• I am happy with Rome 2

55 36.91%
  • I am not happy with Rome 2

94 63.09%
Page 8 of 192 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome II Complaint Thread

Default Re: Official TW: Rome II Complaint Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    Anhd may be it's still PreAlpha? ,some other justifications?
    It was a formation they used when they suspected an attack from a burning hay bale squadron, completely historical.
    Last edited by stevehoos; August 01, 2013 at 08:24 PM.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

I see 10 things wrong with this game.

1. Seleucids nonplayable
    2. I can't play as Seleucids
    3. Seleucids are not able to be played by me
    4. No Seleucids
    5. Seleucids cannot be played
    6. Rome II is missing Seleucids
    7. Seleucids is not a main faction
    8. Seleucids
    9. I want Seleucids
    10. No India or china

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Of Seleucid View Post
    I see 10 things wrong with this game.

1. Seleucids nonplayable
    2. I can't play as Seleucids
    3. Seleucids are not able to be played by me
    4. No Seleucids
    5. Seleucids cannot be played
    6. Rome II is missing Seleucids
    7. Seleucids is not a main faction
    8. Seleucids
    9. I want Seleucids
    10. No India or china
    DLC

I don't want to wait for a DLC that may or may not have seleucids.

I think the Seleucids coming out as a DLC is almost as sure a thing as Rome having Legionnaires. It's such a big faction, and they went out of their way to do an interesting thing by making them have all these vassal states. My guess is that they're planning on doing a really incredibly DLC for them, and are going to start work on it as soon as the game launches. I'd say the Seleucids are easily the most requested faction, they'd be fools not to release a DLC for them.

I don't get why some people are jumping on those who wish to voice concern. Since when is it wrong to care enough about a game to voice concern? I'm sure they recognize the hard work that went into this project, no need to form a cult of personality around this game.

magpie's Avatar Artifex

Okay my complaint,s.
    1TPY.
    Lack of a proper climate and realistic seasons.
    Last edited by Tango12345; August 02, 2013 at 03:32 AM.

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    That seems like another one of those random shield risings. I refuse to believe Testudo can look that horrible.
    Wouldn't get my hopes up. If you look at the command button he clicks to make them do that, it says "attacking testudo".

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    Okay my complaint,s.
    1TPY.
    Lack of a proper climate and realistic seasons.
    My only complaint is the same with you. While I do not want to play 300 game years with multiple turns I would prefer multiple start dates, at least Early, Middle and Late period with 12 turns per year in each 20-30 years time frame campaigns.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; August 02, 2013 at 03:27 AM.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

In order to facilitate reasonable discussion and keep the forums clean, Moderation Staff have decided to open a Total War: Rome II Complaints thread. This thread will work similarly to older Empire: Total War criticism threads (1, 2). Moderation Staff will use its discretion to merge 'complaint threads' with this larger thread. Moderation Staff can and will remove any posts that it deems necessary to prevent disruption, derailment, and other unsuitable behavior. Questions and concerns about should be directed to a Moderator or Administrator, or posted in the Moderation Commentary Thread.

Regards,
    Total War Center Moderation Staff

*original post deleted ~LestaT

edit: ahhhhhh
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; August 02, 2013 at 03:30 AM.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Primicerius

Default Re: Testudo fix

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    Yes it is and this shows pretty clearly that they are attacking , in close interlocked shield formations with side covered as well that is why its called a testudo , the one we see in the video is not even close by a long shot .

Its just the men using the same rise shield animation , they do not interlock shields , they keel parge gaps between them , the front ones are not even covering their heads, not protected at all and the sides are totally open ... Thats not a TESTUDO!

thats is a ... shield rise formation? I dunnno how to call but its not the Iconic Roman Testudo !!!!

that is how is beeing performed on the move by a group of reenactors , all sides covered ...

CA shoudl change it ASap!.
    Are you seriously using part of Trajan's column as an example? Not a very good one considering it is just an artists perspective. Also, Plutarch lived closer to the time frame depicted than Cassius Dio. Plutarch says they didn't cover the sides. So, CA is not wrong in depicting the testudo with the sides not covered. Both testudo types are mentioned in history. Also, the idea of a testudo attacking is quite ridiculous. They never really charged into the enemy with that formation. I could only see them advancing, sometimes with speed, toward the enemy. I do think CA needs to make the men stand closer together so that the shields provide adequate cover.

A month from release and there's an 8-page long official complains thread.

This is the reason why so many people get put off by TWC.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalNobody View Post
    A month from release and there's an 8-page long official complains thread.

This is the reason why so many people get put off by TWC.
    I know. Most of the complaints aren't actual problems with the game but personal preference.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

TOS Reminder and final warning. This is the thread to voice complaints and concerns about Rome II base on publicly available information that we have so far. This is not the thread to questing why this thread is needed.

Any action that disregards a staff moderator's specific request, whether the request is made by a post in the thread, by PM to the user, or by other means such as, but not limited to, forum Announcements.

~LestaT

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

I still hate that the armies in the campaign map turn into a horse when they move.

Tolgon's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by RandyRhoads View Post
    I still hate that the armies in the campaign map turn into a horse when they move.
    This only occurs when armies are in a marching stance. From what I've seen in the prologue videos you can turn off all stances and move normally, as you're used to from previous TW games.

Default Re: Testudo fix

Quote Originally Posted by Dan113112 View Post
    Are you seriously using part of Trajan's column as an example? Not a very good one considering it is just an artists perspective. Also, Plutarch lived closer to the time frame depicted than Cassius Dio. Plutarch says they didn't cover the sides. So, CA is not wrong in depicting the testudo with the sides not covered. Both testudo types are mentioned in history. Also, the idea of a testudo attacking is quite ridiculous. They never really charged into the enemy with that formation. I could only see them advancing, sometimes with speed, toward the enemy. I do think CA needs to make the men stand closer together so that the shields provide adequate cover.
    It shows clearly a well known to the public roman formation .
    Also the Plutarch descriptions doesn't say what you affirm and Cassius Dio describes it just more in particular , in most of the times that well known formation didn't even need a d description to the usual roman reader as it was so much well known . its like describing a plane to a modern day reader , everyone knows how's made . But still the writer can give a more precise description of it .
    The Testudo is called like this because it what represents , it was used to advance not Charging as you wrote neither I ever said that or had been written by anyone here as long as I can understand that messy merging and jump between a post and the other .

The Testudo presumely portrayed by CA is simply totally wrong and not realistic . Its just people rising the shields over their own heads , they do not interlock with each other, they do not protect the flanks , they do not protect the frintal heads , they do not perform a Roman testudo they perform simply a shield rise .
    There is a reason why 100% of the reenactors perform the roman testudo that way beecause its something that is not even under a possible doubting or questioning on how it was performed .

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Default Syracuse? REALLY?

Did anyone notice in the new "Find a Way" trailer, that when they showed the siege of the supposed great city of Syracuse, it was shown as none other than a small, graeco-roman village? Why? At least they could have added some walls. Why are so many settlements on the campaign map misrepresented in Rome 2?

Personally, I have to say I am disappointed. It would have been better to make Sicily its own province (Sicilia) and keep italy split into Italia and Magna Graecia.

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Default Re: Syracuse? REALLY?

Not to flame you down, but this has allready said many times :/

However i find it a shame too.

DogSoldierSPQR's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Syracuse? REALLY?

I'm thinking that for Rome 2 it will start off as a small village and then becomes a city. Obviously non-siegable but still. It will require significant upgrades.
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ere!-(26-10-13)
    If you rep me, leave that beautiful name of yours so I know who you are
    That a salesperson at my door? Where my Gladius at??
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR