Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Discussion Thread

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: 2013 NFL Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Simonyi de Vitézvár View Post
    What do you guys think about Big Ben?
    He is fine, his offensive line hasn't been good in awhile, no run game and there D has been free falling the last couple of years. 2 decent options in his WR corp and an aging TE.

Also Lions smacked Billy and Tommy boys team around something fierce.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Doesn't much look like the football gods are loving the Redskins right now. Cousins tweeking his knee against Pittsburgh, Crawford tearing his LCL last night against Buffalo, and Thomas out 4-5 months with a Lisfranc injury, this team's getting bit by the injury bug and we're not out of preseason yet. This trend keeps up, the 'Skins are in for a long season.

Overall though, Redskins had a decent game last night by racking up 450 yards, the 'but' in this sentence is that it was against the Bills. With one game remaining in the preseason, I think they should consider keeping Pat White and dropping Grossman when roster cuts come, since White's proving he's hungry for the job while Grossman just looks to be going through the motions. Seriously, who else would be knocking down Grossman's door if we were to cut him? If the situation came where we needed a backup to warm the bench 3 months from now, Grossman would be sitting at home, since no other team would bother to call.

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Vikings offense looking so very unimpressive these preseason games. Either way, that team should almost be better without a doubt this year, so I'm still excited for this season.

No AP= not the Vikes offense. Although losing our FB for 3 games sucks........
    1962, 1989, 2002

Indefinitely Banned

I think the Broncos will have a tough season this year.

'Sup guys. I hope everybody is ready for the Bears to win the superbowl this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RZZZA View Post
    'Sup guys. I hope everybody is ready for the Bears to win the superbowl this year.
    I'm not sure the Bears really much better. I feel like their offense should be slightly better and the defense around the same but wont get as many turnovers as last year.

lol

congrats on claiming J'Marcus Webb. he's sure to make your team better

EDIT: That's funny, I didn't know anything about that. I thought you were combining Jamarcus Russell and Joe Webb.
    Last edited by jukeness; September 02, 2013 at 11:21 AM.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

I know it's late but Peyton with 7 TDs was just nasty.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

This board seems less and less active every year. I think it's a little odd that the Vikings are being picked to lose to the Lions, even if it is in Detroit. Detroit's receivers other than Johnson are terrible, Burleson is old now, and their running game will still suck, even with Bush, also Stafford looked like crap in the preseason. I believe the Vikings are equal if not better on offense and have a better defense. Hopefully the young secondary doesn't up and leave someone wide open or make too many mistakes. I think people are picking against the Vikings just because of Ponder.

Last year we had nap and that nonsense.

A lot of people left the forum after the swap to v4.

Rome II just came out, we'll see some activity during the season most likely.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

Vikings open up the season with a tremendous up of a game. These games occur every season and entirely too often, and their will be another game like this without a doubt from the Vikings this season. This drive sums up the game: middle of the 4th quarter, Vikes down by 3 just got a good defensive stop and are driving on their own 40, Ponder goes to hand it off, trips still tries to hand it off and fumbles, Lions recover. Lions go 3 and out, forced to punt but Guion late hits Stafford, drive continues. Lions go 3 and out again, but a pointless hold on Calvin Johnson keeps drive alive and Lions score a touchdown. Completely ruined the game, by the way Vikings did the same thing right before halftime and let up a touchdown. Not to mention the entire defense and blocking was horrendous.

Saying the Lions didn't have a run game was silly Juke, they signed the exact kind of back that flourishes in there system(ala Best) adding that to the best WR in the game. If there 3 main offensive cogs can stay healthy they can beat anybody imo on any given day. Also the Vikes always do bad against those kinds of backs.
    1962, 1989, 2002

Well they couldn't block for crap last year, and I didn't figure they'd give it to Bush all that much. Either way, the Vikings made too many crucial mistakes to win.

Understandable, Bush in Miami with no other offense around him proved to be a good back that can make plays running and catching even though I thought they used him wrong.

The year the lions made the playoffs they had a glimpse of the type of RB they need who unfortunately got hurt and never came back right.

So adding exactly what they need with a back who could handle that kind of load(which he can) I thought would work well for them.

Pryor looked half way decent against a bad Colts D, Manuel made Brady throw it 50+ times and Smith gets shoved and turns a 63 yard FG into a 48 game winner.

Willams screwed Panthers out of a win. That was depressing to watch since I don't care for Seattle.
    1962, 1989, 2002

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Hurray, another season of God awful absolutely worst officiating in the entire universe of sports referees, inconsistent Eli, and horrific embarrassing defense. Oh well, only a few more weeks until I can stop being annoyed by baseball and move onto being annoyed by hockey.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    Hurray, another season of God awful absolutely worst officiating in the entire universe of sports referees, inconsistent Eli, and horrific embarrassing defense. Oh well, only a few more weeks until I can stop being annoyed by baseball and move onto being annoyed by hockey.
    You must not watch basketball.

Giants will be FINE. They always either start hot or cold. They lost the season opener in embarrassing fashion to the Skins in 11' and ended up being pretty damn good.

Iggles offense is just insane right now. Chip is going to shatter offensive records.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Eh all I saw yesterday was more of the same from last year.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Sadly, living in ohio with TWC means i only get to see the stupid Browns game instead of the colts. Weeden is making me cry. Scratch that, the Browns offence is making me cry.

Anyways do you think Terrel Pryer(spelling) will do well the rest of the year? . I saw that they almost beat my colts
    Last edited by ♔The Black Knight♔; September 09, 2013 at 09:20 PM.