Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Submod Idea for Tsardoms

sven18's Avatar Civis

Default Submod Idea for Tsardoms

Hi to all hardworkers for this Mod! Everybody understands that this is a great work and this could take a lot of time to make it done.
    In the same way, I have an ideea it could be interesting for some players.
    I propouse to make an little sub-mod from Tsardoms where the map is more little.
    Sub-mod of Year 1450-1500 that has factions - Hungary, Moldova, Wallachia, Turkish, Tatars. ( if these factions are already done ).
    Historical persons like Mathias Corvinus, Janos Hunyadi ( Hungary), Bogdan Musat, Stephen the Great ( Moldova), Vlad Dracula, Radu cel Frumos ( Wallachia), Mehmed 2, Suleiman Pasa( Turkish ), Tatars(...), Jan Olbraht, Kaziemirez the 4 (Poland)
    Historical events like Turkish invading in Moldova, wallachia, Hungary (1460), (1476). Polish invading in Moldova (1497) etc..
    The point is that until the great work on this great tsardoms map is finish ( I gues 3-4 mounths), to make an little sub-mod with the countries that already are done but much latter period ( renneissance period) with epic personalities and events.
    Thats my idea.
    Hope for your support.
    And thanks again to all for the great job!
    Last edited by sven18; July 30, 2013 at 01:08 PM.

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Default Re: Submod Idea for Tsardoms

Just my opinion, but this might not be such a bad idea and it would be taking a page out of East of Rome's playbook: work up towards the main release by releasing a series of sub-mods that focus on individual theaters. It could help keep up interest in Tsardoms while the team continues to work to eventually bring all of the information together into one big campaign map. The units for Moldova, Wallachia, Bulgaria, Serbia, etc are already complete and unless I'm mistaken Tsardoms plans on using the Hungarian units from Magyar Mod.

How long would it take for a mapper to create a map of the Balkans?

Thoughts? Ideas?
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

sven18's Avatar Civis

I can help with personalities in that period and events in different years if there is necessary

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

Be patient guys, we are planning something along these lines: releasing small, limited theatre version.
    But we want to finalize most rosters first and present you the custom-battle version.

sven18's Avatar Civis

people were patient for 3 years and steel are....my opinion is that would be great such little sub-mod, while these factions are ready. I don't think that costum battles are different from other mods of M2TW, the most interesting is the campaining map in different period and the events in that campaining, strategy etc...

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

Its different now. Mod has survived the worst crisis and is alive again, almost like a nomen omen phoenix(i mean bird).
    I agree with you, i also play mostly for unique campaign experience, to rewrite history etc - its fun.
    But we dont have enough manpower to release campaign version soon - for instance we dont even plan factions like Poland or tatars, sure, we will make some units to depict them, but making whole rosters would be a waste of time.

There is a chance that custom battle version will attract new team members into the fields we need most. So einfach ist das.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Its hard to plan a sub-mod for a mod that is not released yet. For us as the team, primary task is completing the mod.

sven18's Avatar Civis

I thought that you have already the map and factions done. All that need- is to change the main characters, events and map without western Europe

This mod has not been released yet, nor completed We do not have Western Europe included anyway so nothing really to cut out.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

There is nothing wrong with a submod ideea. But as the other guys said the map itself of Eastern Europe is about say 70-75% done. However, there are still a lot more things to do like: building trees, family trees, placing psfs, traits and ancilaries.

Also we are doing a complete overhaul of the building and recruitment system. No more recruiting armies from barracks and archery ranged.

Also, the units of the factions are done but there is still a very big thing we are workign on now which is stats and balancing. That is why when the stats are done we need to relase a battle beta so that people can test it.

I agree that the campaign map is the most important thing of a medieval game but we are working towards that goal. As Miszel said the mod has changed a lot. We actually have a full team of modders doing various things. Until last year we had one or maximum two people at any one time workign on it plus we had long periods of months and months with no progress. Also, don't forget this is a hobby. People have work, school, study, families.
    Last edited by Wallachian; July 31, 2013 at 12:32 AM.

That's really too bad, because it could be a more interesting way to go about things. Of course however, I understand that time and manpower is well...time and manpower.

I wish that I had the skills and know how to make a campaign map. I would gladly devote my time to it.

No one was borne with knowledge of modding

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rces-amp-Tools
    this is index of all tools and tutorials for Med2 modding, and if you really mean what you say, you could start learning... we do need a maper, il_duce is inactive for a long time now. Its our most critical spot at the moment

DobroVece's Avatar Senator

But we are going that way. It's just that you want us to be quick about it, and to use factions you would like to play.
    You have to understand that having some roster done means only that you have unit models, and setting up a faction s way more than that.
    Still, there will be something. Firstly, a battle only mod. Which is more important for us, to balance units, so we can import them in campaign in the first place.
    Secondly, a mini mod, or a cropped mod if you will, will come. But which factions will get to be in it will be decided upon what is the best way for us to start, cause every next update will expand on existing campaign.

Wow, that's really good news to hear! I'm really glad to hear that things are progressing again and can't wait to see the fruits of your labor.

@Hrobatos, I'm going to read some (or maybe all) of this stuff and see if there's a way I can help you guys. I definitely have the free time on my hands.

Yeah the mapping part is our biggest problem. There is amazing progress in all other areas though.

Hopefully you will be impressed by the fruits of the labou soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by sven18 View Post
    Hi to all hardworkers for this Mod! Everybody understands that this is a great work and this could take a lot of time to make it done.
    In the same way, I have an ideea it could be interesting for some players.
    I propouse to make an little sub-mod from Tsardoms where the map is more little.
    Sub-mod of Year 1450-1500 that has factions - Hungary, Moldova, Wallachia, Turkish, Tatars. ( if these factions are already done ).
    Historical persons like Mathias Corvinus, Janos Hunyadi ( Hungary), Bogdan Musat, Stephen the Great ( Moldova), Vlad Dracula, Radu cel Frumos ( Wallachia), Mehmed 2, Suleiman Pasa( Turkish ), Tatars(...), Jan Olbraht, Kaziemirez the 4 (Poland)
    Historical events like Turkish invading in Moldova, wallachia, Hungary (1460), (1476). Polish invading in Moldova (1497) etc..
    The point is that until the great work on this great tsardoms map is finish ( I gues 3-4 mounths), to make an little sub-mod with the countries that already are done but much latter period ( renneissance period) with epic personalities and events.
    Thats my idea.
    Hope for your support.
    And thanks again to all for the great job!
    hey dont forget jan sobieski

I would love to play such a mod with or without Tsardom's release, but am I the only one seeing the problem that is this.

The units for Tsardoms are from 14ct while the Op mentioned later era's so shouldn't the mod need a lot of new units?

Well the units in Tsardoms cover the XIVth, XVth and early XVIth century. So all those dates mentioned can easily be covered. We have handgunners, arquebusiers, pikemen, gothic armour etc.

Well for a mod specialized in that time frame, second half of 15. century and onward you would be missing some units, but we mostly cover them. All the way to early 16. century. In that sence in Tsardoms a lots of new units will become available between 1420´s and 1450´ and lots of existing units will get upgrades to simulate evolution of weapons and tactics.

Like for example Knights. When they start in 1345. they mostly wear bascinets, plate armor on legs and arms and chainmail or coat of plates. By 1380 they get full body plate armor. In some units due to tunic over chest this evolution is not visible on battlefield, since you have tunic over that part anyway, but it will be present in stats.

Some units will get around 1420´s a Milanese armor. Little bit later like 1450´s other factions like Austria will get Gothic armor upgrade for their knights. Since this armor appears later than first Milanese, its gona be a bit more advance in order to balance its later appereance. Next armor upgrade will happen around 1600´ and that will be flutted armor designs for both Milanese armor and Gothic, the very late designs that had angled armor in order to increase its protection while keeping same weight, specialy designed for better protection against bullets.

Other such examples could be more advanced artillery pieces, appereance of Hussars, Stradioti, various types of Pikemen and Arquebusiers and other firearm troops, advanced armor types, Deli for Ottomans, Landsknect mercenaries for Austria and other NW factions etc.

Oh man, you just made the wait more painful, I just love such fines and detail when it comes to armor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast