Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Discussion Thread

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: 2013 NFL Season Thread

Great job Panthers!

Not a pretender like KC, a team that plays D against quality opponents, can win on the road and grind out games at home.

Hate Saints and i hope Carolina beats them down and either them or 49ers come out of the NFC.( Seahawks while your at it)
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

First time I've laughed to the point of suffocation in a very, very long time.

Well played.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

I dont think he should of got fined or penalized for the brees hit. Have to strike fear into these elite quarterbacks but the guys arm is so large that it covers half of the passers upper body.

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

It's just ridiculous now. I'm tired of the league making it harder and harder for defenders to hit players without being fined.

If you rep me leave your name and I'll rep you back!

Feel the same way but the rate of injuries to all players, how many QB's went down already this year? Got to be more than a dozen, those are the star attraction so they are doing there best to keep them up. If people want more hits and less protection, expand the rosters and every team get 5 QB's or more for the season. Teams can lose star players every other game but they have more to replace them so who cares. By week 16 the NFL would have given new starting jobs to a couple hundred more players. Win Win.
    1962, 1989, 2002

Indefinitely Banned

I'm betting the Saints will get the win tonight over the Falcons!

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Apparently the Colts are the most liked team on here, but where are my fellow Colts fans at? Gonna sit here and let people blaspheme and say RW3 is better than AL12? LOL, oh well, guess they are of the (right) thinking that we dont need to explain anything, just watch the games and its apparent.

Did you literally ignore the mountains of evidence I just posted? Empirical statistical evidence?

Typical. "Just watch the games hurr" yeah. That vaunted "Eye test". Wilson passes it. He goes through his reads quickly, he operates the pocket well, he's got a missile launcher for an arm on can throw from any place on the field.

I'm sorry that you don't like that there's players for other teams that are better than the players on your team. But hey you can totes just ignore all that I posted and scream the eye test. I'm still right.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Lol NaptownKnight. Get a grip. Andrew Luck is good, not that good.

I'm a Giants fan, but I don't go around spouting nonsense that Eli's the best player in the league (especially not this year). I don't get why you're getting so angry when you're clearly wrong.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

andrew luck, patton manning, drew brees, cam newton, and foles are my top 5 qb currently at this point in the season but not in any particular order.

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

Rodgers to that list because the Packers are a garbage team without him and a potential SB contender with him.
    1962, 1989, 2002

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Tie game........man, the Vikings played HORRIBLE, I'm really surprised they didn't lose after how garbage they became in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrychris View Post
    andrew luck, patton manning, drew brees, cam newton, and foles are my top 5 qb currently at this point in the season but not in any particular order.
    Wouldn't put Foles on that list just yet. The QB who'd thrown 11 TDs in three weeks, couldn't throw one against possibly the pass-defense in the league last week. It's normally expected. if you've thrown for 300 yards. having at least 1-3 TDs would be decent.

Naptown, I never wanna hear about how Andrew Luck is better than Wilson ever again. He looked like absolute trash today. And since you love the meaningless comparisons. He looked like crap against a defense that Wilson lit up like a Christmas tree.

While Luck did play bad, the cardinals game wasn't going to be easy in the first place. I imagine the if russel wilson played this defence, (which have been on fire since their last lost) now, he would have a much tougher time.

Not only that but indys secondary couldnt do crap. Carson Palmer looked amazing out with over 300 passing yards. Thats sad.

I'm not taking anything away from that Cardinal's defense. That's a superbowl caliber defense right there. I'v been saying for three years that if you give them even competent QB play, they're superbowl contenders. But if someone, like Naptown, is saying Andrew Luck is not only as good as Peyton Manning, but is LEAGUE MVP. I expect him to average more than 3.5 YPA against the Cards. He should at least have some throws that weren't high, or mis placed, or mis-timed. He looked shakey, he looked uncomfortable, and he looked like a second year QB playing a defense that was way above what he could handle.

He's a great young QB with a lot of potential. But right now it's clear that he's got a lot he has to work on. So does Wilson. But RIGHT NOW, Wilson is playing better.
    Last edited by frozenprince; November 24, 2013 at 08:15 PM.

I still think Luck is the better QB overall, Wilson has a vastly better team, did last year and will next year. He doesn't have to do as much and has more room for error. The colts whole team is Andrew Luck. Colts can't lean on there D and/or Lynch if Wilson is struggling.(which he has plenty of times this season)

Sure looking at there stats and the teams records Wilson looks alot better now and maybe will for the rest of the season. Seahawks team was picked as a SB favorite because of there QB, D, and running game plus getting Harvin.(They were winning even without Harvin and Rice has done little this season and they are still 9-1)
    1962, 1989, 2002

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

I have no idea what kind of deals with various supernatural entities Ron Rivera made to actually become a good coach, but I'm glad he did. He's my COY right now after 2 straight losses from the Chiefs.

ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

DekuTrash's Avatar Human Directional
    Content Emeritus

Well...at least the Chiefs lost today.