Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Warman's Animation Submod Reborn Released! (Update 8/2/2013)

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Warman's Animation Submod Reborn Released! (Update 8/2/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Animations have great impact on battle result and balance, assume their addition compaired to result-testing required has been neglected for more crucial and/or grander or easier commitments
    I noticed it. I had an unit with no fatalities animations face one that do have. Despite having better stats, the one with animations wons against the one without every time.

I don't usually post in these parts of the forums anymore, but I need to chime in here. Petrobras, you don't need my permission to release what you have, so feel free to do whatever you want. Also maybe I missed something but Araval was never involved with the making of this submod so you don't need his permission either, .

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

@warman Why don't you fix the bugs in your submod yourself so it could be fully enjoyable. Surely you know how to do it the best...

@Petrobras I'm sorry I missed that part, you don't need any permission from me indeed.

EDIT: here's a new link for the files: https://mega.nz/#!c4hQlBCZ!d8dFzRuLL...3DLR-aL2blDMnw
    Last edited by Araval; June 09, 2016 at 03:25 AM.

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    @warman Why don't you fix the bugs in your submod yourself so it could be fully enjoyable. Surely you know how to do it the best...
    That would be so great and avoid that many CTD in my TATW!!

Anyway... so far I already found out that warman222 mod is HALF compatible with almost any TATW submod (FRoGS and DaC). Half 'cause you can use it almost everytime, but sometimes it seens to crash with specific units (only happened once in DaC, none in FRoGS). Despite I dont liking the new standard sword stance being apllied to everyone (it is great to elfs, not to orcs...), I think I can mod it out in descr_skeleton file. I just need to find out wich line refers to the fighting stance and replace the swordsmen one with the one from another animation set with the vanilla one.

@Petro did you check the BDMB file? If I recall correctly I changed the animation reference in that file for certain units such as the elven units for instance. I'm not really able to help much anymore since I've largely moved on to Rome 2, plus I moved on to a new desktop so I wasn't sure if I backed it up. I thought I actually forgot to. However I just discovered I did. Here's a new download link.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/d2qa89

Now I do believe that what I just uploaded works with Vanilla 3.2. I never got around to make it compatible with other sub mods, DaC wasn't even out yet at the time. I'll try to give you insight with any issues but like I said i can't do much myself because I basically lost the raw animation files I used.

Warman, your links just keep stopping on working. Any chance you might reupload the animations please??
    And one question: The MOS submod says it includes your mod. BUT: I've checked the elven swordsmen so many times,a nd not a signle one have I seen using any special animation. Is it not included perhaps?
    Second question: When will it be compatible with MOS?? I hope it will be, and I hope I'll get an answer soon

says download link has expired

Download link said "File Not Found"

So I take it this was forgotten/abandoned? What a shame

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The developer finished working on this but you can feel free to to download it from the link in post #63 and play it with vanilla TATW.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234