Thread: Running amok

Default Running amok

Hi,

I just started of adjusting some scripts by myself, and I seem to have messed somewhere.

I changed the German barbarian berserkers so they have a base morale of 99 (seems to work fine for the Spartans unit in the SPQR-mod for RTW 1.6 I play), attack factor 25, charge bonus 35. I also gave them the running amok ability.
    Now my game is instable, with CTDs specific on loading battles specificaly against Germans, no trouble as long as I fight other factions.
    Funny thing is, the CTD itself is not 100% sure, meaning I can start a battle against the Germans without ctd one time, but another gives CTD.
    This all started since I created my berserkers with Running amock ability.

Are there any known issues with Running amok I haven't read about?

Tnx!
    Horum Omnium Fortissimi Sunt Belgae

Default Re: Running amok

Well there is only one way to find out: revert every change you made one by one.

IE first you try with normal morale + running amok + your attack + your charge bonus
    then with your morale + no running amok + your attack + your charge bonus
    then your morale + running amok + normal attack + your charge bonus
    then obviously your morale + running amok + your attack + normal charge bonus

If you have a test report, maybe somebody could help you further.
    also: Do you use -show_err?
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Default Re: Running amok

Nope

I figure I just ad the text to my exe-line? And where does the log appear?
    EDIT: after google-search I figured out I should get the warning automatically after CTD. Right?
    EDIT: ok, tested it on a known bugged EDU-file, and works like a charm! Tnx!

tnx alot for the suggestions! I was already trying with the revert-strategy, but an error-log might speed things up!
    Last edited by Belgae; September 07, 2006 at 01:59 AM.
    Horum Omnium Fortissimi Sunt Belgae