Thread: Suggestion: generals.

Default Suggestion: generals.

I feel like there is too many generals at the start. For the ai this makes them send generals on suicide runs. For the player i feel we dont really improve many of our generals as the one who leads the army is the general that gains abilities for fighting.

It might be interesting to have it so throughout the campaign you are given new generals by script and start with signifigantly less generals. This way you could also do things like if cao cao kills zhang he while fighting him zhang he will spawn for cao cao. Or have it so if gongsun zam is defeated liu bei will spawn zhao yun. I think this would add to gameplay so in the begining of game you arent fighting with armies havin 12 generals and 3regular units and killing off a bunch of interesting characters in the first 5 turns.

For the ai you could give them some generic filler generals through the campaign call them liutenants or something so they dont put their named generals they get to lead all their stacks.

This is actually a very good idea. I just don't know if it's possible because I read somewhere in the forum that MVII limits each faction to have no more than 8 unique characters (don't quote me on that). The modders probably know it better than I do . The number of generals at the beginning of the game seems overwhelming to me too. Did those factions start with that many generals in reality? I haven't read Sanguozhi so i actually have no idea, can some of you enlighten me on that matter? Very much appreciated
    Last edited by Ishan; August 01, 2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: double post forum error

Default Re: Suggestion: generals.

Add Wang Men for gongsun zan as a general or a unaligned officer near gongsun zan! He was an officer under gongsun zan and later defected to yuan shao. This man was blessed with the greatest name in china. I already added him into my game but everyone needs to experience Wang Men.
    Here is his bio:
    "Wang Men was a military general serving under the warlord Gongsun Zan during the late Han Dynasty period of Chinese history. He defected to the warlord Yuan Shao later, and led 10,000 troops to attack Gongsun, but retreated after being criticized by Tian Yu." From rotk 10.