Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Discussion Thread

Default Re: 2013 NFL Season Thread

Not going to abandon my team, but damn, it'd feel good to be a Panthers fan right now. Not so much due to their 8-game winning streak, but because they know how to 'win'.

Indefinitely Banned

Panthers are doing pretty good. I hope they can keep it up!

DekuTrash's Avatar Human Directional
    Content Emeritus

I'm thinking 14-2 is a real possibility for the Broncos and I'm pulling for Peyton to break Brady's td record! Hopefully the Pats come to town for another classic with the Broncos coming away with the win of course.

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by frozenprince View Post
    *coughcough* someone said it was a retarded trade the day they made it.

There was a lone voice of reason, yes I remember that. Not sure who it was...........
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

To be fair, it's difficult for any player to jump into a new system and be successful mid season. I'm waiting to see how he does next season before I write him off as a total bust.

If you rep me leave your name and I'll rep you back!

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

jets beat some top tier teams and looks at them.

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

Slydessertfox's Avatar Vicarius

Looking at the playoff picture, I think the chiefs will play the bengals in the first round. I think they can win that game and then that sets them up for a great game in Denver.

Btw for those wondering I am a bucs fan but I have also been a fan of Alex smith and Andy Reid, so with the bucs season done this year, I'm pulling for the chiefs.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Obviously the Giants are going to go 5-0 and make the playoffs.

Obviously.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    Skol Vikings? I proclaim that to be the most ridiculous game of the year.
    I can't even watch these stooges anymore. We're going to win enough games that we miss out on a good QB and it's going to set our franchise back big time. Another chance to move up the draft board and we effed it all up! I just hope that Christian Ponder can get healthy and start again next week and play the whole game.

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    I can't even watch these stooges anymore. We're going to win enough games that we miss out on a good QB and it's going to set our franchise back big time. Another chance to move up the draft board and we effed it all up! I just hope that Christian Ponder can get healthy and start again next week and play the whole game.
    There will be 3 quarterbacks worthy of a top 10 pick: Bridgewater, Hundley and Carr, we'll be able to get one of them, so I wouldn't worry too much. I hope we end up getting Carr over Hundley if they are both sill there. Carr would be sweet.
    Last edited by jukeness; December 02, 2013 at 10:12 PM.

Wow, I was majorly impressed with the Seahawks defense tonight, and I rarely am.

Indefinitely Banned

I am surprised by the Saints, they sure got demolished.

xcorps's Avatar Praefectus

Yes indeed. I thought the Hawks would win in a close game. I didn't think they would be able to make the Saints look bad. Especially with 2 corners down. Sherman is still a punk (that late hit on the guy in the endzone when he wasn't even part of the play)but DAMN he's a good corner.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

good defense and loud undefeated home turf

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Panthers, Search and Destroy Mission this week.

Target: The Saints fans hope in there team.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by HunterKYA View Post
    Not going to abandon my team, but damn, it'd feel good to be a Panthers fan right now. Not so much due to their 8-game winning streak, but because they know how to 'win'.
    It does feel good to be a Panthers fan right now.

And we know how to win because we have so much practice losing close games over the previous 2 seasons that we finally figured out how to not do it.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    It does feel good to be a Panthers fan right now.

And we know how to win because we have so much practice losing close games over the previous 2 seasons that we finally figured out how to not do it.
    At least if the Panthers make the playoffs, Rivera won't have to worry about being on the hot seat another season, that is, if he proves this streak is more than luck.

As for the 'Skins, the only 'winnable' game they have left, and I say 'winnable' with a grain of salt, is probably Atlanta. The coaching staff will be too far gone to save their jobs, and the players have all but thrown in the towel. There's gonna be a total shakeup through the organization, from coaches to players, that the team will be in rebuilding mode again. Rebuilding mode...'Skins have become synonymous with that term the past 20 years. Unless they can find a coach that can revamp the team in the span of one off-season, like Chip Kelly in Philly, it's another 4-5 years in the house for us.

WOW. One of the worst calls without a doubt I've ever seen from the officials. Gerhart's knee CLEARLY down, shouldn't have even been a doubt, but somehow doesn't get reversed. I cant comprehend how that doesn't get reversed, really a failure on their part.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Eagles/lions game is hilarious and awesome.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Damn, I don't get that game. Do you guys know any live streams or something I could watch it from? The snow looks way more interesting than Jets vs. Oakland.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR