Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rome total war failed to find directx9 wich is required for the game to run

Default Re: Rome total war failed to find directx9 wich is required for the game to run

Ok i will try that.
    I am using Windows XP Professional.
    I asked it to the steam support to because it is realy hard to understand computer language in English because i am Dutch and i am realy bad with computers but thank you guys for your time and help.
    Greetz Jansenfinn
    Last edited by Jansenfinn; August 07, 2013 at 10:56 AM.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Rome total war failed to find directx9 wich is required for the game to run

XP = it's already installed.

Did this start before or after installing mods?
    Have you tried verifying the game cache?
    Have you tried deleting Steam's clintregistry.blob and cache(?).blob in the Steam folder?

1. I dont have any mods.
    2.Tried but i am realy bad with computers so i dont know where to do that.
    3.No how do i do that????

2. http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...-of-game-cache
    3. Look in Program Files\Steam in My Computer.

2. http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...-of-game-cache
    3. Look in Program Files\Steam in My Computer.

Verified it and it sad: the files are verified but Rome total war is still not working

Have you ever got a campaign started on this computer?

No.
    i have somewhere a old disc of RTW and try of it is working on that one.

Have you tried deleting the Rome total War folder and reinstalling?

I was on vacation i am back....
    i had no time to find thr disc i will try it tomorrow

Tried and didnt work

Are you installing on an external drive?

Hello, I am having the same error with the steam version. I will try the clean steam install. I did that link that you had put up but it didnt work either. I will keep you posted.

Reinstalled, still not working. Any other tips? ( I have tried the ones that were previously said.)

Looking around the net, some have success by running the install for directX. That's all I can offer.

This site has some useful instructions.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html

Where it says to create a temp folder to download the files, put it in your RTW folder and name it redist just for good measure.
    Proculus: Divine Caesar, PLEASE! What have I done? Why am I here?
    Caligula: Treason!
    Proculus: Treason? I have always been loyal to you!
    Caligula: [laughs insanely] That IS your treason! You're an honest man, Proculus, which means a bad Roman! Therefore, you are a traitor! Logical, hmm? Ha, ha, ha!

Quote Originally Posted by wulfgar610 View Post
    Looking around the net, some have success by running the install for directX. That's all I can offer.

This site has some useful instructions.

Where it says to create a temp folder to download the files, put it in your RTW folder and name it redist just for good measure.
    Would this work for the steam version, because thats what I am using. Or at least trying to use for that matter.
    ( I Deleted the url because it would not allow for me to repost it

In the disk version of RTW, directX is on the disk itself so you can install directx from there. In other steam total war games the directx folder is just inside the particular game folder under the name 'redist'. I don't know if it will work, but from my searches on the net, running the install of directX is the only method that's met with any success. Your system 32 folder should have a version of directX in it, but some reason, maybe a missing file or some other setup it isn't working with your game.
    Programfiles/steam/steamapps/common is where your game files are. A fair number of people have had this RTW problem with Steam.
    Proculus: Divine Caesar, PLEASE! What have I done? Why am I here?
    Caligula: Treason!
    Proculus: Treason? I have always been loyal to you!
    Caligula: [laughs insanely] That IS your treason! You're an honest man, Proculus, which means a bad Roman! Therefore, you are a traitor! Logical, hmm? Ha, ha, ha!

Vista, win 7/8, logging in as Administrator and disabling the UAC should help.

I have tried all of these things you keep mentioning. Is there no hope for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Evangames88 View Post
    I have tried all of these things you keep mentioning. Is there no hope for me?
    Attach your dxdiag.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast