Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome II Praise Thread

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: I confess...I am loving Rome II right now

As said, with mods it is not terrible, it is just bad. And switch from terrible to bad means it got a lot better, hence you like it.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

I liked this game from the start.
    Of course now i always use mods and i am very dissapointed for the actual product. I didn't enjoy so much Empire or Shogun 2.

I agree with most of the people (if not all ) that say that this game sucks and that it still has huge issues.

I guess i like the timeframe.

Also my pc can't hadle it's full potential but i like it.

I hope they will have the decency and try to fix the game we already paid for and long live the people who mod it!

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    and yet its true, same with AMD vs Nvidia and so on.
    which also explains why there is barely any AA. your 300$ pc would roast if it even attempted that.

also you seem to misunderstand the whole issue, my computer is able to run things much better than yours so when I boot up a game and expect proper AA i see crappy jaggy lines.
    you who is used to crap graphics would probably not notice it, not to mention you said you are playing on laptop? so whats your resolution? 800x600?
    On some other forum I have one guy, that states running R2 on ultra on fx-6300 and gf650 (maybe ti), with 50-60 fps.
    Anyway, nowadays laptops are having bit higher native resolution, that 800x600. Plus it's not widescreen aspect ratio.
    I'm running CF, so R2 is no bonus for me, yet now I have pretty performance from my hf6970 and i7 2600, with last patch. Still it doesn't make that game worth launching for me. hd6970 costs around 100€ for reference design. Add to that some used SB i5 (idk if it's possible for 200$/€) and you have decent gaming rig, that can be expanded with small money (second hd6970).

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Jetzu View Post
    Thats wierd, I have a computer that I spent almost 300 dollars to get extreme gaming ready. And I can play the game now on extreme without any lag at all. I can play full stacks without any lag. I can play full stacks with multiple people on the field and no lag. Huge armies though, those give me lag. But usually only when I'm filming zoomed out shots. So If your still experiencing technical problems like these with the game. It is because of your comp. You might need an upgrade bro.
    lol, do you know anything about PCs or are you just being provocative

Games getting better no doubt. It's one really good expansion (and music mod with JVD's music) away from being a really good game.

Mods are practically part of the game, CA was the one which allowed the modding tools, so when I rate the game I include the mods. And with mods, its awesome. People who find it boring, I suggest multiplayer campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontic Pontus View Post
    Mods are practically part of the game, CA was the one which allowed the modding tools, so when I rate the game I include the mods.
    They are very kind allowing people to fix the game they bought, you paid it you fix it sounds reasonable.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Mods are practically part of the game, CA was the one which allowed the modding tools, so when I rate the game I include the mods. And with mods, its awesome. People who find it boring, I suggest multiplayer campaign.
    Yeah...CA was so kind to promise many tools over the years and delivered not a single tool which would allow modding of all aspects of the game.
    Be it RTW, M2TW, Empire, Shougn 2...blablabla...almost all tools and unpackers have been written by programmers who used to be modders too...no whatsoever help from CA...the ever decreasing amount of mods since Empire shows how keen CA is with the modding thingi. The alleged complexity of the enigne is a hoax and an excuse to lock things up and make them inaccessible.
    A simple look at Bethesda and the GECK for Fallout, New Vegas and Skyrim shows how a company is really allowing modding. The Gamebryo and its latest evolution stage, the Creation Engine, is way more sophisticated than the Warscape engine in almost all aspects and still its full accessible. It even allows for additional plugins like the Script Extender which provides a busload of additional functions without touching the .exe. All this modding blabla from CA is little more than a running PR gag
    About your statement that a mod is part of the game. Make's me giggle.
    About your suggestion to play multiplayer cause singleplayer is boring due to non working AI makes me giggle even harder.

Thnx for the laugh pal
    Last edited by chris10; February 09, 2014 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    Yeah...CA was so kind to promise many tools over the years and delivered not a single tool which would allow modding of all aspects of the game.
    Be it RTW, M2TW, Empire, Shougn 2...blablabla...almost all tools and unpackers have been written by programmers who used to be modders too...no whatsoever help from CA...the ever decreasing amount of mods since Empire shows how keen CA is with the modding thingi. The alleged complexity of the enigne is a hoax and an excuse to lock things up and make them inaccessible.
    A simple look at Bethesda and the GECK for Fallout, New Vegas and Skyrim shows how a company is really allowing modding. The Gamebryo and its latest evolution stage, the Creation Engine, is way more sophisticated than the Warscape engine in almost all aspects and still its full accessible. It even allows for additional plugins like the Script Extender which provides a busload of additional functions without touching the .exe. All this modding blabla from CA is little more than a running PR gag
    About your statement that a mod is part of the game. Make's me giggle.
    About your suggestion to play multiplayer cause singleplayer is boring due to non working AI makes me giggle even harder.

Thnx for the laugh pal
    you not heard modding summit announced! I think sometime in the next century...

I suppose at least now we get the steam workshop..

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Will the multiplayer campaign fix this?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Here in my current patch 9 play test campaign using DEI mod etc., you see Syracuse down to its last two territories, Sardinia and Lilybaeum. It has already lost its other two regions, Corsica and Syracuse, because it left them empty.* Notice how it's not defending either of its remaining two territories, but instead has taken its armies out to sea in order to....lose its remaining two regions? Find a new home? Who knows?

Great game, guys.

DEI mod patch 9 Rome on 'hard.'

*But I had to take both of them because AI Carthage, which has been at war with Syracuse forever, ccouldn't managing to land units on the islands and instead routinely suicided by attacking the ports directly from the water with its water armies.
    Last edited by Huberto; February 09, 2014 at 11:49 AM.

Sun Jetzu's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    and yet its true, same with AMD vs Nvidia and so on.
    which also explains why there is barely any AA. your 300$ pc would roast if it even attempted that.

also you seem to misunderstand the whole issue, my computer is able to run things much better than yours so when I boot up a game and expect proper AA i see crappy jaggy lines.
    you who is used to crap graphics would probably not notice it, not to mention you said you are playing on laptop? so whats your resolution? 800x600?
    Thats funny because On other games that do possess AA I can still play the game on the highest settings without my computer roasting.
    Actually I can play all my games. Every single one. All the total wars included on the highest setting possible without this "roasting" you speak of.
    My PC isnt 300 dollars. I bought the pc for about 1100. I said I added 300 dollars into it to make it play all my games on the highest settings.
    I added a video card and a larger power supply. And yes its a PC.
    Here are my specs for my card
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 650Ti

I play rome 2 on ultra settings
    with screen resolution of 1920 at 1080
    All settings on ultra, even have the AA they give you on.
    Last edited by Sun Jetzu; February 09, 2014 at 12:14 PM.
    One Punch Man Series VS My Hero Academia Series - Who's Better?

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    you not heard modding summit announced! I think sometime in the next century...
    I suppose at least now we get the steam workshop..
    Yeah...modding summit...its a PR gag.
    Whats that nonsense about a modding summit to discuss which parts of the game people may like to access and all that stuff ?
    Thats corporate bullcrap talking.
    Bethesda did not needed any modding summit instead people got the GECK and the manual to use it. Nuff said
    Last edited by chris10; February 09, 2014 at 10:00 AM.

Whats that nonsense about a modding summit to discuss which parts of the game people may like to access and all that stuff ?
    Thats corporate bullcrap talking.
    Bethesda did not needed any modding summit instead people got the GECK and the manual to use it. Nuff said
    You just made me gag with your ignorancedouchyness dripping all over your post, surely it is a good thing that CA tries to work with moders and have a little get together for us njerds to talk about the game the future and the potential.
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    You just made me gag with your ignorancedouchyness dripping all over your post, surely it is a good thing that CA tries to work with moders and have a little get together for us njerds to talk about the game the future and the potential.
    Nvmd...you still got a lot to learn,son.

Zephyrus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by poompompom View Post
    They are very kind allowing people to fix the game they bought, you paid it you fix it sounds reasonable.
    Of course, it saves the developers a lot of work and factchecking. I'm still wondering why I spent $60.00 retail price on it pre-patch 9.
    SEMPER FIDELIS Remember Constantinople Κωνσταντινούπολη

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Mods are practically part of the game, CA was the one which allowed the modding tools, so when I rate the game I include the mods...

I think that's a fair point

As mods allow people to customize the game to their own liking the extent of moddability of a game and the strength of its community should be included in how we rank the game

Quote Originally Posted by pyj99 View Post
    I think that's a fair point

As mods allow people to customize the game to their own liking the extent of moddability of a game and the strength of its community should be included in how we rank the game
    Interesting point, so tell us then how TW became constantly better over time...Iam curious.
    Interesting as well the amount of people viewing each forum when I took the image 20 minutes ago...
    nvmd...there you go

Last edited by chris10; February 09, 2014 at 06:20 PM.

Interesting point, so tell us then how TW became constantly better over time...Iam curious

The time the games have been out is a factor that is not being considered. I mean we can see how well Rome II has done in 8-9 years and compare it to this picture here. The moddability of the game is a huge factor of course. Rome II seems to be moving towards modability again since the warscape engine was introduced. It appears as if CA is trying to settle on Rome II for modabillity it is a bigger game and well suited for it so yes, hopes up!
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    The time the games have been out is a factor that is not being considered.
    Older games are most normally in huge disadvantage as people loose interest in favor of newer stuff but number of people browsing each forum in the moment the image was taken give a great insight about whats going on.
    Rome has almost as many people browsing the mods forums as Empire,Napoleon and Shogun 2 together and M2TW outnumbers Rome 2 vastly.
    We all know the why RTW and M2TW have considerably more people interested than all the other TW ever since and that even after 9 retrospectively 8 years. Its just sad and quite telling