Thread: Re-Release ChivTW 1.051 Exe-Installer Version

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Icon2 Re-Release ChivTW 1.051 Exe-Installer Version

Hello guys,

i just was digging out one original full installer version for ChivTW 1.051, which was done back in the days (found all that old modding stuff on a reactivated Win XP pc, i've put this exe installer ChivTW file now onto my fast external harddisk, waiting for an upload via my current quickest pc).

So for everybody who still wants to install/play ChivTW in a more comfortable way, i intend to upload that installer version (ChivTW_1.051.exe file, 495 MB).
    It should be afterwards pretty easy for everybody to update to ChivTW 1.07 with the 1.07 patch zip file (still available in the main thread, via TWC Downloads).

Issue is, that all recent tried servers are not consistent in keeping mod files, so give me some suggestions which free servers work good, reliable and comfortable for the up-/ and downloaders* (in every land, if possible), i'll then upload it one time to the server which is suggested as best option, probably coming friday evening or saturday daytime (middle european time).

*server which requires no registration/login, no time-limitation and such crap.

EDIT

Check post # 9 and/or # 10.

Edit: Also see post #19.
    Last edited by DaVinci; December 28, 2023 at 10:48 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Re-Release ChivTW 1.051 Exe-Installer Version (Planned)

Maybe depositfiles or rapidshare ?
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Patrician Artifex

Rapidshare is crap imo., depositfiles ...don't know, could be i used it already, most don't take more than 150 MB or so, or have other issues.

I found now megashares.com (obviously a known server located in the US, didn't know it as of yet), uploading currently, it's slow, but seems to have no other crappy properties.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

ModDB is definately the best.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    ModDB is definately the best.
    That's right, but it takes some time until files are given free, and if the dl isn't used by registed users or better said if you are not logged on there, it links (nowadays) to gamefront ... .
    Maybe i take time to upload it addtionally to ModDB, tomorrow or saturday.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Thanks for your effort DaVinci,it is very apreciated

Patrician Artifex

I'm always impressed seeing how much TW players still use RTW and BI as platform.

As for some players using Steam even for these old games (and having issues with installing mods), i can only recommend to buy hardcopies (and removing the local installment from Steam for these old games), since they are really that cheap now. Edit: Just saw that RTW/BI hardcopies aren't that cheap, but for example here is a cheap Steam-less download 'Rome Collection' (RTW, BI, Alex), 9.95 €.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 01, 2013 at 08:09 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Upload to megashares.com failed when upload got to 100%, no idea why, server as well.

Will take ModDB.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 01, 2013 at 04:56 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Re-Release ChivTW 1.051 Exe-Installer Version

ChivTW 1.051.exe is uploaded to ModDB.

The mod file awaits authorisation by the server administration. Check out the official download section for availability.
    Last edited by DaVinci; August 01, 2013 at 08:15 PM.

Patrician Artifex

ModDB download is working now.

Great ! Perhaps you could upload the RS2 Environments add-on by Granto too ? The link seems to be dead, and it's a nice addition to ChivTW .

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Patrician Artifex

I don't have that Environment Add-on mod.
    Such an upload must be done by another one.
    It might make most sense to upload it to TWC Downloads (as i guess it's not that big, and advantage is, TWC server holds up normally all uploads without time-limitation).

Hurrah! Couldn't play Chivalry TW for a while (Reinstalled RTW and accidentally deleted ChivTW installer) Looking forward to my favorite mod again!
    炸鸡

Patrician Artifex

You are welcome.
    We old RTW modders appreciate it, if RTW mods are still enjoyed by the community.

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Just installing the mod again myself, as well! Definitely my favorite RTW mod.

This is my first tw mod , I played 4 years a go when I first joined the forum , I got some nostalgic thinking these last days ...

It seems I just have to play it until my eyes burst .

BagaturSasha's Avatar Invictus
    Artifex

Blog Entries

Hello friends!

Uploaded this mod to my Google.Drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1chl...cHagJi8cw/view - link is here

Archive consist of these files.

Main content:
    - 1.051 installer
    - 1.057 patch

Additional content:
    - RS2 Environments
    - Kardinal`s Unofficial patch (for strat models)

Great thanks for creators of this great mod and for Mr DaVinci!

Leader of the "Creative flame" studio.
    Author of the book "Legends of Moon Landscape"
    also author of the books "Fly", "Volcanorium" and other works too. Mostly specialized on fantasy.

https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...r:BagaturSasha
    My Wiki page
    --

Thanks for upload

Patrician Artifex

Hello, to everyone who is still watching this old ChivTW forum, some official notes:

# @BagaturSasha, iirc. you contacted me about the upload above at the according time, everything is alright with this. One but: A "1.057 patch" never existed. It's called 1.07 patch, a minor thing, but please correct this whenever you see this here.
    Another note: "Kardinal`s Unofficial patch (for strat models)" is unknown to me. Iirc. there wasn't a bug in the original ChivTW with strat models, at least not under the original installation conditons (I think, such a possible bug would have been fixed ages ago). However, if there was/is indeed such a bug, then our thanks!

# At ModDB, i saw some "updates" for ChivTW. Note, every uploaded file there, that is not also listed in this forum here, is not official nor provided by the Chivalry Total War team. It's fan-made stuff completely unknown to me and/or team members. This concerns mod files released after the year 2016, i think, while the actual last release dates were already 2013. And would also concern any such mod files on other possible servers, of course.

# In relation to the aforementioned: Sub-modding of Chivalry Total War is regulated by rules, that i made up years ago. They are in the according sub-forum here. Obviously there are some ChivTW files released, without considering those rules. But because those exist for a long time, i won't go after them, lol.

# Chivalry Total War has been "handed over" to Drtad (aka GudeaTW on other platforms) in the form of porting the original mod to Rome Total War Remastered, quite some time ago. His project is independent of the original mod. I once gave him the free pass. And it's organised at Discord in a separate channel.

Important:

- Wording like "Chivalry Total War" and this without mentioning "Remastered" when just 'Chivalry TW Remastered' is the underlying mod, is forbidden.

- Publishing the old original Chivalry Total War logo anywhere, without using it as ChivTW submod content in the according subforum, is forbidden as well. Except, somebody is publishing content of the original ChivTW mod.

- When somebody publishes ChivTW content outside of this hosted forum, then we expect a post with a link.
    Last edited by DaVinci; December 28, 2023 at 10:46 PM.