taken your shores, defeated your ‘professional’ armies, and even trapped you inside your own fort. Why must we make an abrupt end to such a glorious celebration? The Greenlanders always spat at us, thinking of us only as petty raiders to flee back to the sea when we’ve had our fill. That time has ended. The Old Way has returned, but we will colonize what we take as well. That will soon include Casterly Rock and Lannisport, where the highest concentration of spoils can be found.”

Rodrik Pyke grew impatient, eager to end the confrontation and continue marching south. “Let’s get this done with, my Prince. King Dagon landed on Kayce, tricking the levies around the mountain passes to mobilize.”

“You might just be right, Pyke. You do the honors.”

The Old Bastard unsheathed Salt and Stone, still stained with blood from the battle against Leo Lefford and Othell Plumm. Walking to meet Lord Lannister, he stopped and gazed into the green and gold-speckled eyes of a shivering lord.

“Lord Damon Lannister, you have failed in your duties of defending your holdings. As my prisoner, I hereby relieve you of your duties. Your remains will be thrown into the sea for the Drowned God.... Give him my regards.”

The battle for the Vale
    Battle raged all around her, Corbrays banners all but consumed in Stark white as her forces engaged the Falcons men. With her side to the sea and the fort blocking any attempt to flank on the west it was a battle of brute strength... and they where losing.

They had begun the attack almost immediately as the Falcons men lay siege and the first stark army arrived almost instantly. Corbray moving to shore up her retreating left as the enemy roared confidently as they pushed on, they where running out of time and Corbray failure to give ground forced the entire left to hold not to get him surrounded.

Corbray was no fool and loyal to the crown, why he would linger was beyond her and she strained her eyes... "By the gods..." At the front of corbrays position, on a small hill stood an imposing figure and beside him the knigh of the kingsguard could be seen.
    Maekar laughed madly as he cut down another man in the onslaught, ignorant of all in his frenzy he called out: "Fire and blood, is there none in the north worth killing in this wretched army? Come here and die you fools, face the dragon!"

Thousands of men roared their defiance and the battle continued, the hill slowly becoming an island

In the thick treeline northwest of the engaging forces 3.000 men readied themselves for the charge, before them the great battle played out as predicted. The main Stark and Arryn armies engaged in what was all but a certain victory as the third was still on the march, yet to join the battle.

In the distance the banner of Maekar swayed, holding out on a hill in a sea of white as battle waged.

"The wolf and falcon think themselves to take on the dragons, thousands of them are even now attempting to take down Prince Maekar. Northmen and valesmen they tremble before his might alone, lets show them that the only thing more terrifying that dragons are the crownlanders whom serve bearing down on their backs!"

As one, the treeline erupted with screaming men in Targaryen colours. Once again they bore down upon the enemy as terrible weights of death as they had in the crownlands, not even the heavily armed and grizzled men of the north could stand against their fury. The enemy soon called for retreat and whatever semblance of order was lost as they ran for their lives.

And then, the second Stark army arrived

With thousands of desperate men before him, thousands of vengeful Starks forming up behind him Lucos gave the order, a long blast ringing out throughout the peeks. As one, his forces moved to face the new threat. But curiously they did not move against, but along the enemys flank whom where closing on the main battle.

A battle whom had long since turned into a rout, now left an avenue of escape

Two thousand fleeing men clashed with the stark lines whom struggled to keep formation, two thousand men driven mad by fear and death forcing their way to the other side of what they thought as a barrier of saftey.

Followed by three thousand men, pouring arrows and bolts on the enemy and slowly closing, further hearding the mass of men crying out in terror. On the flank Lucos continued to lead his men at double pace, a move the Stark host tried to counter by forming up to face him. An easy move for drilled troops, made nigh impossible as men forced their way through the solid ranks where they spread their seeds of fear and disorder.

By the time the second blast came from the south, the enemys formation was little more than a mass of men encircled on two sides. Hundreds fell to arrows, thousands continued to run and hundreds where starting to give ground.

"For westeros, for the people, for the king" Luna called out, raising her sword and beginning the charge
    Five thousand men followed, screaming like madmen and striking their shields and weapons together as able.

The third stark army, made up by the best and finest men of the north did not even stand long enough to connect with the enemy, before they too started running in terror.

( One of my fav songs, bloody good and related to the story but contains a fair bit of pony )

So much death..

All along the roads there lay dead starks and valesmen, thousands drenching the fertile soil with blood all the way from the grizzly battle. Maekar had eagerly tracked the stragglers down to continue the slaughter in his usual brutal yet effective way, as crude as Daeron was refined she thought.

Everything had gone perfectly, Lucos had more than lived up to Lunas expectations and his plan had worked marvelously. The southern Valesmen where subdued yet warming to the crownlanders, the city was being repaired and great clearings where being made for further irrigation for crops earning love from both peasantry and citizens alike while the nobility was either already wiped out by Maekar or coerced by Lucos. It was all going well

Too well

In the south contact had been lost with Dorne, the reach was on fire from Blackfyre whom had found evidence of betrayal in the Tyrells. Facing them at his rear and the unyielding Tullies he had struck hard and fast, he would soon be on the move again.

In the west the Lion roars, not in triumph but in crippling pain as the Kraken devours him. Having strayed from the iron throne it would have concerned her little if not for the fact that it was the ironborn, possibly in league or even loyal to the Daemon that where the cause. The people would suffer greatly and their enemies likely grow in strength.

Brooding, she reached the large clearance before Longbow hall and quickly called a halt. Her experienced Men of the night immidiately reformed on the flanks and the drilled crownland troops followed suit in silence. Before her the a temporary camp before the castlehad been raised, too many wounded alone to fit in the small castle they had little choice and probably did not expect such a swift advance north by any major force.

So many wounded she thought...
    With a grim face and a tinge of sadness,
    she gave the command "No mercy" and signaled the attack.

The gates soon closed and another thousand of the Falcons men fell. Later she was informed, that the renowned Lucas Corbray had been found a barely recognizable corpse with knees smashed and nearly every bone broken.

A great man then, for Maekar to have had such sport instead of a quick death.
    Misguided in life perhaps, a great man deserved a proper burial and she would see to it.
    Targaryen
    . . .

Daeron looked upon the parchments, news from the Vale had been pouring in last week. Sitting down in the quickly raised tent by the candlelight he started reading again:

Longbow hall is ours, a third of the Vale fly Targaryen color under the Valelish-Crownland dominion and Lucos. Losses have been minimal and we've marched west by the coast, supplies being carried by the royal fleet in our rapid advance.

A few days march west of longbow hall, cowering in the protection of the mountains we encountered the wolf again. Thinking the mountain their refuge, it became all but their tomb as we overcame them. The survivors fled south towards the Eyrie, with luck they will be put down by Lucos and corbrays united forces.

Soon, the vale shall be in your hands your grace
    -Luna Rivers of the Night, Champion of the Iron Throne.

With a frown Daeron put the note aside, he could feel the uneasiness of Luna radiating from the letter yet everything where going as planned. The enemies of the Iron throne where being slaughtered, peace being restored and no one discounted the Dragons any longer.

The trecherous dog of the north had indeed headed for the vale, but been intercepted and slaughtered by Lucos and Corbrays forces. The heads put on a ship and sent with a dozen survivors to White harbor, smiling he knew the work of Maekar and doubted the sanity of those who lived.

Taking up the latest letter he read with anticipation

The kraken
    . . .
    The cold winds were rising over Fair Isle; a deep grey overcast hinting at rains to come. The Greyjoy camps surrounding Faircastle were silent, listening to the constant flapping of tent entrances and crackling of soon to die campfires. Rodrik Pyke, the Old Bastard laid his tent atop a jagged, rocky hill overlooking the siege lines and castle gates; never taking an eye off the enemy. The chill had settled itself deep in his bones, but he did not care. It became him. Cold, hard, and unforgiving.

Prince Quellon was on the other side of the castle with his army, likely whoring his way until the assault began. The Old Bastard had grown a preference to remaining around the younger prince and his raiders. A man of little words is a man of large ambition, Rodrik thought. Prince Greydon had always been the quiet one, sticking to the matter at hand and taking no pleasure from alcohol and the other addictions of his older brother. Greydon should be King Dagon’s heir, not Quellon. Aye, Quellon can lead and fight, but he cannot manage a kingdom. Greydon is only 20, yet he has lead the Iron Army to glory in the West. When Lord Damon was executed and the rest of the Lannister army routed, Quellon thought it best to move straight to Casterly Rock, foregoing the Lannister settlements along the shore. “You fool, we cannot catch ourselves between Lannister loyalists and one of the most insurmountable castles on the continent.” Rodrik remembered hearing.

They decided to move west along the shores, raiding and pillaging their way to endless amounts of gold and booty. They had expected King Dagon to join the assault on Faircastle by now, but they had not received a raven in some time. Men in red cloaks holding torches and crimson banners were seen pacing along the castle’s battlements when one of Rodrik’s crewmates crashed to the ground behind him.

“What is it, boy?”

“Captain. Dire news, you are wanted in Prince Quellon’s tent immediately. Word from King Dagon has arrived. I fear he…”

“Silence! Fool. Whatever happened, do not speak of this to anyone.”

Upon arriving to the Princes tent, both brothers were arguing over the hearth while the rest of the high captains waited in silence.

“We must go to his aid immediately! If he’s caught prisoner or murdered, our whole campaign will be at a stand-still!”

“Father can take care of himself! He brought the Iron Islands to what we are today. Do not expect him to fall so easily to southron scum.”

“My princes, I apologize for my late arrival. What of our King?”

“King Dagon has been defeated at Kayce. The siege was lifted and all we know is that he retreated north. Likely, he is at Castamere or on his way there.”

“If the Drowned God is good to us. His head could be on a pike, while we are here bickering like saltwives over what to do.”

“You do not speak of our King in that manner, Quellon. He is alive, and he is well. I know it. If he were in our shoes, he would assault Faircastle and then worry about reinforcing the battered army. We cannot leave something we have planned for months! Our campaign will be set back, and the Lannisters have more than enough gold to build another army.”

“Let them! We crushed them once, and we can do it again.”

I crushed them brother. And I will do it again. We assault Faircastle immediately. Show no mercy. I want everyone in the castle executed if they did not die in the assault. We may have lost a battle, but we will not let them savor it.”

Moments later, horns around the Greyjoy camps blared the signal for battle. Prince Greydon Greyjoy was one of the first upon the battlements, but wouldn’t have done it without the Old Bastard by his side. Every single Lannister soldier and peasant was executed when the castle was taken…
    Aftermath of the Battle, a crossroad
    ( Credits to Tairis Deamhan and his amazing Mass effect novelization series for heavy inspiration )

Pretty fitting to go with the reading
    The scent was unmistakable. A large muzzle tipped upwards and inhaled deeply, causing every muscle in the beast's body to tense in anticipation as two-legs where coming.

Beside him, master did not stirr but remained still and silent.

"The tracks lead on south but one goes off in here, theres a lot of blood my lord Lucos... whoever it is cant have gotten far if theyre still alive."

The masters scent was slightly muted and tinged with something else, something that reminded the dog of the dead after battle. Seeing two strangers emerge from the brush he growled deeply from beside his master where he'd been sleeping and looked around for other threats.

"Hold, and dont touch your weapons. Thats a Stark warhound, by the looks of it its master is dead or dying... he must have stayed here to delay us, or been left behind to die by the others."

"My lord?"

The two legs had stopped and where making sounds, he did not care for it and the cold and moist ground felt good and assuring under his paws. Master had said guard, and he was a good boy, he would kill them if they moved towards his master or touched the long claws at their sides.

"Hand me the hammer you got from the smithy, slowly and then back away. The rest of the Starks are out of our reach and mercy but this hound and its master are not"

The alpha made command sounds, they made no sense but his moves where slow and safe. A freshly killed rabbit was brought forward and the unknown packmate handed over a stick with a ball in the end. Master said guard, he could not play! He was a good boy and these where not pack, but the meat was tempting... Master often let others feed him, yes master would not mind. The dog licked his great maw and tilted his head.

The two-leg alpha moved forward and placed the prey in front of him, he smelled of bad men like the ones he had killed whom where hurting master and his pack before but he had not bared any or his claws... Or any pointy stick things like the master used. Perhaps this was two-legs where different... but something felt wrong... He growled and smelled fear from the alphas packmate, that was right.

The two-leg alpha did not move, nor did he smell of fear or threat, strange... Eying the fearful one he took a bite from the prey, his belly was happy to finally have something and the other seemed to relax and smell less of fear. He was tired of fear smells.

The night had been long, his pack full of it after the bad pack had come out of the forest and killed many of them. Master had never wavered and fought by the big alpha, but the bad ones where many and sticks where thrown in the dark that hurt them... they had run when even more came on the big whinnying prey things.

"Maekar will find the others, with luck the stark bastard will have died by then from the wounds of my arrows. Tell the men to push on North, i shall follow once im done here."

The alphas pack member left, making relieved sounds as he took another chunk of the rabbit.
    Perhaps he should save some for master? Master had been weak and making hurt sounds after they had stopped, not even licking away the salty drops that had come down from his face had made it stop like it did for his cubs back with the alpha-female. He was a good boy, why was master unhappy and weak? He was never weak...

All of the packmates had been quiet after they had run and smelled of fear, none of them wanted to play and he was glad when master left them to sit by the tree. He had been told to guard, and guard he would. Master would rest and they would move again later.

He took another chunk, little remained now but master did always have his own food. The unknown-alpha raised the stick with the black ball slowly, the hair rose on his back but he ignored it. He had not shown claws, if he wanted to play thought then he would not because master told him to guard and guard he would.

"Dont worry, i will take care of your master too. You are a good boy, Im sorry i could not save your friends from what is coming for them but at least i can do this for you two."

Two-leg noises were so complex, but he could tell they were happy sounds even if they sounded sad. All he knew was a simple fact. Things would be as they where supposed to be again, master would get better and they would run again to fight the bad two legs. He devoured the last piece of the rabbit and licked his gums making a happy noise for master and this alpha.

The world went black
    Baelor looked out over the large encampment, the brand new fleet visible in the gloomy distance.
    2.500 Men at arms 2.000 Militia and some 500 gold cloaks along with a few hundred knights, freshly raised and yet to be tested in battle. All the current strenght of the Crownlands as Luna with the remnants of the Royal army under Corbray and her men of the Night held the Vale and hounded the North.

With a sigh, he turned again to face his father and his brother.

"Father, Bloodriver cautioned specifically against this. We are at war in the north, beset in the west with the reach firmly under the Bastards control. We cannot wage open war with yet another enemy."

Daeron, clasping the news firmly shook his head. Silently cursing the Baratheons incompetence in carrying out the simplest of commands and the vile treachery of Dorne.

"Bloodriver is capable and loyal, he will comply and grow to accept my decision. With the traitor snakes in dorne having shown their color we are left with little choice. All the Stormlands are at risk"

"Father..."

Daeron silenced him with a stern glance, yet clutching his hands behind his back to hide their shivering.

"You will take half the army, the knights and the finest men and depart immediately. Ive already recalled the Northern fleet and given Luna complete authority to act in my name and make peace with the Wolf."

Baelor knelt in the dirt

"Your grace, i beg you..."

"Silence" Daeron growled before glancing over on the smirking Maekar "It is done Baelor, leave us and see it through"

With a tap to his breastplate the elder son left, his officers already sent for. His father silently cursed the gods and looked to the beast of a man now approaching him, cold intelligence hidden in the eyes beneath fuzzy eyebrows.

"We have much work to do"

Maekar smiled, the same smile he had shown Lucas Corbray as he broke his legs and the armies of the vale crumbled around him,
    the same smile he had when he put out Jon Norreys eyes after having killed his Lady Lyna that fateful day in the Vale.

"Fire and blood, Father"
    There would be no mercy

Fyre
    . . .

"They are located in one of the lower levels, all vanquished death foes are kept there. There is a hall, on a level under the Hall of Heroes, where we keep the remains of our most hated and powerful foes" the blonde haired servant in Lannister colors said.
    "Take me to them" Lord William said.
    "Yes m'lord, follow me please" the servant said as he led William and some guards from the Lion's Mouth, the large audience chamber of the Rock.
    The servant walked down the corridor, further into the base of the huge fortress of House Lannister. No, my fortress William thought as he followed the servant.
    The fortress was huge, build atop and carved in a huge rock overlooking Lannisport. These main corridors were very wide, 5 people could easily walk next to each other; and the halls were huge, most as large as some of the holdfasts he had come across on his long journeys.
    Everywhere the huge riches of House Lannister were evident, with the decorations in the Lion's Mouth alone you could buy the entire Crownlands. House Lannister had been the most powerful house of the Kingdoms and Casterly Rock the most powerful fortress. And now this was his, you couldn't quite comprehend it yet.
    In every hall they passed they saw Lannister banners being torn down by servants previously serving those colors. Everywhere the ancient Mudd CoA was put in its place, a golden crown on a field of brown.
    William looked at the giant Mudd banner that was put in place above the main doorway. For ages his house had been outcasts, descended from an ancient house of Kings, but they had held no lands and titles anymore. Nobody had believed them that they were the true House Mudd and William doubted that even now anyone believed his claim on the Riverlands.
    But the ages of sorrow and outcast of his house were over, now King Daemon had decided that he and his house should be granted the ancient seat of Casterly Rock and the Lordship of the Westerlands. For his dedicantion to the rightful cause of House Blackfyre and his contributions in the field of war.

House Mudd, Lords of Casterly Rock and Lords Paramount of the Westerlands, he sure liked the sound of that.

The servant went to a very small corridor and William followed. They descended for more then an hour when the servant finally stopped before an unremarkable door.
    "This is it m'lord, here they brought the remains" the servant said.
    "Thank you" William said as he opened the door. They entered a large hall with coves carved in the walls.
    "Here, the remains our vanquished enemies that House Lannister collected on the battlefield are kept" the servant said as he lead the way down the hall.
    "Here you can see the torn banner of House Gardener and some of the remains of King Gyles III, the man who foolishly refused a marriage proposal from House Lannister" the servant said as they walked past a cove. Walking past it, William could see the a cracked skeleton head lying on a torn white banner with something that resembled a green hand.
    After a long walk past all kinds of banners and dead enemies of House Lannister they finally arrived at the last cove.
    "This is where they put them m'lord" the servant said.
    "Leave us" William said, as he entered the cove alone.

Lying on the ground on a torn Greyjoy banner were 3 skeleton remains. Lord Dagon Greyjoy, his heir and son and the last and largest skeleton was most likely Rodrick Pyke.
    William knelt down before them, bowed his head and closed his eyes.
    "I'm not going to pray for you" William whispered. "You don't need the mercy of our weak gods, you piss on them. You have fought and died as true Ironborn, reliving the Oldway."
    William looked up.
    "The Lannisters are dead, their ancestral seat taken. You have been revenged. Now I will make sure the Drowned God can take you to his halls."

William stood up and walked out of the room.

"Sergeant, make sure that the remains here are collected and sent to Lannisport. There they are to board a ship and sail to the open sea. There the ship and the remains must be sunk. They will be given back to the Drowned God, to live again in his halls."

"What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger."
    Scorched earth

To all the lords and would be kings of the realm, to all the oppressed and the rebels alike. House Targaryen has come to put an end to the Blackfyre rebellion in force, our armies advance deep into the once rich reach. The enemy flee before us and the suffering populace is finally relieved at the mercy of the crown as the five legions push their advantage.

Let it be known that i am merciful to my enemies, yet firm with those whom oppose me... Generous to those whom serve, kind to those whom live under my rule.
    I hereby award the Hand of Westeros, fierce Bloodriver the title of lord paramount of the vale and all its lands. House Tully have served me well and thus i reward them.

House Stark, you need not follow in the footsteps of arryn. The treasonous would be king is dead and should you surrender your title you shall be shown mercy and the North brought back to the fold.

House Lannister, you stood silent and refused to heed the call of the crown yet have long fought our enemies to finally declare. For this you shall be shown lenience, for continued service we shall take back your lands.

House Blackfyre, my brother... Surrender, and i shall show mercy to your kin and those under your command.

I give you all this warning, heed it before it is too late and the dragon descends and the fate of Martell and Arryn befalls you.
    The end of Greyjoy and Tyrell finds you wherever you may decide to hide.
    The end of all wars
    At this point the hotseat had pretty much ended, they did not surrender at my demand above but these posts are from the main thread so you get an idea how it went.
    No major battles really, but the Reach was set ablaze by my forces as blackfyre was forced to pull back from overwhelming strenght and numbers.

( Not very pony, decent song and story related )

A new world will rise
    From the ashes of your broken bonds
    Ignite the flames of desire
    And welcome the rebirth

Feel the embrace of the clouds above
    Follow me to the throne of shadows
    Filling the path with a silent song.
    Hear all the prayers of the innocents below
    Gaze upon their shattered hopes
    Rejoice and surrender to the call of the night

Nice move dux, assuming my forces will reinforce as they should it was not enough however.
    Should the bug be there... Ive given command to reinforce the northern army and should not be defeatable without it

( that was the initial push beyond at the central reach post the first quick strike where i snatched the closest regions to the crownlands with a vanguard, he could not defeat me so he pulled back and the game was afoot! The bit below is where i reached highgarden, the enemy slowly retreating before me )

The decicive battle for the reach is upon us, this is the point of no return...
    Find victory against me here brother, or concede defeat and accept your fate

Accept your fate, surrender and be sent to the wall with all of your kin.
    All lords whom have supported you, shall be judged before the throne as fit to their crimes.

( Highgarden fell, Lannister whom had been driven out of the westerlands struck Casterly rock and Lannisport again from the isles. It was over, they all knew it.

The time is coming brother, Danaerys may cry in my custody for now... But not for long!

All of house Blackfyre is to join the nights watch, my brother condemned to life inprisonment in the deepest pits of Dragonstone, the women to be married away or bannished and every child to become wards of my loyal vassals.

House Stark shall be forgiven, a royal pardon signed the moment the head of Lord Bolton whom escaped the vale is sent us.
    Lannister is to reclaim the westerland, the warden of the west! Never again shall the west have to worry about war and invasion.

House Tully has been awarded warden of the East for their never flinching loyalty to the crown. The Lord hand warden of the south, first choice among the lady Blackfyres and the title, lord Paramount of the Reach!

Lucos Mallery for his valliant service along with Luna at the battle of the vale shall become lord paramount of the Stormlands, my oldest son shall rule in Dorne. Maekar, lord commander of the armies of the Crown and Westeros.

I, shall take Lady Luna as my new wife. The Men of the Night, shall be the new royal Elite guards and agents.
    The Blackfyre Rebellion, is over!

I know it derailed a little towards the end, feel free to comment. Im aware of spelling mistakes and mistypes so dont say that much about it please as im fairly good at both when i put my mind to it. Overall criticism and tips for improvement would be much appreciated, if i get some feedback i will make a similar but better version of this from the GJ play where we, the best hotseaters^^ Play for a medal
    Last edited by Mithridate; August 04, 2013 at 01:20 PM.

Default The rise of the Dragon and the lady of Night, CCH

Placeholder, just in case ( the entire story is compiled above. When i have time ill add some posts to it as there is a little bit more )
    Last edited by Inarus; August 06, 2013 at 08:42 AM. Reason: By Request - Inarus

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Have not had time to read the whole thing so far, but points for effort!