Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am happy with Rome 2

55 36.91%
  • I am not happy with Rome 2

94 63.09%

Thread: Rome II Complaint Thread

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Still forcing Steam on us, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Tullius Tiro View Post
    The fact of the matter is that the only people steam haters are hurting are themselves.
    That's a good one. I suppose you pre-order everything too. The brainwashing goes deeeep.

People like you are what are holding back fair games and independence for the common person.

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Whats so good about EE ?

Quote Originally Posted by texoman81 View Post
    my numbers come from math
    60 base game
    15 hannibal
    15 ceasar
    08 greeks
    08 nomads
    08 balkan
    03 beasts
    03 women
    03 blood
    ---------
    123 total
    230 my total, because i bought collectors edition and part of the dlc
    000 further amount i will spend before CA get their act together
    You want to talk about prices? here in Australia the base game was $99, then $120 for deluxe edition with greeks, then $170 for collectors edition.
    Last time i brought shogun 2 collectors edition and felt completely ripped off, Us Australians still get ripped of by steam on every DLC.

Even ing BF4 premium cost me like $150 bucks but at least that turned out a better deal than Rome 2, they at least added content to bf4.
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart11 View Post
    You want to talk about prices? here in Australia the base game was $99, then $120 for deluxe edition with greeks, then $170 for collectors edition.
    Last time i brought shogun 2 collectors edition and felt completely ripped off, Us Australians still get ripped of by steam on every DLC.

Even ing BF4 premium cost me like $150 bucks but at least that turned out a better deal than Rome 2, they at least added content to bf4.
    In future why don't you just go to a 3rd party steam code site? I remember seeing someone getting rome and all the DLCs at that point for like 20 US dollars on a deal. Over here on ebay the base game is £16.

You'll easily be be able to check if they are reputable and legit.

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Default Re: Selection Bug??? !!!NO!!!!

I am so frustrated by a bug relating to unit selection that makes battles almost uncontrollable.
    Every Total War player knows that the way to select more than ONE unit is to drag a square ove mutiple units - then all units the square covers (either entirely or partially) become selected. However, lately I was plagued by the glitch that whenver I drag a square, the units displayed as selected not longer correspond to the coverage of the square but appear completely random!! More often than not units miles away from the square get selected while units most certainly inside the square (aka. the one I actually intend to select) remain unselected. Sometimes I have to repeat the same motion five to six times to finally get the proper result.
    As a consequence I now can only do selection by clicking directly upon a unit, which means to give command unit by unit - imagine you have an army of 40 units!
    I haven't played the game for quite a few month. I couldn't recall such a problem the last time I played. I turned off all my mods and verified the game's integrity, yet even with a perfect vanilla version, this bizarre buzz-killer stays on.
    Does anyone else experience the same thing? Any suggetion what has happened and how to solve it? This affliction is really intolerable - millions of thanks for anyone who care to offer a clue!!

Quote Originally Posted by moralrelativism View Post
    I am so frustrated by a bug relating to unit selection that makes battles almost uncontrollable.
    Every Total War player knows that the way to select more than ONE unit is to drag a square ove mutiple units - then all units the square covers (either entirely or partially) become selected. However, lately I was plagued by the glitch that whenver I drag a square, the units displayed as selected not longer correspond to the coverage of the square but appear completely random!! More often than not units miles away from the square get selected while units most certainly inside the square (aka. the one I actually intend to select) remain unselected. Sometimes I have to repeat the same motion five to six times to finally get the proper result.
    As a consequence I now can only do selection by clicking directly upon a unit, which means to give command unit by unit - imagine you have an army of 40 units!
    I haven't played the game for quite a few month. I couldn't recall such a problem the last time I played. I turned off all my mods and verified the game's integrity, yet even with a perfect vanilla version, this bizarre buzz-killer stays on.
    Does anyone else experience the same thing? Any suggetion what has happened and how to solve it? This affliction is really intolerable - millions of thanks for anyone who care to offer a clue!!
    Use hotkeyed unit groups. I usually only use drag boxes around units during the deployment stage to set up grouped formations.

Default Still finding the game pretty boring

I've really tried to give Rome 2 another chance with the Imperator Augustus update, but I am still finding it generally boring. It's definitely improved since the last time I played it, no doubt about that. However, most of the time I'm not doing anything but waiting for my armies to move across the huge lansdcape to capture empty cities and click end turn. The constant character upgrades I have to choose almost every turn really gets on my nerves and so does the constant building/rebuilding of cities to deal with the food/public order mechanics. I rarely have an encounter with an enemy army in the field and most battles I autoresolve because they wouldn't be very interesting battles to manually control anyway. Does anyone else feel this way too?

Semisalis

Default Re: Still finding the game pretty boring

Feel exactly the same way.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

since empire i do not like the total war games however ı bought all of them.

me too boring and i know the main reason.main reason is the unit variety.many factions shares many same units.each faction should ve unique units of own.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I must admit that there is something wrong with checking yet another little character trait increase every single turn. I think what would be better is to have the game save these little trait increases until you have about 5 or 10 of them (5 or 10 turns later) and then allow the Player to allocate them.

Pretty boring? It is boring. Thx for mods that give a little more flavor but they can do only so mutch and since there are no real tools out yet we have to wait for a more immersive campaign.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

True, patching might have fixed the technical aspects of the game, but it still remains without immersion, without a deeper strategic layer, without interesting mechanics... Never has building an empire been so tedious and downright boring...

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    Use hotkeyed unit groups. I usually only use drag boxes around units during the deployment stage to set up grouped formations.
    But I can't even do proper drag-grouping during the deployment stage due to the problem I explained above. Any idea what could be the cause?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart11 View Post
    COme migrate to Malaysia. Steam now use ringgit. The game now cost MYR 105 = AUD 35.50
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Official TW: Rome II Complaint Thread

so another Total War game announced today. and once again we get a trailer that shows us absolutely nothing about the game. I think it goes without saying that no one should preorder it but i think it should be skipped all together. CA is going to keep going down this road until they have a financial failure. Rome 2 by any other standards was a flop, but thanks to their deceit it was still a financial success. Let's not fall for that again. If they actually loose money on a title they will rethink their strategy and maybe get back to the roots of the total war series. Or at least be more honest with with customers about what they are doing.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default I hate my self when I am right! Rome II will remain unfinished!

I the last couple of months , many of our fellows in this site wondered what would be the next TW game.
    Back then I wrote that CA would create a game based on Rome II , ussing all the work have done for RII to make more profit with less efforts.
    Everything CA needed was already created for Rome II and only few additions would be nesesary. Additions with new skins, few new animations etc.
    That IS NOT the worst part though.... What will follow is what consirns me.
    CA realised that Rome II was a huge failure of it and all efforts to make the game enjoyable cost huge ammount of money....
    So we will have a standalone version of Rome II that will be actually the result of the 15 patches of RII evolution THAT WE PAID for!!!!!!!!!
    I hope that once Iwill be wrong but REMEMBER THIS:
    ROME 2 is officialy abandoned by CA with the excuse of developing the new game.
    So...we paid for a good game, CA tricked us and when it was too close to fix the damn game , CA actually says to us "pay for the actuall fixing under the title of a new TW game"!!!!!!!!
    But ...will the new TW game be a non troubled RII???
    Will it be better??
    NO
    How do I know that???
    Here is my patch 15 observations of Rome II and the needed fixes for the game to reach the same level of Rome I that is a 11 years OLD game!

Why do I think that CA will abandon Rome II?
    Take a realy good look of the new TW game.
    The same rediculus features with unwalled cities, with the limited building slots and many other features will be REPEATED in the new TW game!!!!
    I wonder WHAT IS THE POINT OF BUYING the new TW game WHEN IT will follow the same unfixed mechanism of ROME II that we all got sick of it for a year now?????????
    WHY we must buy the new TW game when RII mods -with the same stupid engine of RII- will be free??????????
    I hate being right...But remember that the expansion is the tomp stone of Rome II game. No matter what CA developers state the last month or better despite of their SILENCE!
    So...WE paid more than 100 euros for a game and its DLCs to find our selves with an UNFINISHED game that CA will silently REFUSE to complete saying the the development of the expansion requires alot of human and material resourses!!!!!!!!

I hope that CA will prove me wrong but I doupt it!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; September 25, 2014 at 01:34 PM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: I hate my self when I am right! Rome II will remain unfinished!

Who the hell pays 100€ for a computer game?

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    Do you meen that you had Rome II and its DLCs for FREE????
    Otherwise- if you bought the game your self- you paid 100 euros for them too!
    Unless you did not buy this game!
    In this case i will think that you in-directly, sugest to us never buy TW game again!!!!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    everyone who bought Rome 2 and all of its dlc did. If you go buy it all right now it costs right at $123 or 97€ (that is the price in american dollars converted i didn't take the time to check actual price in euros for each release). and there is still another year of dlc to come they are only halfway done.
    Atilla was just announced it will be roughly one year away and they said at release for Rome II that they planned to give patches and dlc for it for 2 years.
    oh and you can double that price for the collectors edition.

I said a few months ago that the EE update would be the final update for Rome II. It was clear to see.

The game is shallow and pointless post 50 turns. The game will most likely remain as it is now.

I won't be pre ordering Attila, not by any means. I'll keep my thirty quid thanks.
    This is my original review for Rome II, posted in October 2013.

Rome II: Totally Casual.

Streamlined features, zero diplomacy, no family tree, lack of character progression, magical transports, complete lack of battle, siege and campaign AI, blob style fighting formations, 3minute battles, magical fire burning torches, zero seasons, 1 turn per year, awful performance on high end systems, monotonous and incredibly tedious campaign,

A year later, sadly, not much has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by texoman81 View Post
    everyone who bought Rome 2 and all of its dlc did. If you go buy it all right now it costs right at $123 or 97€ (that is the price in american dollars converted i didn't take the time to check actual price in euros for each release). and there is still another year of dlc to come they are only halfway done.
    Atilla was just announced it will be roughly one year away and they said at release for Rome II that they planned to give patches and dlc for it for 2 years.
    oh and you can double that price for the collectors edition.
    Exactly...1st CA must prove that no matter what , our money were NOT wasted by trusting the company!
    ONLY then we must THINK to buy the next TW game!
    CA must LEARN to RESPECT people's money!