View Poll Results: Are you happy with Rome 2

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am happy with Rome 2

55 36.91%
  • I am not happy with Rome 2

94 63.09%
Page 82 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3257727374757677787980818283848586878889909192107132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 3827

Thread: Rome II Complaint Thread

kieran12's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Move over Spore, move over SimCity; we have a new contender for the Worst Ever Release Ever award!

Rome 2 is awful. Do you have to have an outstanding computer to handle the visuals or something? Why the hell is the game lagging so badly on the lowest settings? I was well able to run Napoleon and Shogun on Ultra. The Rome 2 campaign battle maps are very similar to the Shogun 2 maps. So why is there such a radical difference in performance between both games?The Rome 2 graphics (least for me) look awfully patchy (the grass is sparse and trees look leafless and the surrounding terrain to me looks bare. I had a battle with me fielding 900 men and the AI fielding 800 and it lagged. Before i go on- the units look awful (the character colors look dull and lifeless) faces also look unfinished. My point is though less than 2000 men, the battle lags like crazy, yet i could field over 10,000 units or more with Napoleon and Shogun. I have hard time understanding why Rome 2 is so unplayable?When armies engage each other it just looks terrible. You can barely can make out units in the frenzy.

Default Re: Move over Spore, move over SimCity; we have a new contender for the Worst Ever Release Ever award!

ok empire was a mess at launch and shogun2 was missing aa.

but looking at this release i cant see the potential (well not yet anyways) and how much mods/patches are going to be able to rescue it. i hope so.

the main thing i have got from the prologue is it's pretty ugly in my opinion on high/ultra. even with empire although there were other big issues i at least liked the overall look of the game...am just not seeing it atm.

the disappearing zombie faces are back or you cant see them? wtf is this shite?

This is why I never purchase a TW game (and really most games at that) at launch. Wait some 3-6 months for patches and mainly mods (In regards to TW) to fix what the actual producers could not. Not to mention a price drop. Seriously though, has nobody learned this? I am surprised, being as this has been the "norm" with the TW series since Rome I and yet every new release people act like it's an outrage.....are you not accustomed to this? Especially being a fan of the TW series you should be expecting this by now.

Ok seriously people (the ones that are having problems) have you updated your drivers? Have done the stuff that CA told you to do for a quick fix? I did both and I found that I could play on pretty high settings with my almost three year old laptop and no it isnt an amazing laptop. Stop being like a bunch of whiny high schoolers calling this the worse game. It comes nowhere even near simcity in terms of launch ups. At least I can play this game unlike simcity which I wasnt able to play till a week later. You dont like return and stop . Since when did this forum turn into my old high school?

Default Re: Official TW: Rome II Complaint Thread

I can relate with the OP. Although it's a wall of text, I've got the exact same issues. Units move like marathon sprinters in the battle. The Battle AI is horrible, it just doesn't micromanage. It follows a cav unit with it's entire army. And the graphics? Huge dissapointment! I'm playing on max settings, and it looks like this game was made 5 years ago. Where are the insanely good looking units I saw in the trailers, screenshots and other footage? Probably all pre-rendered hoax. The battles are over in minutes, just like others said. Units don't keep formation well, even when put in hoplite phalanx mode.
    The special ammunition types make no sense, especially for mounted units.

The campaign AI is a hit and miss. Some factions stand around getting conquered, while others absorb them within a few turns. The AI hates your guts mostly, and even more so when you've got one of those faction/family specific penalties. They just won't accept trade, even when they are friendly. Building trees make no sense, and are hard to get used to (simplistic like in NTW or MTW II would've been better). It's hard to keep order in cities and the only remedy is either wasting a fulls stack as a garrison or building something which takes many turns.

Someone posted a thread once, asking whether Rome II was rushed. I think he's right, even though I thought he was a whiner back then. This game is just a big money grab atm. I hope the patch fixes all these issues, and more, because this isn't everything that is wrong atm.

And I don't know if any of you notice but siege towers move magickly when people are in it and ballistas and big onagers reload without animations to put the stone in it, this is really half done worked !!!!

Lads Medieval II had broken launch invasions and a few other bits but it was a sound game with good balance and feel and it stood up to the test of time and we still admire its slow wavy line combat.Shogun II was again vastly more polished and apart from again another invasion bug missing DX 11 and MSAA the game was pretty damm amazing.I linked everyone here three E3 videos of the tuetoburg trailer, the shogun alpha night battle and the medieval II e3 trailer.If people cannot see the frame skipping, the jerky animations and generally bad feel of the game then you are beyond saving.

I look on youtube at R2 and i was to be sick in a bucket.This is from the same engine as Shogun II? No way if you told me this was called road to rome by some indie studio i would actually not question it.It looks like it was outsourced at the last minute just like colonial marines.And the graphics were scrapped or altered as well from the pre release trailers which again happened with colonial marines.Sega and CA might of been hacked for all we know but its clear that something went badly badly wrong somewhere.
    3570K 4700mhz cooled with Corsair H80 // Asus Z77 // MSI GTX 580
    16GB 2400mhz DDR3 // Crucial M4 256GB Raid 0 // Dell 2007WFP

King_Porus's Avatar Senator

Lads Medieval II had broken launch invasions and a few other bits but it was a sound game with good balance and feel and it stood up to the test of time and we still admire its slow wavy line combat.
    At release Medieval 2 was awful. I couldn't play it and I frankly didn't even want to give it a second chance. I vowed to get my money back and I remember starting threads on this very forum on an old, forgotten account. Then the patches came and I gave the game a second chance, and it was great. Then the mods came and turned a great game into an amazing game. I felt pretty stupid about complaining so much and being so impatient. I did the same thing at the release of Empire and I felt like an idiot again once patches and mods fixed the game.Well now I'm not going to feel like an idiot again. I'm going to be patient and not condemn this game in it's early days like I did with Empire and Medieval 2. Maybe I'm right or maybe I'm wrong, but I can see a trend here and I'm thinking the same will happen with Rome 2.Patches are incoming and multiple seasons mod is being made by spartan_warrior already. Patience, young Padawan
    Last edited by King_Porus; September 04, 2013 at 04:11 PM.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Porus there is an almost indescribable difference between performance issues and issues regarding game design decisions. The former can be fixed, the latter likely can't.As for the performance issues it's just very, very unprofessional of CA, but surely not one they can't fix. In fact it even seems to be norm nowadays with AAA title releases for some unexplainable reason (Companies obviously doesn't learn from each other).

It doesn't matter how good the game is modded, or after many many patches. CA promised people the best and most polished Total War Game yet.

They released a full price alpha full of obvious graphical bugs that couldn't possibly have gone unnoticed in quality assurance testing, AI just as thick as the past games (despite advertising better AI as a focus) and dreadful optimisation. Apparently one of the few working as advertised features is the historical battles, which explains why the previews focused on the Battle of Carthage and the Teutoburger Forest ambush, makes sense since the AI can be custom scripted for the scenario. The speed at which they went into damage control mode makes me sure that they knew about these issues and launched anyway.

See if you get the players to do your beta testing you can get them to do it for you and pay for the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Porus View Post
    If you honestly think this game release was the worst of any Total War release, you obviously haven't been playing Total War for very long. Both Empire and Medieval 2 were basically unplayable on release, so this was actually a pretty good release for CA's standards...
    Sorry but ETW is still unplayable,they could not fix it...

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Remember, graphical and performance issues can be fixed. But broken gameplay that comes from roots up cannot be fixed. Rome II is broken from roots in many places, like that latest Simcity. It cannot be fixed without completely altering the game and over 30 GBs of patches.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

mav61's Avatar Civis

My main complaint is under the hood everytime i boot it up i really don't know what i'm going to get performance wise...basically some times i can get a flawless performance out of it then get a crash, other times it runs like utter rubbish but doesn't crash...Rome2 is a unpredictable beast i have no complaints about the game play there are bugs like units sticking to yur pointer and other times its hard to click on a unit.
    One of the biggest issues i have is with the campaign map it needs optimizing big time it is way too laggy and sluggish and this is where a lot of the trouble stems from...one thing CA need to do first up is fix that will make the game a lot more enjoyable..

Delete please TWC bug! sorry!

BR AN.
    Last edited by KERA_AK; September 04, 2013 at 05:38 PM.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

" A faint breeze drifts in the air,
    Cautioning members with words of care.

"Cease this pointless toil and clammer,
    Lest you face the mighty Banhammer!"

And with that the breeze is gone,
    And all members let bygones be bygones."

My new FAN! =^.^=

What we all can change and it as happend once in the TW series by 1000 of propotions that was the day of

the release of Total War Empire. The masses around the world gathered and seriosly demanded there money

back, there was not a singel day for months since Empire relase day where there official forum or anyway

flored with complaines all over the net around the world.

Customers/Fans shouted and trumbled CAīs Office by 1000 upoon 1000 angry customers/fans... And by many months

from now CA traid there best to fix there un playable game by amount of gigs to download.

With that said and modders changed the game style speciely Darthmod and all heīs friends whom are in the

credic section to create it, and many other mod projects of Empire. The game survived.

If it wasnt for modders, Total War series wouldnt been bought up so easly and much around the world, they

wouldnt havd survived, that my own statment and opinion, i believe many would agree with me on this.

It feels CA isnt listing to the fans nor the modders in whole, as for 10 years not much have changed, they

continue do as they like, ofc itīs there vision/dreams and game concept. Then why are so many complaining

about it every singel time a new Total War game getting released?

1. Speaking of AI and AI wierd bug behaviors...

2. The UI and many other wierd changes drawing away from the old easy to grasp and understand and to get

into.

3. A higher majority of bugs in every section here and there, ofc all games have bugs, but wish once can we

stand with and live with? PPL expect a well polished game on the release day ONE toons of patcher afterwards,

because SEGA say it needs to be sent out?

4. And once again as for the last older Tota War games, the majority of ppl/fans whom playing it, the battles

ends to fast betwin 1 vs 1 in units or a bigger battle ends in about 5min. Did we ppl asked for a

clickfest!!! like StarCraft 2?

5. Why create an historical game and place the ballance into an arcade feelings, when modders are working so

hard to create and give us an historical battle feelings that last from 15min to 45min 1 battle, and really

feeling incredible EPIC about it every singel time? And CA dont deliver this to us? Why?

6. I dont like to compare for exempel Shogun 2 graphic and such with Rome 2, but how on earth can Shogun 2

look so much better then Rome 2, Am i missing something out or am i color blind? No offense all!

7. Why does it takes around 5min to wait till the next turn, Did CA really did a quality testing before they

came up that it was really working for a day release?

8. And last but not least Customers around the world do demand there money back due to that there high end PC

cant run Rome 2 at all, or halv of it? What went wrong there, ofc it can be dozen of things, own foult, bad

drivers, or as most of us think, CA didnt polished it well betwin the codes, memory leaks and the SLI does

not function yet as itīs said if not perhaps other hardware options is not working as well?

Sorry for a long post and for my bad grama, English is not my native languges.

BR AN.
    Last edited by KERA_AK; September 04, 2013 at 05:36 PM.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

" A faint breeze drifts in the air,
    Cautioning members with words of care.

"Cease this pointless toil and clammer,
    Lest you face the mighty Banhammer!"

And with that the breeze is gone,
    And all members let bygones be bygones."

My new FAN! =^.^=

Icon4 Rome 2 Issues - Attn CA

I'm using this thread to consolidate the main issues that people are reporting and also based on my own experience with the game so far. This way CA doesn't have to wade through threads of complaints. Lets focus on the big problems and get them to fix it. I'll keep updating this, and feel free to post issues you run into.

1. Graphics / Performance - Performance is bad for most people, even with high end rigs. I have a top-end rig, and the game is sluggish most of the time. Graphically the game looks poor. Even on max settings it's jaggy and blurry looking with low-res textures. There's weird graphical issues as well (links at the bottom).

2. Battles - Battles are way too fast - from unit speed to the engagements themselves. Units break way too quickly and die too fast. Units run at a Usain Bolt-like speed across the map. There's barely enough time to employ any kind of tactics because units have either broken and battle lines become non-existant. There is too much emphasis on arcadey buffs, and not enough emphasis on real-life tactics and maneuvers. Focus on real-life tactics. Emphasize the importance of lines and not exposing your flanks!

3. A.I. - In battles: AI still can't hold formations. As soon as you engage, enemy units will charge toward the nearest unit and lose any semblance of a line.

Random path-finding issues.

AI doesn't use Phalanx formations

Phalanx attacks are bugged

In siege battles: Not manning walls, even when it's beneficial to them.

Path-finding issues. (ex. running in and out of the gates / charging towards the player and retreating constantly)

In Naval battles: Boarding option is unresponsive / buggy -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdpIENG0Y2k

In Diplomacy: Doesn't accept trade agreements or other offers that would benefit their faction (playing on hard - but they still shouldn't go against their own interest no matter what).

On the Campaign Map: AI leaving their province / territory unguarded properly with an enemy presence (including their capital city. ex. playing as Rome I declared war / invaded Venetti territory, they had a huge stack guarding their capital city with reinforcements, and for no apparent reason ran off and left it for the taking).

Issues with army composition. AI sending around small stacks and attacking cities with no hope of winning.

Long wait on End-Turn

3. Capture points - On field battles they are unnecessary and take away any tactics from the battles, such as using the terrain to your advantage. In the following video the AI neglects setting up a proper or attack or defense and runs (suicides) straight through the enemy army in order to reach the capture point. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdpIENG0Y2k

4. U.I - The army / unit interface in battles is way too big. With a 40 unit army it takes up half the screen. Decrease the size or at least let the player adjust the size.

Bugs / Glitches
    - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?617966-List-all-the-Bugs-Glitches-missing-features-you-have-found&highlight=

More Bugs / General issues - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...atch-Wish-List
    Last edited by josak; September 05, 2013 at 10:26 PM.

Default Re: Rome 2 Issues - Attn CA

I agree. Those 3 areas are the most problematic at the moment and need IMMEDIATE attention... Especially the AI and optimization.

I'ts funny how that, so far, everything CA said they improved has actually gotten worse. Performance is worse, after "optimization". The graphics are worse, after "improvements". They had a larger team on AI, but it acts more stupidly than I've ever seen. I'm not sure, but I think I remember CA saying that units were slower (?). Don't quote me on that. This is the reason why there's now so much negative hype, because everything CA said was going to be improved isn't, and it's broken.

Wittman's Avatar Biarchus

1st problem must be solved fast!the game is unplayable at the moment for many people
    Please check your PM folder-Garb.