Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Discussion Thread

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: 2013 NFL Season Thread

So much for the Steelers being a comeback team.

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    The Vikes are garbage. Christian Ponder is a failed experiment and we've sunk more than enough time in to figure that out. He's a career backup if that. Everyone looks at his stats last season but those were pure luck. There had to be 10-15 EASY INTs that just bounced off defenders hands. This year, reality is setting in quick and everyone and their mother is just making sure to stop AP and make the mornic Ponder beat them. I don't even know how it is possible but he looks even more indecisive and he just stares the whole play at the receiver he is throwing to. That last drive was just pathetic. Down by 4 with 40 seconds left and you're throwing 3-7 yard short passes???? If you're going to do that just kneel for the loss and stop wasting our time. Not only that, but defensively we are just horrible against the pass. Our DBs are just complete and utter garbage. Go TO the ball!!! They just sit there and watch the ball go into the receiver's hands planning their next move. GO TO THE BALL YOU ING MUPPETS!!!

Leslie Frazier has to bench that busted pick NOW. This is his last chance to cut his ties to that dead weight otherwise he needs to go with Ponder and even if he does bench him i'd say it's too late. , i'd try and trade the guy for a fifth round pick or something. Hell, maybe even try and do a swap for Freeman and see if a change of scenery helps him. Anything is worth a shot as this season is obviously a loss. Well, in my mind it was once we began the season Pondering who was gonna QB this team...
    What is troubling to me is the Defense, 469, 411,409. Yards given up by the D. 28,24,23 1st downs given up. 2 last min GW TD's given in up in basically the same spot. Losing by a 40 something yard FG ala Tex vs SD,fine. It happens, but come on TD's? Letting Bush/Bell torch you? Making Hoyer looking like Romo.(lots of yards and TD's, lots of mistakes but can win you the game)On the bright side they force turnovers but I still can't get the image out of my mind of the Browns QB moving down the field and looking like Brady throwing the game winner.(funny enough he was Bradys back up QB)

If Ponder butt fumbled or didn't know how to hold the ball for a chip shot or Sage Rosenfels ed it that would be something for me to be I guess more outraged about. He plays just mediocre enough for the Vikes to think "huh, we can fix this guy"
    which is him playing at his best, at worst is between Gabert, Sanchez,Flynn, Kevin Kobb ect.......(none of them having the best RB in the league either)
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Ponder looks like he gets scared in the pocket. He never stand is the pocket and finds somebody, he always runs to the outside, runs up the middle, throws a two yard pass, literally runs into the hands of a defender for a sack, or chucks up a 50 yard bomb that goes nowhere near anyone. He's like Michael Vick turning it over 3 times a game but cant pass or run as good. I defended him somewhat more than most but now I probably hate him as much as most because he single handedly is ing up games and losing them by himself.

Pnder never finds anyone because he stares at the guys he's gonna throw to from the second he gets the ball. He can't read defenses. And considering he his arm strength sucks, his accuracy sucks, he's smaller, and he only has mediocre speed...i mean, what exactly does he have going for him then??? He's not a jack-of-all-trades and isn't a master of a single one, which means he sucks. When Mel Kiper said, "This guy reminds me of Chad Pennington" i knew it was a bust. The last thing you want in a QB is for them to remind you of Chad Pennington!

Well he might have meant he will be a check down QB who turns into a decent football analyst.
    1962, 1989, 2002

I wouldn't say he has mediocre speed, he is definitely faster than most quarterbacks.

Indefinitely Banned

He is just a average QB, no more, no less.

Except he's much worse.

That's a relative statement anyways. Average starter? Hell no, not even close. Average backup? Maybe, probably not even that. He could fill in a couple games, but there would be no possibility of him excelling beyond that. He is horrible. If you cant succeed with these receivers, this line, and one of the best RBs ever; you just are a bad QB. Our offense is not that bad. Our O-line is decent, blocked for a 2,000 yard rusher, and Kalil is dominant. Rudolph is good. Jerome Simpson is whatever but he has Greg Jennings this year. Jarius Wright is decent and who knows about Corderrelle. So it's not like he is playing with no talent whatsoever. It's not like he's you know, playing with the Browns offense....

Indefinitely Banned

What do you guys think about Denver so far?

I think they have a pathetically easy schedule. They basically play one actual contender the entire year, being the Patriots, and after that the next best team is probably the Chiefs or Colts. Give me a break. They are going to be so favored in the playoffs and some team they play will probably beat them because they wont be ready for it. But all that aside they obviously are a great team with an amazing passing offense and some good playmakers on defense, they just need a real test.

Regular season doesn't matter for teams like them, Seahawks, GB, Falcons, Pats, and maybe another team or 2. Sure they will all lose a couple games but its about health at the end of the season and not running into a team that is hot. San Fran not as lucky this year with injuries and already struggling, they will still win 10+ games and get better as the season goes on.(unless more injuries)

Same with Pats, they had been lucky with injuries for the majority of there runs, losing players here and there but core players still up. With FA, off field issues and injuries this year they are struggling to beat 2 rookie QB's, 1 at home. Still are 3-0 though.
    Denver can go 16-0, Peyton can throw for 50+ TD's but unless they win the SB its all for naught. Simple as that.
    1962, 1989, 2002

I'm more using their regular season schedule because I know they will breeze through it and people will favor the crap out of them, and ESPN will be all over their dick, and I find that very annoying because like you said regular season doesn't matter for teams like them especially with the teams they played. But once the playoffs come round, they'll come down to Earth. Seahawks will be the same, and they'll be put in their place too in the playoffs.

I am hoping the AFC North brings the Denver and Pats teams down to earth. I like there style of play and always root for them to knock out pass happy somewhat soft teams.

Pitts and Ravens have done it over the years making sure those others team earn there trip to the SB, now perhaps Cinncy will be the guardian of the gate,the bouncer at the club.
    1962, 1989, 2002

Or maybe by the grace of god, the Browns.

Indefinitely Banned

Maybe the Texans ?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔The Black Knight♔ View Post
    Or maybe by the grace of god, the Browns.
    Yah thanks alot, they kept my Vikes from getting to the SB!
    1962, 1989, 2002

Hey Matt Cassel is starting. Well see if he can redeem the vikings offence against a pretty solid steelers defence.

Colts got a pretty easy game coming up. Get the win and prepare for Seattle.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the Vikings play now that Cassell is starting, really want to see if it moves the ball better than with Ponder, which I think and hope it will.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Well giants season is over. Eli looks like garbage now, they're incapable of getting so much as a field goal, the defense is abysmal as usual. Well, we had a good run those two super bowls but I honestly don't see them being good again for quite a while now.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian