Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Imjin mod (Korea campaign)

Default Re: Imjin mod (Korea campaign)

I think i could help your research!
    i can help korean unit.

could you show me a current roster and progress of making unit?

Here's the current roster.Regarding the units I've tried to make the unarmoured infantry and the monks, though I haven't finished them yet. I've been focusing mainly on the map.

Cavalry

Korea Bodyguard: brigandine or lamellar + sword
    Korean light cavalry - unamoured or light armoured+ bow + sword
    Korean Lancers - brigandine or lamellar + spear
    Korean Flail Cavalry - brigandine or lamellar + flail
    Korean sword Cavalry-brigandine or lamellar+sword

Infantry
    Korean Levy(正軍) - unarmoured or gambeson or paper armour + spear
    Korean archer militiar(保人) - unarmoured or gambeson or paper armour + sword and bow

Korean Slingers(石戰兵) - unarmoured or paper armour + rock
    Korean Guerillas(義兵) - paper armour or lamellar armour + bow + sword (like Hattori bandits)

korean kabsa(甲士)-lamellar or brigandine+bow+sword
    korean tiger hunter(捉虎甲士)-lamellar or brigandine(put around tiger leather)+two swords
    korean elite combat infantry (殺手)-lamellar or brigandine+spear(or pudao, sword)
    korean elite archer(射手)-paper armour or light lamellar armour+bow+sword
    korean musketter(砲手)-paper armour+musket+sword

Korean Firebombers - unarmoured + firebomb + sword
    Korean Handgonnes - unarmoured + Hand cannon + sword

Monks
    Warrior Monk Spears - monk + spear
    Warrior Monk Archers - monk + bow + sword
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

OhneWollt's Avatar Civis

will be this mod finished anytime soon? like in a year or a half

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Here's the current roster.Regarding the units I've tried to make the unarmoured infantry and the monks, though I haven't finished them yet. I've been focusing mainly on the map.

Cavalry

Korea Bodyguard: brigandine or lamellar + sword
    Korean light cavalry - unamoured or light armoured+ bow + sword
    Korean Lancers - brigandine or lamellar + spear
    Korean Flail Cavalry - brigandine or lamellar + flail
    Korean sword Cavalry-brigandine or lamellar+sword

Infantry
    Korean Levy(正軍) - unarmoured or gambeson or paper armour + spear
    Korean archer militiar(保人) - unarmoured or gambeson or paper armour + sword and bow

Korean Slingers(石戰兵) - unarmoured or paper armour + rock
    Korean Guerillas(義兵) - paper armour or lamellar armour + bow + sword (like Hattori bandits)

korean kabsa(甲士)-lamellar or brigandine+bow+sword
    korean tiger hunter(捉虎甲士)-lamellar or brigandine(put around tiger leather)+two swords
    korean elite combat infantry (殺手)-lamellar or brigandine+spear(or pudao, sword)
    korean elite archer(射手)-paper armour or light lamellar armour+bow+sword
    korean musketter(砲手)-paper armour+musket+sword

Korean Firebombers - unarmoured + firebomb + sword
    Korean Handgonnes - unarmoured + Hand cannon + sword

Monks
    Warrior Monk Spears - monk + spear
    Warrior Monk Archers - monk + bow + sword

I can help with any units however I do not have materials (like, korean faces or clothing for example) If you have them and you can send them to me via email I can finish any units you require to save you some time.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    It's best to be presented as uniting Japan first, then invade Korea.
    Could the Koreans invade Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by OhneWollt View Post
    will be this mod finished anytime soon? like in a year or a half
    Since the map is almost done the only things left are the units and new buildings. So it should be finished sometime next year (unless someone else makes the armoured Korean units).

Quote Originally Posted by prayingmantis View Post
    I can help with any units however I do not have materials (like, korean faces or clothing for example) If you have them and you can send them to me via email I can finish any units you require to save you some time.
    The only materials I have are the vanilla units from Shogun 2. Can you combine the various parts of units together, as that would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Useless Member View Post
    Could the Koreans invade Japan?
    The have a peaceful AI so they're unlikely to invade. Also what would they be able to recruit if they invaded?

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    The have a peaceful AI so they're unlikely to invade. Also what would they be able to recruit if they invaded?
    maybe only low-level ashigaru and bandits or just the peasant-/levy-level korean units? and maaybe some basic monks from the higher level buildings in regions with the holy site speciality?

it would be kinda cool (especially if they'll be playable) to have them able recruit their best units only from their homelands since they start with a massive number of regions (and thus an enormous economic potential from the get go)
    "Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living."

Hi uanime5,

i am the one that made the German-Compatibility-textfile for your Expanded Japan-Mod on steam,if you remember.i watched this thread since you wrote the link on steam.
    this Imjin-War-project is very interesting for me,so i would love to help !!!
    i could try to make the armoured Korean Units,i am familiar in how to create new units in the Tweak-Dave tables,how to use the Unit Editor,the variantmodels,and edit textures of the unit parts.
    currently i try to import my own Models into the game.i was able to do this successfully for a helmet,mask,a edited Vanilla-Helmet,and a Katana-Model ( but for the Katana i dont know how to use my own textures by now ).currently i try hard to import my Armor-Cuirass into the game too,but there are problems i have to solve,and currently i concentrate on to find a Solution for this.
    so i am busy right now,but nonetheless i would love to help.so if you are interesting in and the Units must not be done in the next days,then i could help you.......

and i told you on steam,that i want to make a korean Turtle Ship,and i want this very much,so if it is interesting..........

Regards

Update: I've finished the map; so all the roads, rivers, borders, mountains, and settlements are done. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get TWS2 to accept the Cheju province and I no idea why. It's possible that TWS2 simply won't accept islands that are too far away from other provinces.

All that's left are the new units, buildings, religion, and adding the Korean faction (Joseon). I was wondering which banner should I use for the Joseon? I recommend a banner that isn't too complex because it will have to be shrunk to a small size for all the icons.

Also what's the best way to represent how the Joseon recruited their units? A list of building that need to be built before you can recruit each unit would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by manolops3 View Post
    Hi uanime5,

i am the one that made the German-Compatibility-textfile for your Expanded Japan-Mod on steam,if you remember.i watched this thread since you wrote the link on steam.
    this Imjin-War-project is very interesting for me,so i would love to help !!!
    i could try to make the armoured Korean Units,i am familiar in how to create new units in the Tweak-Dave tables,how to use the Unit Editor,the variantmodels,and edit textures of the unit parts.
    currently i try to import my own Models into the game.i was able to do this successfully for a helmet,mask,a edited Vanilla-Helmet,and a Katana-Model ( but for the Katana i dont know how to use my own textures by now ).currently i try hard to import my Armor-Cuirass into the game too,but there are problems i have to solve,and currently i concentrate on to find a Solution for this.
    so i am busy right now,but nonetheless i would love to help.so if you are interesting in and the Units must not be done in the next days,then i could help you.......

and i told you on steam,that i want to make a korean Turtle Ship,and i want this very much,so if it is interesting..........

Regards
    I'm always looking for more help, especially for the armoured units and ships. If possible could you also make a headband for an ashigaru sized head (the current headband only fits a monk's head) and the hat the lightly armoured Korean soldiers wear.

Below are some images of the lightly armoured Korean soldiers and the soldiers that wear brigandine.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by uanime5; November 06, 2013 at 10:24 AM.

Since you mention the Korean ai is passive, and how the mod is made to reunite Japan and then attack Korea; does that mean Korea is unplayable? It would be cool to launch a naval invasion on Japan and crush everything in my path!

Is it possible to command any Ming forces? Like even a reinforcement army from a script?

After this project would it be possible to make an East Asia TW with hundreds of regions? Even if it's just a confirmation of that being possible that'll make me happy.

Cheers and good luck+ Godspeed!

Hi ,

i think you mean the " monk_headband " ? in my ASHIGARU-Screenshot it looks not so bad.....but if you tell me what exactly you want to improve,i could do this .
    the korean-hat i should be able to make one.

in the two 21750-...... Images you see a Armor that looks very similar to the korean Units in the Images you have uploaded ....tell me if you like it,the only problem is
    that this Armor-Model is not made by me.It is a Armor someone make for the game " Skyrim " , if this fact is not disturbing for you,i could try to import it and make it usuable
    for Shogun 2.

Naturally i will contact the Original-Creator of this armor before and ask him for his permission ( i dont want to steal or something like that )

this was just a idea i became as i saw your Images of the Korean Units......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASHIGARU.png   21750-2-1344191485.jpg   21750-4-1344191485.jpg  

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

We've figured out how to import models into Shogun 2?

Hi ,

i think you mean the " monk_headband " ? in my ASHIGARU-Screenshot it looks not so bad.....but if you tell me what exactly you want to improve,i could do this .

in the two 21750-...... Images you see a Armor that looks very similar to the korean Units in the Images you have uploaded ....tell me if you like it,the only problem is
    that this Armor-Model is not made by me.It is a Armor someone make for the game " Skyrim " , if this fact is not disturbing for you,i could try to import it and make it usuable
    for Shogun 2.

Naturally i will contact the Original-Creator of this armor before and ask him for his permission ( i dont want to steal or something like that )

<br>just so you know, though they look very similar, the head gear and belt do not look like Koreans. Just overall, the armor from your picture doesnt look like Korean at all...

Gogunbanzui's Avatar Civis

Actually the soldier outfits from the last two pictures are Chinese.

@coconutFred

yes.take a look at here :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2#post13343462

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-into-Shogun-2

@ddoddogas and gogunbanzui

you right,this is actually a Chinese Armor.but it looks very similar to korean for me.if it is not similar enough for the most people here,we have the Possibility to Edit the Model and the Textures a bit,as long as the
    original Author give us the permission to.

Regards

Sorry I meant the "head" heads, not the "ashigaru_head" heads. Below is a screenshot of showing one of the problem heads and the headband. I need the headband to be slightly wider so it will fit the larger heads.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

for Shogun 2.

That's Chinese armour rather than Korean armour. As Chinese units will also useful feel free to try and convert it so that it will work with TWS2. Though this armour it will require some retexturing if you want to use it as a Korean unit.

@uanime5

ah okay,i know what you mean about the headbands.i will make a wider version,that is not a big problem.
    and for this Chinese Armor,what you think about this :

if we get the permission,
    we use the Armor like it is now for Chinese Units,and make a modified version for the Korean Units.
    please consider that it will need some time.....

Regards

@uanime5

ah okay,i know what you mean about the headbands.i will make a wider version,that is not a big problem.
    and for this Chinese Armor,what you think about this :

if we get the permission,
    we use the Armor like it is now for Chinese Units,and make a modified version for the Korean Units.
    please consider that it will need some time.....

Regards
    That's fine with me. I suspect that just converting the Chinese armour from Skyrim to TWS2 will be difficult, though once it has been converted it can be used as the basis for other units.

I also have some Chinese and Korean units from an M2TW mod I made. Though their polygon count is too low for TWS2 they'll act as a good reference for when we make other units.

A fan-boy of Korea here, can't wait for this mod

could you show us the map? i really want to see how korea map look like!