Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhodes "Rhodos" as a Playable Faction?

GMoon777's Avatar Libertus

Icon5 Rhodes "Rhodos" as a Playable Faction?

I have recently found out that the city of Rhodes and Faction of Rhodos has been confirmed to be in Rome 2.

Below is a screenshot of Rhodes from the new Epic Panorama kindly provided by CA to help quench our incredible thirst for Rome 2

Now I had hoped that the city of Rhodes would be a provincial capital siege map with walls, imagine sailing into harbour through the colossus and assaulting the city it would be awesome!!!.

Rhodes would make a great playable faction, they have a great history and are one of my favourite greek settlements, I believe they even created some very powerful unique ships.
    It does not matter that Rhodes is not a provincial capital, just look at Sparta, the city itself does not have a siege map in Rome 2 but is still a playable faction.

The island Location and superior navy would be very fun to play with, and since Rhodes was a large trade power at the time the bonus to income would spice things up a bit.
    Also the bonus from the colossus wonder would provide some tasty benefit, I presume that Rhodes would not have a large native army and would rely on mercenaries to form the bulk of it's armies with a few elite troops mixed in, similar to Carthage.

I think CA should have included Rhodos in the "Greek States Culture Pack" but this is not the case, It may have boosted pre-orders even more and would have been great value.

Do you think they will perhaps add Rhodos as a Playable Faction in future DLC, or perhaps it will be possible to mod factions to make them playable?
    Last edited by GMoon777; July 28, 2013 at 08:41 PM.

Default Re: Rhodes "Rhodos" as a Playable Faction?

I wish we had Rhodes, Syracuse, and Pergamon as a second Greek DLC. Perhaps mods will enable us to play these factions.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyPoopCereal View Post
    I wish we had Rhodes, Syracuse, and Pergamon as a second Greek DLC. Perhaps mods will enable us to play these factions.
    Me too. Then a third one with Bosporan Kingdom, Massalia, and Cyrene.

Senator

Yeah, just gotta cross your fingers and hope there'll be an all factions playable mod, or that all factions will be made available to buy as DLC. Rhodes has an awesome history and unique armies with their own hoplites and of course slingers.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rhodos as a faction but first I want to see a couple of other factions appear as DLC. Seleucids, Armenia, Baktria, a faction in Iberia, some more celtic and germanic factions, an arabian faction and perhaps something like Scythia. After that I'm fine with another greek faction DLC because there is such a thing as too many greek factions.

1. Lusitania
    2. Rhodos
    3. Bactria

Map Expansion

1. Mauryan
    2. Alans
    3. Saba

Richard III's Avatar Tiro

Can anyone see them adding a City DLC pack, something along the lines of "Sieges of History" - making Rhodes, Syracuse, and other cities where famous sieges/battles occurred that get their own unique maps?
    "Good Men Don't Need Rules."

DogSoldierSPQR's Avatar Senator

You never know, Rhodes might be an exception even as a non-siegable city. What happens if you try attacking the city with a navy? You never know...we might just get a siege just so CA can show of their version of the colossus of Rhodes.
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ere!-(26-10-13)
    If you rep me, leave that beautiful name of yours so I know who you are
    That a salesperson at my door? Where my Gladius at??
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR

Quote Originally Posted by Richard III View Post
    Can anyone see them adding a City DLC pack, something along the lines of "Sieges of History" - making Rhodes, Syracuse, and other cities where famous sieges/battles occurred that get their own unique maps?
    Yes- I hope CA explores some different types of DLC and that would be something I would pay for rather than unit pack.

Senator

Rhodes would have been a better choice than Athens because Rhodes had a much greater importance and impact in 3rd and 2nd c. BC history than the latter. If, then they should however get rid of such things as the extremely ridiculous colossus with legs over the harbour entrance. It is known that the statue was situated in a different way.

Perhaps mods will enable us to play these factions.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

To be fair the greek city states pack as pre-order was a total commercial move,
    If we had to choose between greek factions who were relevant at this time they should had been included this:
    -Rhodos
    -Pergamon
    -Syracuse
    Veritas Temporis Filia

If I could choose 3 greek state then I would take:
    -Epirus
    -Sparta
    -Rhodes
    (the optional 4th is -Syracuse or Athens)

Senator

Obvious choices would be: Aetolian League, Achaean League, Epirus, Rhodes, Sparta. Or they should have done it like EB and formed a Greek faction out of Athens, Sparta and the Achaean League, like they fought together in the shortliving manner of the Chremonideian War (against Macedon) and added Epirus and Rhodes and Syracuse and Pergamon. But Sparta on his own was too tempting maybe, too many people who remember classical Greece while we were in the Hellenistic Greece ig.
    Last edited by geala; July 29, 2013 at 03:24 AM.

SamueleD's Avatar Campidoctor

Yeah, I would love to play as one of the many "island factions" or as a far away greek colony, like Massalia, or as the Galatians.

-Seleucid, armenia, bactria

-Rhodes, syracuse, pergamon

-Illyria, thrace, dacia

-Lusitani, gallaeci, ???

-Scythia, Cimmeria, roxolani

-Parthava, persia, cyprus
    Last edited by jamreal18; July 29, 2013 at 08:26 AM.

I'm still holding out hope for the Isle of Lesbos as a playable faction.
    "oooh a gypsy wind is blowing warm tonight, sky is starlit and the time is right. Now you're telling me you have to go...before you do there's something you should know." - Bob Seger

Freedom is the distance between church and state.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

I don't think it would be that much interesting given the scale of the map : take 2 other island (Crete and Cyprus) and you are now forced to turn into a continental power ...
    That said this bassicaly the same opinion I hold for Athens so it is surely possible in CA mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikelus Trento View Post
    I'm still holding out hope for the Isle of Lesbos as a playable faction.
    Is Lesbos even represented on the map ?

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    Obvious choices would be: Aetolian League, Achaean League, Epirus, Rhodes, Sparta.
    The Aetolian League and the Achaean League won't appear in this game. CA will not deeply modify the campaign map for a factions dlc. Especially for a Continental Geek dlc when one DLC with this focus is already released.
    Last edited by Anna_Gein; July 29, 2013 at 09:39 AM.

111289's Avatar Civis

I really want ever faction to be playable so we'll have to wait for mods

MaceHead's Avatar Civis

I hope they change the Rhodos icon. Coins from Rhodes, exported amphora's and artifacts from Rhodes have the Rhodos Rose.

Why is CA using a dragon instead of this flower symbol for Rhodes?

should be
    Last edited by MaceHead; July 29, 2013 at 01:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast