Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [MAP PREVIEW] Main Mod Campaign

Default [MAP PREVIEW] Main Mod Campaign

Massive Campaign Map Preview, please be patient as there's 68 pictures, let them all load!

DragonDawn Full Map Coverage:

SORRY Danny...adding to give people a 'political' reference:

Dragonthrone of Kadasandra, (3 pics):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Eastern Marches of the Empire, (6 pics):

Western Marches of the Empire, (5 pics):

The Ilsithi Kingdom (Ildiri), (3 pics):

The Erutile Diluvians (Naugiri), (3 pics):

The Bloodfed (Haladin), (2 pics):

Rhysthari of Ispir, (2 pics):

The Bandit Kings (includes Solace - the Emphemeral City), (2 pics):

The Rose of War (Ilien), (2 pics):

The Kingdom of Silidis (Selediri), (2 pics):

The Ward of Descati (The Ghaurchlai), (3 pics):

The Iryn Thaan, (2 pics):

The Pavishate of Ashapur, (3 pics):

The Kingdom of the Salient Sun (Sun King), (3 pics):

The Holts of the Khezdruli (3 Dwarven Kingdoms), (3 pics):

The Only, (2 pics):

The Pawn Saints/Principality of Steel, (3 pics):

The Lindiri Weirdengroves (Lindiri), (2 pics):

Cho Tetsu, (3 pics):

Fennweyr, (2 pics):

Lian Elune (Lake Kingdom), (1 pic):

The Freedom Lands, East and West:
    West Side, (3 pics):

East Side, (3 pics):

The Wolfborn, (2 pics):

Badabaska, (2 pics):

Credits:

The DragonDawn team, for their ideas, encouragement and suggestions.

All feedback welcome!!
    Last edited by Squeaks; July 31, 2013 at 10:51 AM.

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Main Mod Campaign Map

Been a while since I've seen the map, absolutely stunning work Danny!!

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

I could do a shaded political map if if helps anyone? Quick and easy.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

awesome work ..

now run away before i start wanting it so much i drool again

Namorath's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaks View Post

I could do a shaded political map if if helps anyone? Quick and easy.
    that would be wonderful if you could please
    excellent preview as always
    quote by the Ilsithi kingdom "I will not let the white city fall, nor our people fail ..."

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    awesome work ..

now run away before i start wanting it so much i drool again
    Sure I really hope we can get a release asap. There are leaps and bounds coming along atm. I think one is important to everyone, and as long as you're happy with a somewhat unpolished first go then it'll work out. The scripting for a release isn't heavy, but we don't have access to that side of things really. I guess it' not super important, as it won't be script heavy - certainly the minimod won't be.....I would hope that a release would be still be celebrated without all bells and whistles, and if we can then improve bit by bit, and people be tolerant and supportive, then it can be achieved much more quickly. Eight factions isn't much of an effort in many ways, compared to three times that; one standard ui for instance would save massive amounts of time....we want to replace every aspect of the game's ui, from buttons with ticks and crosses upwards, just not yet. Unit-wise, it could be completed in a week now, with a bit of hard work. It would make unit numbers to about 260 done now. SOme factions just need the same really base models for some groups even for the main one, retextured, as there is no need for huge changes....if you take the smaller factions, you're looking at 12 units a roster max. The East and west need about 24 each, but share legions with each other with reskins; Kadasandra has maybe 5-6 models aside from Legions, Warflame, pit dogs, and they're done, as is the East...they're entirely finished. West EMpire needs another 10 maybe.

All but a few factions have a good chunk of their rosters done (or all), to say the least. I doubt we're looking at more than another 100 units for the whole mod. 2d's in hand, maps done, edb working on, factions all in and working (not enough to present much though yet). I can see maybe 4 factions that need heavy work....The Only Cult, Cho Tetsu, Lian ELune and Fennweyr. Only can be done SO quickly. Lian ELune more by a fair bit, Cho Tetsu will need a lot, Fennweyr the same, but they're NOT in the mini-mod. Actually, the Ratties are a biggie...five done, but they need another 10 to be 100% happy.

So, from here, it's largely annoying stuff to do. Annoying because we're learning on the hop. It's looking good, I think, but a slog without experienced coders/scripters, but you can't force people into that.

Sorry to ramble like this....famous for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Namorath View Post
    that would be wonderful if you could please
    Okay, hope within 2 days, probably less. I wondered if people were getting lost. Danny's work is wonderful though.

excellent preview as always
    I've been criticised a bit for the previews (doesn't particularly bother me much, as it shouldn't), but I have always thought that showing stuff along the way keeps it alive to anyone who looks at them, as posting in the main forum is sporadic, largely due to time and workload. If we kept 24 factions in utter secrecy, then we'd all go mad(der).

quote by the Ilsithi kingdom "I will not let the white city fall, nor our people fail ..."
    A mix of too much being knackered, idiocy and simply getting them pumped out...still, it is Numpty....although there is reason for it, but perhaps a little different turn of phrase.

I'm wondering if any of you lend a hand with really simple stuff. If anyone knows a little bit of text work and which files need what then I imagine we can pass the entries along. Not something I've overly thought about. Sprites will be time consuming, and adding them to the battlemod would be very helpful indeed. Giving the battlemod lines for sprites set up would be wonderful. Just weird bits here and there. Kaiser, Willow and Neko can only be expected to do so much in a short time.

That doesn't look like Tamriel...Oh wait.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

and as long as you're happy with a somewhat unpolished first go then it'll work out.
    been playing rise of the three kingdoms beta release ... one of the best experiences i have had in the med 2 engine in a while so if people are smart they will judge the experience and not the polish

although be prepared for people to constantly list stuff in your forum with what needs upgraded in your mini release if you do this ... it just happens comes with releasing a not fully finished product

I would hope that a release would be still be celebrated without all bells and whistles,
    am ... have to put the party stuff back in the cellar...

and if we can then improve bit by bit, and people be tolerant and supportive, then it can be achieved much more quickly.
    i see most people by and large respecting this ; minus a few trolls of course.

one standard ui for instance would save massive amounts of time....we want to replace every aspect of the game's ui, from buttons with ticks and crosses upwards, just not yet.
    yeah that should be done near the end , it's cool eye candy by a basic one is hardly noticed and would be covered up by awesome units and the map

Sorry to ramble like this....famous for it.
    no worries i just pretend your talking to me ^^

Okay, hope within 2 days, probably less. I wondered if people were getting lost.
    forgot what side east or west Fennweyr were on nothing major ^^ ... btw did the dragondawn continent ever get a name because i was about to type
    "what side of ___" and realised i can't recall if there was a name for the continent

I'm wondering if any of you lend a hand with really simple stuff. If anyone knows a little bit of text work and which files need what then I imagine we can pass the entries along. Not something I've overly thought about. Sprites will be time consuming, and adding them to the battlemod would be very helpful indeed. Giving the battlemod lines for sprites set up would be wonderful. Just weird bits here and there. Kaiser, Willow and Neko can only be expected to do so much in a short time.
    *sigh* i knew this day would come

i have very little experience with modding i did some VERY basic stuff for already dead ( chrome keeps changing that name -.-) then i joined the sundering team with the idea of learning as i went because they were suffering a severe lack of team members ... then real life hit me hard .. and they sort of needed people who could pull there weight and i disappeared i'm sorry if any of you see this .

i would offer up my free time for the simple jobs as my life has become a lot more sane lately where the phrase "free time" is actually a reality .. if you understand i am a noob who would end up in the mod workshop asking people stupid questions sooner rather than later then i'd help..
    Last edited by knight of meh; July 29, 2013 at 06:13 PM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool map!

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So beautiful...

Looks awesome!
    Make America great again!

Namorath's Avatar Libertus

sorry squeaks I would love to help but I only know how to play the games not the make them (reason why I will never ever criticize you for how long this has been in development)

as a history/poli sci major grad I could help write background historical stuff but it seems you guys got that all covered
    so I will just wait with zen like patience for release

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Great.
    (Cant wait to play it, but I think... yes, IŽll wait )

some of those names were a bit interesting like stairwell for instance

but i look foward to busting the enemy on diakins wall as though they were dust

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar15 View Post
    That doesn't look like Tamriel...Oh wait.
    You're right. It doesn't, unless every map looks like every other to some degree....an abstract fact that it's a landmass, for instance - I've made many maps, and they all involve land, sea and shapes somewhere. God must have looked at George Martin's map before he made the UK I guess, as there's more of a similarity between them, except for the weather. And Cornwall.

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    been playing rise of the three kingdoms beta release ... one of the best experiences i have had in the med 2 engine in a while so if people are smart they will judge the experience and not the polish
    That DID look good, and some really major love went into it. Sadly, I don't really play the game or it's mods

although be prepared for people to constantly list stuff in your forum with what needs upgraded in your mini release if you do this ... it just happens comes with releasing a not fully finished product
    I would much rather have little comments and wants and needs than not, and any improvements to the mini one would improve the main in the end.

am ... have to put the party stuff back in the cellar...
    Aw. Feel very sad right now....

i see most people by and large respecting this ; minus a few trolls of course.
    Trolls I've seen many times before. I normally have an ignore policy; people are quite within their rights to say what they truly feel,but there has to be a motivation behind it. I'm not a fan of shouting down trolls, as some seem to be when they're really not...just aren't always very good at putting things well. I've never bitten one until recently, as I do believe in free speech dreadfully. Simply saying that something's entirely dreadful for no real reason is a little wasteful of time and life.

yeah that should be done near the end , it's cool eye candy by a basic one is hardly noticed and would be covered up by awesome units and the map
    SUre. The minimod is being made for a reason, and that's to not match the bigger, just to make a halfway house and improve. I don't think anyone gains by a mod always being developed and hidden, even if some cracks are there, as long as they'll be fixed.

no worries i just pretend your talking to me ^^
    I pretend that too. Of course, I am talking to you...

forgot what side east or west Fennweyr were on nothing major ^^ ... btw did the dragondawn continent ever get a name because i was about to type
    "what side of ___" and realised i can't recall if there was a name for the continent
    That's what I thought. I shall do a shaded thing.

Heh. They're actually the Dragon's Wings under the surface, but they go by several names to the little chaps who live there. One we use, which is't very good is the twin continents. This is due to the link in the top middle, where they join, but it's not absolutely accurate exactly....however, the elves don't have satellites or cameras in space to truly see the shapes.

*sigh* i knew this day would come
    You prepared well then.

i have very little experience with modding i did some VERY basic stuff for already dead ( chrome keeps changing that name -.-) then i joined the sundering team with the idea of learning as i went because they were suffering a severe lack of team members ... then real life hit me hard .. and they sort of needed people who could pull there weight and i disappeared i'm sorry if any of you see this .

Happens all the time. I'm not naive enough to think that there will be people willing to donate hours and hours of time; just possibles of people who may have an hour to help finish a name file for the Principality characters/generals. Bits if and when we have them needed.

i would offer up my free time for the simple jobs as my life has become a lot more sane lately where the phrase "free time" is actually a reality .. if you understand i am a noob who would end up in the mod workshop asking people stupid questions sooner rather than later then i'd help..
    Sure. Ask daft questions to your heart's content. There's defo room for bits and pieces...no one would be asking you to add factions or anything. It would be good to think up all the little bits that will be not seem important in modding terms, but vital in immersion...like faction-unique names, and names that cross several factions will bits unique and shared. PM me, or we can chat I guess on some platform or other.

[QUOTE=Namorath;13077243]sorry squeaks I would love to help but I only know how to play the games not the make them (reason why I will never ever criticize you for how long this has been in development)

as a history/poli sci major grad I could help write background historical stuff but it seems you guys got that all covered
    so I will just wait with zen like patience for release
    That's not necessarily the case you know. There are large areas that are noted but also uncovered in detail...might be odd, but nothing's not worth a peek.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Great.
    (Cant wait to play it, but I think... yes, IŽll wait )
    Good stuff...thanks. At least you know work on it has never broken down once...it's always been moving, so no real danger of death there...

Quote Originally Posted by the lightning legion View Post
    some of those names were a bit interesting like stairwell for instance
    The more humany factions have some names that are kind of like ones I know have developed through time in England....like STairwell; it's built on a hilltop, with stairs cut into it so you can reach the top, and the main wells are up there as it would be a right pig to walk up and down all the time...Applegate - famed for it's orchards...Paradigm for the Eastern Federation takes a little thinking...there's all sorts. I remember looking at all these English names when my parents took me to the Cotswolds etc; Upper and Lower Slaughter were the oddest, but there's so many that just mean wwhat they are and where they came from. It's nice to have a bit of a think.

but i look forward to busting the enemy on diakins wall as though they were dust
    The people of Diakin City are known as the Daikini; they are the only province of the Empire allowed to maintain Royalty. They also host the land of the Void Temple, so they're somewhat difficult to wipe out. Lots of people could die there.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Any release of a campaign would be amazing . Can't wait to play this mod..even without the bells and whistles.
    Besides an early release could only help to iron bugs out before full release.
    Amazing work on the map.
    Such a good time for mods, got De Bello Mundi and Rise of the three kingdoms out, and now hopefully we will be playing dragondawn soon too, Med 2 will live forever

Thanks Macrath.

Long live M2TW!!

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Its looking great Danny!

As promised....adding a map that should help

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

amazing.
    congratulations on such enormous work.
    (I feel like I am repeating myself, but its all I can say)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast