Thread: MOD LEADERS'S BULLETIN EDITION V:How things are going

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default MOD LEADERS'S BULLETIN EDITION V:How things are going

Hey all,

As bulletins go, I'm afraid this is likely to be a fairly boring one-no fancy pictures this time. The truth is that things haven't been moving nearly as quickly as any of us would have liked over the past few months, for various reasons. The db tables and balancing work have somewhat ground to a halt within sight of the final hurdle, since our resident db editor has some RL issues that mean he can't work on it right now. Obviously, without that we can't finish rosters off and otherwise sort things out. Other than that, we are still suffering from a serious shortage of people familiar with modelling and texturing for ETW. We do have two modellers currently beavering away very nicely (more on that later), but as it stands right now we don't have anyone sufficiently proficient to texture those models up and otherwise make them suitable for use in the mod. Ergo, if any of you can texture (or make models for that matter), please don't hesitate to get in touch, we DO need you! In fact, the same goes for the db tables, if anyone looking at this has the time/inclination/ability to help out, just drop me a line here or via pm or something .

Now, that's enough of the bad news . On a happier note, we expect to have the music pack (new music in both campaigns and battles) finished by the end of September. We also have the campaign map fleet ship model completed and textured, and, when I get back from my holiday in a couple of weeks, we are going to try to get that in-game, at which point I will certainly post pics of it. As far as the unit rosters are concerned, we haven't fully completed any since the last bulletin, but the eastern and Indian generic rosters are very nearly done from a modelling perspective, with the British and generic western rosters just starting off. Obviously, this is where extra modellers and texturers would come in really handy! The event images are also part-done-see the other thread I've just created for that.

Now, I've probably missed out quite a few things, so if you have any further questions, or comments, just pop them down here!

Default Re: MOD LEADERS'S BULLETIN EDITION V:How things are going

Godspeed, Tango.

If I had modding abilities, I would join your team in a heartbeat.

Well, you could help out in the event images thread I've put up, that doesn't require any kind of modding skill .

Brooklyn's Avatar Foederatus

Sorry to hear about the slow down, wish I knew something about modding so I could help.

Just wanted to let you know: although there is not much activity here, I am watching this mod on a daily basis - and I am pretty sure, many others do so, too.

Keep up the good work, donīt worry to take the time necessary, as quality is more important than a rushed release IMO.
    I am looking forward to seeing the results!

So are we, believe me.

After seeing all this talk about not being able to modify the map, I was just wondering if you've ever seen the "American Civil War: Brothers vs. Brothers" mod. From what I've seen they managed to make those empty bits of wilderness "claimable". I may be completely wrong though since I've only seen screenshots.

They use the warpath map to add regions in the Americas. It works well for them, after all they only need the North American continent, but it won't work for us as we need the global map.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango12345 View Post
    They use the warpath map to add regions in the Americas. It works well for them, after all they only need the North American continent, but it won't work for us as we need the global map.
    Ah ok, too bad.