• I am happy with Rome 2

55 36.91%
  • I am not happy with Rome 2

94 63.09%
Page 192 of 192 FirstFirst ... 92142167182183184185186187188189190191192
Results 3,821 to 3,827 of 3827

Thread: Rome II Complaint Thread

Default Re: Rome II Complaint Thread

Even if one doesn-t go away to a cabin, I still prefer to be off/line while playing, because it-s always more secure for the computer. Hell, it isn-t rocket science to implement an off/line encyclopedia. very dissapointed with this garbadge

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    Even if one doesn-t go away to a cabin, I still prefer to be off/line while playing, because it-s always more secure for the computer. Hell, it isn-t rocket science to implement an off/line encyclopedia. very dissapointed with this garbadge
    I just remembered that Shogun 2 had it stored locally, buried in the subfolders. I used to keep a link in Chrome to that file location for perusing without having to actually run the game.

I just went poking around and I think I might have found it:
    file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Total%20War%20Rome%20II/data/encyclopedia/robots.txt.html

It appears there might be about 500MB of documentation, including videos buried in here. Look for a similar link and try to open that URL path with your browser.

Default Re: Desert Kingdoms DLC Pack

Rome needs a big rework like MTW: Kingdoms. the mechanics are bad, some features are awful and the game-play is boring, not to mention the infamous CA diplomacy. This is the favorite era for most TW players. After I read the update details I lost all hope of ever getting a good Roman Republic era game. These small faction updates are just a joke imho they never address the real problems in the game.

I wish they'd stop updating, adding stuff to it after all these years.

Empire could use the work if CA willing to revisit old titles to tweak them. I know it'll upset the years of modding but there's still under the hood stuff that mods can't touch.

Empire bore the brunt of "new engine blues". Now we've had several years of Warscape it may be possible to give Empire a tune up.

Unfortunatly CA's approach recently has been making Hard-coded changes that break mods, not fix old problems modders and players have ben asking for a long time. Rushing out tweaks that cause even more problems than fixing or adding to base game. I wish they would move on and leave Rome 2 alone now...

Sparta's performance in battle is simply underwhelming. Hoplites trained for war from infancy, which historically proved they outmatch cavarly and infantry alike, lose 1 v 1 against infantry in the game.
    I'm talking specifically about a test battle I did - Royal Spartans vs Noble Swords.

Tbh I don't recall ever before having trouble with Spartan units, they always delivered the best, always outmatched opponents 1v1. Back 2 years ago, when I started playing this game and in Rome (1). To get (from what I presume, I haven't played the game in a while) nerfing updates for units which should be the best units in the game, which can only be accessed through a DLC which had to be paid for is actually kind of insulting.

R2TW is a game I really want to like but I just can't.

It has great features compared to the previous instalment.

-you can pick the type of unit for your general
    -huge variety of troops
    -great auxiliary system for the Roman faction
    -larger map

and... the gameplay is just dead boring. It's too easy and too fast. Most campaigns stop being a challenge after turn 20.