149. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am happy with Rome 2

55 36.91%
  • I am not happy with Rome 2

94 63.09%
Page 5 of 192 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome II Complaint Thread

Default Re: The ships are too fast, should be toned down

shogun 2 naval fights were too slow... rome should be at least 5 times faster.

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Testudo fix

Quote Originally Posted by Revan The Great View Post
    Okay, I think I understand you a little better now. Though primarily useful in sieges, I don't see why it can't be used in the field. Whether it's advancing or not is a little bit of a moot point, you either are in the formation, or you aren't.

I don't see why side shields would be impossible. The guys on the left side of the formation huddle really close to the second most outer line, and hold their shields normally, or a little higher. The guys on the right side of the formation do the same, except perhaps they'd hold their shield with their right arm instead of the left, then switch it back when needed.
    Yes, that it the logical way it would be done, but there's no source actually describing it happening like this, and testudo formations aren't used in battles as far as I've read outside of siege scenarios. When it comes to battlefield scenarios, it seems that every single time what was used was a static testudo.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Yes, that it the logical way it would be done, but there's no source actually describing it happening like this, and testudo formations aren't used in battles as far as I've read outside of siege scenarios. When it comes to battlefield scenarios, it seems that every single time what was used was a static testudo.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=X-E5J6LNUBU
    The Siege of Jotapata

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cruise HAWK View Post
    Right, reenactors do the formation in this way, even though there's no source which I know of which describes it like this.

I don't get why you're fixated on static vs mobile testudo. Prometheus wants soldiers in testudo to put their shields on the sides of the formation, it seems to be of little consequence if the testudo is moving or not.

Unless you're arguing that there are two testudo formations in the game - one mobile, one immobile, and one of these has shields covering the flanks and the other does not, but that doesn't seem like what you're saying.

So, just watch the LionHead's vid as provided, I do agree , the transport ships are like rockets on drugs or something, was that even a sail ship or a rocket ship? I expect this kind of speed on SPORE, not a Total War game. Maybe half of that speed & I'll be fine with that.

Prom, if you don't like it, dont buy it, and the so called flaws that you flail at us are your opinion's not facts ? I think everything is great now as it should be, and indeed they have fixed alot of stuff for us, so please sit down sir !

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Revan The Great View Post
    I don't get why you're fixated on static vs mobile testudo. Prometheus wants soldiers in testudo to put their shields on the sides of the formation, it seems to be of little consequence if the testudo is moving or not.

Unless you're arguing that there are two testudo formations in the game - one mobile, one immobile, and one of these has shields covering the flanks and the other does not, but that doesn't seem like what you're saying.
    Because while we know how a static testudo worked, we don't know how a mobile one worked. We can assume, but that doesn't mean anything, and it still leaves us with the fact that testudo on the move was used in siege warfare to reach walls, not to fight other enemies on the battlefield.

From the screenshot that was posted which said "attacking testudo" in one of the formation options, I'm fairly certain it means that there will also be a "defending testudo" which will be the authentic one we know about. That's why I'm interested in seeing how they'll depict the attacking testudo.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow2daknee View Post
    The first time a agree with prom

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This is a pretty bad formation of you ask me, the units already raise their shields infront of them when under arrow fire, all this does is make them slower and more vulnerable. This is a pretty old screen though, so maybe they fixed it?
    This has probably been asked before, but why the mix between oval and rectangular shields (and why are they so different in terms of thickness)?

As for the other testudo image, I notice those are hastati. Were they typically trained to assume testudo? And yes, that's a bad testudo -- the flanks are exposed, and so are the heads of the entire first rank. They managed a proper testudo in Rome 1, so it should be possible this time around as well.

Default Re: Official TW: Rome II Complaint Thread

My main pet peeve is that heir is to much complaining XD, I myself would rather see semi fast ships and faster than normal infantry men because I always have a limited time contraint on my gameplay, and I have to work my ass off for 3-5 an hour for my father and I would VERY MUCH appreciate it, if I could enjoy as much of the game as I can in a single day, whereas I would get alot less accomplished if I were staring at a large Hellenistic ship going 10 knots and then the rowers have to take ten...

There were tetsudo in the trailers too? I don't see any of it.

But yeah, without 1 would be rather lame & feels like it's not so "Total War". Come on, Tetsudo was so OP when it comes to shielding the soldiers from arrows. Who'll use the tetsudo & order them to attack? It's useful for siege battles or walking through hails of arrows & that's about it. I don't get it why so many people complains about it's just cosmetic or impractical, it's only practicality is to shield your legionares from hails of arrows, it's crappy in close combat & from cavalry attacks. It's pretty balanced, considering you can't run while in the formation as well, but you're near immune to arrows. I can still see the gameplay use though. Protecting themselves from arrows uphill or sieges, that's all the uses I've got for them on my RTW runs, so I think it's still be the only & ONLY use on this game as well.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The thing is, they are faster than cars. If not faster than steamships, they are without doubt faster than the Sloops, Brigs, Indiamen, Race-built Galleon and other fast ships in Empire/Napoleon.

Wait, did my thread get merged?
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Merged Complaint threads.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    shogun 2 naval fights were too slow... rome should be at least 5 times faster.
    Yeah those small wood box's. boring and made me have a weak navy. I hope rome 2 change that

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Can't believe that there are people on earth that consider Shogun II's fight to be slow.

Used to the arcade, aren't you people?

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

In order to facilitate reasonable discussion and keep the forums clean, Moderation Staff have decided to open a Total War: Rome II Complaints thread. This thread will work similarly to older Empire: Total War criticism threads (1, 2). Moderation Staff will use its discretion to merge 'complaint threads' with this larger thread. Moderation Staff can and will remove any posts that it deems necessary to prevent disruption, derailment, and other unsuitable behavior. Questions and concerns about should be directed to a Moderator or Administrator, or posted in the Moderation Commentary Thread.

Regards,
    Total War Center Moderation Staff

*original post deleted ~LestaT
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; August 02, 2013 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Comments about moderation

I won't complain about anything if modding functions will be granted like in Rome: Total War. Give the "hardcore", non-casual players the possibility to transform an highly ahistorical game (yes, it seemed and still seems so today) into what they really want, and into what WE really want, and you make the big money . If you have played Europa Barbarorum mod, you know what i mean, the vanilla, official version of RTW is a baby's joke compared to it. Lorica Segmentata armour from the start, stupid, all-the same looking barbarians, mummy egyptians (i never played with them in vanilla games, they were just ridicolous), cavalry/elephants charges that threw soldiers meters away/in the air, centuries before-like-oplites/spartans...oh, cmon!

CA!...Give me back my numbers!!!!!!

In order to facilitate reasonable discussion and keep the forums clean, Moderation Staff have decided to open a Total War: Rome II Complaints thread. This thread will work similarly to older Empire: Total War criticism threads (1, 2). Moderation Staff will use its discretion to merge 'complaint threads' with this larger thread. Moderation Staff can and will remove any posts that it deems necessary to prevent disruption, derailment, and other unsuitable behavior. Questions and concerns about should be directed to a Moderator or Administrator, or posted in the Moderation Commentary Thread.

Regards,

Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; August 02, 2013 at 02:18 AM.

Regards,

Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; August 02, 2013 at 02:19 AM.