Thread: Slight issue with command stars

DizzyRainbow's Avatar Libertus

Icon3 Slight issue with command stars

Hey Guys

Before I begin, please dont take this as me demanding change or anything like that, I do really enjoy this mod, it's effectively going to kill off my weeknights quite efficiently, in fact it has been doing so already!

Could someone clarify how the command stars work? I've been playing as Liaodong and after Gongsun Kang got assassinated (along with 5 of my 8 total family members in three turns) I have no young, or even middle aged generals, with any command stars.

some have Bios but I've been getting heroic victory after victory (resting in towns in between) with one general called Gongsun Yun and he hasn't earned one star or trait beyond the temporary 'disorganised' and the occasional 'Slightly Ill'.

Is this intentional? The only issue i feel that it brings to me overall is that it feels like it's only worth playing factions with either young family members or one of the major three but it would be shame to miss out on other ones in order to make my own 'heroes'.

Apologies for the rant, I'm sure i'm probably just doing something wrong anyway...

Dizzy

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Slight issue with command stars

Nah, it's not a rant. It doesn't appear as though the thresholds for increasing Leadership, Attack, and Defense (and by extension Command Stars) is attainable. I think this was designed this way because of all of the historic characters, but it really screws over adopted and MotH characters. I will have a look at it for a future patch, but it won't be the next patch because I am working on some scripts at the moment.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: Slight issue with command stars

I understand wanting to keep the historical characters "in character" but I think some kind of balance should be reached. I have had a "man of the hour" event twice and was looking forward to building up a character but found I couldn't. Will have to discuss this in the dev. forum.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER