Thread: Cannot Find Dirext X 9?

Default Cannot Find Dirext X 9?

So for some reason everytime i try to start the mod, the screen flickers, then i get any a error box saying that 'it cant find directx 9'? Im playing on my new laptop, windows 8. The games also a steam version, and i also tried playing without the mod and everything worked fine. So i have no idea haha

This mod looks amazing btw

Default Re: Cannot Find Dirext X 9?

GGUUUYYYSSS?

Same problem for me. I've asked this on the Europa Barbarorum forum and no one will respond to me there either. Does anyone have a fix for this? Surely someone must know.

Edit: Try this. If you have run as administrator or compatibility mode on, turn them off. Turn them all off and download the directx End-user runtimes from microsoft. That actually made mine work!
    Last edited by Suthseaxe; January 29, 2014 at 04:32 PM.

Tiro

When you install RTW on a pc with windows 8 or higher, you will notice a file called "DirectX". If necessary, copy it to the ALEX folder. When you cannot, visit the RSII forum.
    Proud winner of the first XCmas contest of the Extended Cultures mod (XC)
    “War does not determine who is right - only who is left.” – Bertrand Russell
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also.” – Heinrich Heine
    "You know you're a history fan when you still get upset thinking about the Library of Alexandria." – unknown