Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Discussion Thread

Default Re: 2013 NFL Season Thread

Gawd, after the first half of the Philly-Washington game, I wanted to bury my head in the sand. By the time the Redskins righted the ship in the second half, it was a case of too little, too late.

If this had been a Week 2 game, and they'd had some film on Kelly's offense, it might not have felt like they were getting bum rushed like they were tonight.

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔The Black Knight♔ View Post
    Sadly, living in ohio with TWC means i only get to see the stupid Browns game instead of the colts. Weeden is making me cry. Scratch that, the Browns offence is making me cry.

Anyways do you think Terrel Pryer(spelling) will do well the rest of the year? . I saw that they almost beat my colts
    The Raiders will be lucky if Pryor makes it through half the season before being knocked out by a Defensive player running full speed at him.

I think that game says more about how limited the Colts are and dependent on Luck to do everything.

Eagles vs Wash was a fun game to watch, I was rooting for Chip Kelly to stick the finger to all the doubters who commented on many of his coaching moves saying: "This is NFL, College no work here".

RG3 wasn't right and both he and Vick took a good number of hits. Wonder how long they make in the season.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

Chip has to adjust to the change in game atmosphere/limitations. I was blown away after the 1st quarter and how successful the rapid eagle offense was led. By the end everyone just looked shot out. Eagles have to be able to turn the rapid no huddle offense on and off. RG3 started to get into a groove but his time off the field showed. Redskins all looked like they've been off the field. Neither team stopped the pass well.

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

For the 1st try at a new head coach and system on the road I thought it went very well, also Redskins D players started dropping when the pace became to much which slowed down Philly. I wonder how the NFL will handle that when it happens more often.
    1962, 1989, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Angrychris View Post
    Eagles have to be able to turn the rapid no huddle offense on and off. RG3 started to get into a groove but his time off the field showed. Redskins all looked like they've been off the field. Neither team stopped the pass well.
    Hmm...Washington's D couldn't stop the pass? Sounds awfully familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio Afracanis View Post
    For the 1st try at a new head coach and system on the road I thought it went very well, also Redskins D players started dropping when the pace became to much which slowed down Philly. I wonder how the NFL will handle that when it happens more often.
    Now that teams have some game film on how Philly runs their offense, they'll adjust as the season progresses, just like they've adjusted in learning to contain the read-option.

Washington did something right (or maybe they didn't) at halftime, because the Eagles ran less than half the number of plays in the second half, thus decreasing scoring opportunities. Truth be told though, when I saw the score at the half, 26-7, it left me thinking of a similar beatdown Philly gave Washington on MNF three years ago, 59-28. Glad the Redskins stopped the bleeding, but damned if Philly didn't make their point early on.

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

I'm kind of glad that the Vikings weren't the only team that played like total crap last week.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Eli's receivers have had too many batted INTS the past few years. I remember the year he had 25 like the first ten or so were tipped by his receivers. I can't believe that comeback fell short on a tipped INT. I hate the Cowboys so much and it was a pain to witness.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

the most boring Thursday night football I have ever seen.

It had horrible reception and Maynock kept saying the same thing all game, god does he make Gruden sound great.
    1962, 1989, 2002

They should really stop the Thursday night games. I don't really remember any that I thought were good and it's hard on the teams and players to play on a short week like that.

If you rep me leave your name and I'll rep you back!

Wow...uhhh...there's not much a Redskins fan can say right now, other than "THEY ING SUCK!".

Defense gives up 300+ yards passing and 3 TDs by the middle of the 2nd quarter, and the offense, what offense? Before last week, I was thinking 10-6 season, but after that and this, I'm seeing 7-9, 6-10 are more liking possibilities.

Update: Jeez...nice if Washington's offense could show up before the second half, because the game's outta reach when they can't stay on the field in the first half, leaving the defense to shoulder the burden, and give up a ton of yards in the process.

Moreso than last week, I'm ashamed to call myself a Redskins fan when they give 600+ yards of offense. Add that to the 450 they gave up last week, and they've given up nearly...get this, almost 1,100 yards in two games.

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

What a ing letdown..... 3 drives in the redzone, 2 were 1st in goal, cant get in on any of them. Bears go 70 yards in 2 minutes with no opposition and make it look like any human being could have pulled it off. Vikings played a very good 2nd half but couldn't get in the endzone if their life depended on it. Could you have really pictured the Vikings stopping the Bears final drive after failing themselves to get in on 3 straight drives, no they would have ed that up every single time given the chance.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Wow the refs in the Manning bowl are just ing terrible. I never checked, why are the replacement refs back? Since you know, the regular refs never ever in the history of the league have made a single mistake.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Even with the bad refs, the broncos look as good as ever.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

I can't deny their offence is impressive, but the giants' defense is also pretty damned ing awful yet still for some reason you never hear people being disgruntled at Fewell's incompetence.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Quote Originally Posted by ♔The Black Knight♔ View Post
    Even with the bad refs, the broncos look as good as ever.
    There was a time (before the season) that 'Skins fans were looking forward to their games against the Broncos and the 49ers. With today's game firmly under their belt, it's safe to say we're now dreading these games when they come up, because there's a real chance that Manning and Kaepernick could repeat Rodgers' performance, if something isn't figured out quick.

Delete.

Heh how do you think i feel with the colts. Looks like this is going to be a rebuilding year with the lack of tallent everywhere except Andrew Luck. They better pull it together otherwise you can kiss any chance at the playoffs this year. It is Houston's place to lose.

Bills - 1 Ron Rivera's late game choking ability - Timeless.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

Surprising= Colts losing against Miami. Bills beating Panthers and Chargers looking pretty decent after 2 weeks.(Should have beat Texans and a good win on the road against Philly)

Expected: GB drowning Washington in TD's, Seahawks dismantling of San Fran. Vikes playing horrible and great all in the same game.

I think Cinny is going to destroy Pitts. but the NFL rarely works in those ways, Lets see if Steelers punch Bengals in the mouth and get the upset.
    1962, 1989, 2002