Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Discussion Thread

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: 2013 NFL Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by I WUB PUGS View Post
    Well. I didn't hear anyone (seriously) talking about the Ravens going all the way even in week 1 of the playoffs. Every AFC nut was all up on the Pats and Broncos nuts. So the Ravens were a surprise to me.

Same here. I never thought Ravens would have did what they did. I think some of these teams with a young QB could make it, maybe even the 49'ers, we'll see. But don't count out the old guys just yet.

Yea, it breaks my heart that people are always so adament about the Pats. I will give them this though, patriots fans are pretty hardcore lol

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Like I have been saying in the NFL threads for the last couple years, Pats=Overrated.

Winning double digit wins every year and making the playoffs is hard and I give them credit for that but winning the SB is another ball of wax. They are a one trick pony and in this NFL ERA that doesn't fly. There D needs to get considerably better or go on a magical run where they stiffen up for a couple of games(Ala Colts SB)/cause alot of turnovers to make up for there pretty shoddy D(ala Saints SB even though they cheated there way there).

Agree on the Ravens getting and winning the SB with very few if any here were predicting/cheering for them. I thought Broncos would meet San fran in the SB.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus Almighty View Post
    Yea, it breaks my heart that people are always so adament about the Pats. I will give them this though, patriots fans are pretty hardcore lol
    Most patriots fans are the opposite of "hardcore". They root for the team because all they know about them is "Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Three rings" and fail to realize that they were a laughing stock for decades before hand. They think they're always going to win because of Brady and the hoody. That's not being a hardcore fan, that's ing arrogance.

And it bursts this year. That defense got almost no better and the offense is going to take a step back. And with QB's, there is no gradual decline over time like every other position, you just fall off a cliff one year and never come back.

They don't have the defense to win anything significant, they're a good team. They aren't a great team, and once they stop winning at an absurd clip because of a schedule any team would roll 8 wins out of, nobody will go to the games because they'll latch onto the next "dynasty" team.

Two days .

And on EJ Manuel, his career will go one of two ways. Either he shows that who he was at FSU wa a result of him, or a result of Jimbo. And if it's a result of Jimbo, NFL coaching can turn him into a great QB, if it was on him, he'll burn out in the most horrifying of ways and we'll pick a QB in the top 3 next season because there is no freaking way Kevin Kolb plays more than one game this year.

I have absolutely no faith in the kid, but we'll see what happens.
    Last edited by frozenprince; August 02, 2013 at 11:32 PM.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

s.rwitt's Avatar Shamb Conspiracy Member

Matt Schaub ing sucks. How bad does he suck? He's worse than Romo. That's how much he sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    Matt Schaub ing sucks. How bad does he suck? He's worse than Romo. That's how much he sucks.
    All of your opinions concerning football should be disregarded due to the fact that you are a Cowboys fan and thus obviously have (at best) suspect judgement.
    (Patron of Lord Rahl)

OBJECTIVELY SPEAKING:

Matt Schaub sucks.

Now kiss the rings, plz.

Child please.

Your supreme overlord for life.
    Last edited by MadBurgerMaker; August 03, 2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: better photo
    (Patron of Lord Rahl)

Luckily that (life) won't be much longer.

At least that's what I've been praying for since adolescence

The thought that he isn't actually human and will outlive all of us by thousands of years has crossed my mind. That would be hilarious.
    (Patron of Lord Rahl)

NO IT MOST CERTAINLY WOULD NOT

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

dub

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

aren't you a Panthers fan?
    Last edited by s.rwitt; August 03, 2013 at 08:40 PM.

Yes!

Whenever Kevin Kolb is injured they just need to write "Kevin Kolb" on the injury report.

s sake.

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

Enjoy FP, enjoy:

My favorite is the last one. Staring down the same receiver the whole time. Good thing it was against doo doo NIU. "Tools guy" right.

OMG I'm sick of even hearing EJ Manuels name. It's a good thing sports center won't care when he fails. They'll prolly just play some other Heat highlight....

No dude, it is in my opinion that any fan that can be irrationally down for their team is hardcore, arrogant or not. . Your mistaken if by Patriots fans being "hardcore" you think I imply that the notions of being a "hardcore"Patriots fan AND a football fan, are synonomous.

you Pugs.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH the next three years are going to suck.

We have double retard Josh Freeman now.