Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will people still stay playing Rome1 after Rome2

Default Will people still stay playing Rome1 after Rome2

I will still play it

✠Ikaroqx✠'s Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Will people still stay playing Rome1 after Rome2

Of course. I originally thought Rome 2 would cannibalise my time with Rome 1, which it will at first, but I'll always go back to it.
    Signature loading...

I will. I can't justify spending 60 bucks on a video game so I'm always a few years behind on games.

i will, Rome 1 have many interesting mod to play

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Definitely. After half a Rome II campaign, I'll probably get nostalgic and go back to Rome 1 to play a full campaign! I still need to conquer Greece with the pink pyjama men!!!
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

I will. I need finish many campaigns.

and will you guys still play the multiplayer??

Harvester of Sorrow's Avatar Vicarius

I definitely will continue playing Rome. Every once in a while I start a new campaign or continue one that I forgot to finish. As for multiplayer, as long as my friends keep playing online then so will I.

Ok interesting

Is it true that Rome II will not be modable ? I think I read it somewhere in the forums. I will always come back to RTW even more for the modding community.

Indefinitely Banned

RTW will become a distant and nostalgic memory once R2TW comes out.

Heck, it already is. I can't play with that few polygons anymore.

And R2TW has clouds.

CLOUDS

I'd definitely still play RTW even after the release of TW:R2. I still haven't conquered the Amazons yet! Damn those filthy women!!! It is my utmost desire to see them civilized and taught the art of fancy.
    "I know you. I can see right through you. You're swearing now that one day you will destroy me. Remember, far better women than you have sworn to do the same. Come look at them now."
    -Atia

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

the mods would keep people around, if no mods show up for Rome 2 it shall have an active fan base for quite a while...

for the mods maybe, depends on Rome 2 and how good it is and if it can be modded

Quote Originally Posted by Doros_of_Sparta View Post
    I will. I can't justify spending 60 bucks on a video game so I'm always a few years behind on games.
    This . . . figure I just started playing Medieval II Total war, haha.

My computer upgrades also lag behind a bit and graphic intensive games don't always work the best. The more intense the graphics and the more moving pieces, the less I'll play the game.

I will, since i have a mac D: I can't play rome 2... It's very sad....

baldrick13's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus041 View Post
    RTW will become a distant and nostalgic memory once R2TW comes out.

Heck, it already is. I can't play with that few polygons anymore.

And R2TW has clouds.

CLOUDS
    pretty much the same for me, rtw2 looks amazing and some of the balancing issues with rome 1 even with darthmod just make it hard for me to really get into the game.
    Been a long time hasn't it?

I remember back at the time Rome I first came out, as nice as the game was, it took about 6 major releases to get the game functions the way it did on BI. And it is still not perfect, many script and console commands are either disabled or not working.

My point is, large scale games usually take a while to stabilize. So Rome II probably is not an exception, clouds included

I stopped playing the actual Rome I game years ago, but only uses the Rome I game as a game engine to play and develop the mods.
    As regard to Rome Total War, you just can not name any other game with so many mods of so different perspectives and dimensions.

As far as lack of resolution is concerned, the new mods like RS II and Amazons Total War have high resolution battlefield and 512x512 units, and because the old style "pure" rendering methodology, i.e. less reliant on hardware acceleration, Rome I with those mods probably will actually look better on "low end" video interface cards.

The only thing lacking in the Rome I environment is the naval battles.
    Well, the Rome I actually can have naval combats, but their campaign logic has a hard-coded logic restricting the naval battle to be run in the campaign mode. Take a look at Ghengis Mod
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Khan-Total-War
    IMO, if CA can unlock the Rome I's water (or sea level) restriction and fix their game engine bugs, they don't really need Rome II to continue to make a great deal of money.

Also the Rome Total War's tactical AI logic tended to focus on set piece flag capture logic, and the AI Campaign logic since the first Medieval Total War has been somewhat hamstrung to act creatively.

Just take a look what our mod team have been working on for example,

The Amazons Total War adds logic to Rome I which the Rome II still does not have

- Area Denial "Minefield" using field engineering units.
    - Wagon Warfare to allow German Panzer like armor vs armor combat.
    - Guerrilla Warfare, allowing agents to infiltrate into enemy territory to raise army deep behind enemy line.
    - Bring Mobility and Stand-off Weapon capability to a new level.
    - Linked Armor-Clad Cavalry which was the dominating cavalry formation in Eurasia for centuries.
    never seen on video games before the publishing of Amazons Total War.
    - Terrifying Super-heating Incendiary Munitions known as the Thermite weapons.
    - Newly added exotic war machines with multi-play options,
    - Quest based game playing. In many factions, player must fulfill faction specific mission to advance to higher cultural level.
    - custom and accelerated RS II battlemap.
    - Balanced Unit Modeling (or. B.U.M.):Unit's recruitment infrastructure, cost, appearance, and capability must have direct relationship.
    - New weapons such as ranseur pikes, septums, bill-guisarme, and many more.

And I am sure other Rome I mods also have some great features Rome II does not have.

So to me, my choice is clear.
    Last edited by parthian shot; August 23, 2013 at 09:11 AM.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Rome II will take up the time of people for a while, but nobody will really forget about Rome I completely. How long before you finally think back to it and decide to play it just depends on how good Rome II is, I guess.

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

Rome 1's battles are superior to those of Rome 2, I can already tell. I want battles to be bloody, long affairs that can be affected by strategy, not 5-minute deathfests where you never know what the hell's happening. So, yeah, I'll play Rome 2, but Rome 1 will be better.
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast