Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome II Praise Thread

Default Re: The more I see of Rome II.....

There will be no modding. You are all naive.

​Scoodlypooper Numero Uno

I won't need modding I'm gonna play vanilla and love every second of it

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre120 View Post
    I'm very excited about this game and laughing at the butthurt hardcore historians.
    I'm laughing at the all the fanboys who will have spent their parents $60 and moved onto Battlefield 4 by October.

I'm pretty excited for it. Only, I'm leaving for a two week trip on September the 2nd so I'm -really- hoping for a good preload option, otherwise I might not get to play for awhile, despite having a laptop with me.

There are some things that bother me, and particularly I think the AI looks like it'll be a disaster, but then again the Rome 1 AI is a disaster and I still enjoy that game. Hopefully it'll get better with mods and patches.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The more I see of Rome the more I need to get drunk to buy this game,...maybe I open a bottle of Monte Velho in setember . Anyway my daughter like cartoons, she will like it.
    Last edited by pajomife; August 02, 2013 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    I'm laughing at the all the fanboys who will have spent their parents $60 and moved onto Battlefield 4 by October.
    I'm laughing how you honestly think we care about your opinion and at how wrong you are if you're not a fan why are you here exactly? Just have to escape your terrible life for a little while and pretend that people have it worse than you cus they are buying a video game? No one is putting a gun to your head and telling you to buy the game it's your choice but don't tell people they are wasting their money when you have no idea how the game is. Basing off of previous total wars which I have loved every single game since Rome 1 I am willing to bet I will be playing this game for years but that's how I am, when I buy a video game I enjoy it I don't waste my time looking at the minor flaws and try to put people down to try and bring myself up. No one cares about your opinion on a video game, we'll make our own judgements thanks for trying to act like your opinion is more valid than mine though.

Quote Originally Posted by lacrossepl9 View Post
    I'm laughing how you honestly think we care about your opinion and at how wrong you are if you're not a fan why are you here exactly? Just have to escape your terrible life for a little while
    ...yada yada argle bargle.

I'm here because I care about games. You're here apparently because you like asking other people why they are here.

Take a bit of advice...there's nothing attractive about being a fanboy vigilante...especially on the TWC.

...yada yada argle bargle.

I'm here because I care about games. You're here apparently because you like asking other people why they are here.

Take a bit of advice...there's nothing attractive about being a fanboy vigilante...especially on the TWC.

Take a bit of advice no one cares about your opinions on a fan forum on a game you haven't even played yet...oh and there's nothing attractive about caring about games whatever that is supposed to mean. My bad though being a fan on a fan forum man what was I thinking!! The nerve I had to actually be a fan on a FAN forum my bad won't happen again, you make the TWC sound like a biker gang lol it's nothing but a bunch of whiny teenagers who think it looks cool to be the bad boy who tries breaking down the establishment by making flame posts about sandals, it's pretty sad

I think people should have their opinions and wait to pass final judgement until release. I have always had fun with TW games, disappointment in some circumstances, but fun worth the cost nonetheless. Going off of that, I can only say that I am excited.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

you make the TWC sound like a biker gang
    I thought......we were.....a biker gang....

Mate there is nothing wrong with Huberto's criticism, as scathing as it may be ()

Horses for courses, swings and roundabouts and all that lad.

Take a bit of advice no one cares about your opinions on a fan forum on a game you haven't even played yet...
    I won't need modding I'm gonna play vanilla and love every second of it

It's a fan forum, especially for fans of TW mods. It's not a fanboy forum. Totalwar.com is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post

Horses for courses, swings and roundabouts and all that lad.
    LOL! America and England, two countries separated by one big pond and a common language.

It's a fan forum, especially for fans of TW mods. It's not a fanboy forum. Totalwar.com is your friend.
    So CA takes all the time and puts in all the work to give you the game, but they don't get any of the credit, the modders (who I do respect a lot) who put in a small amount of effort and give you a couple extra units and modified stats, they are the ones who deserve all the credit for the game...that makes a lot of sense. That's like giving angry birds all the credit for making your iphone it just doesn't work. Your logic and ability to give credit to those who deserve it the most seem to be a little messed up, maybe you cheated on tests a lot as a child but convinced yourself you put in just as much work as the person you cheated off of? haha
    Last edited by lacrossepl9; August 02, 2013 at 09:02 PM.

I've been a fan of the Total War series since 2002 when I was browsing through the games at this PC shop in the mall and stumbled upon Medieval: Total War. A few years later Rome: Total War came out and it completely blew my mind. The time period and the factions involved in it were absolutely fascinating to me (even though many were historically inaccurate). Eventually I got tired of vanilla Rome and stumbled upon a little mod called Europa Barbarorum, which made such an impression on me that I devoted a good couple of years to the study of the Ancient World and I'm now using what I've learned to pursue a career as a professional writer (focusing on historical fiction no less).

What I'm trying to say is that EB, RTW and ultimately Creative Assembly are responsible for shaping me into the man I am today. If I hadn't randomly stumbled upon this series so many years ago, I'd probably be stuck in some 9 to 5 desk job feeling completely miserable (or at McDonald's flipping burgers). Now with Rome 2 roughly a month away, I'm starting to feel that sense of wonder and excitement that I felt all those years ago. It isn't going to be perfect, but honestly what is? Can anyone name a video game, or anything else for that matter, that was 100% perfect and without any flaw whatsoever and didn't disappoint you in any way? I highly doubt it, but if someone has then more power to them. Come September 3rd, I'll be enjoying the sequel to the video game that changed my life.

So CA takes all the time and puts in all the work to give you the game, but they don't get any of the credit, the modders (who I do respect a lot) who put in a small amount of effort and give you a couple extra units and modified stats, they are the ones who deserve all the credit for the game...that makes a lot of sense. That's like giving angry birds all the credit for making your iphone it just doesn't work. Your logic and ability to give credit to those who deserve it the most seem to be a little messed up, maybe you cheated on tests a lot as a child but convinced yourself you put in just as much work as the person you cheated off of? haha
    Yeah, wo ho ho and a bottle of rum. Is ranting incoherently about a bunch of random stuff and trying to make it sound like I said those things supposed to piss me off?? You really need to try harder.

sheesh, the 'pessimists' and 'haters' have a place in the forums too. Forums are for discussion, right? And sharing opinions? I'm going to buy the game, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it a lot, but if nobody can have a different opinion... what's the point of the forum?

Anyway, I have a few problems with it, but I had a few problems with every other Total War game too. I don't like that they removed pre-battle speeches, those were always nice. Overall, I think it'll be a pretty great game.

That said, there's something...'off' about the battles.

Daily's Avatar Flingin' ma mace son
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Revan The Great View Post
    I'm pretty excited for it. Only, I'm leaving for a two week trip on September the 2nd so I'm -really- hoping for a good preload option, otherwise I might not get to play for awhile, despite having a laptop with me.

There are some things that bother me, and particularly I think the AI looks like it'll be a disaster, but then again the Rome 1 AI is a disaster and I still enjoy that game. Hopefully it'll get better with mods and patches.
    I think you need to be online to activate it but that might not be a problem?

I ain't making any decisions about the gameplay or visuals quite yet, though first impressions are really good. Some minor gripes here and there but my main problem is with marketing (DLC etc) I have never liked it and never will. My principles tells me not to preorder just to boycott the Greek factions but I still really want them.
    Proud patron of Confederate Jeb and FalconPilot
    View how Grouchy makes a Hoplon shield!

Civis

Yeah, if you aren't going to buy Rome 2, stay out of the Rome 2 forums. If you don't play any total war games, stay off the total war forums. If you aren't going to play the game, your opinion means literally NOTHING, because you are no longer a customer of CA, and they no longer have to take a look at what you have to say. Harsh yeah, but it's the truth. Non-paying customers don't matter.

Ursus's Avatar Civis

I have pre-odered, the previews look great and I am really looking forward to some quality game time. My work is kind of !@#$% at the moment so some relaxing is in order.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    I have pre-odered, the previews look great and I am really looking forward to some quality game time. My work is kind of !@#$% at the moment so some relaxing is in order.
    Same attitude as me.

Any gaming time I do get is done with a cup of tea or a frosty beer and no worries.