• Swansea City

0 0%
  • Tottenham Hotspurs

2 2.74%
  • West Bromwich Albion

1 1.37%
  • West Ham United

3 4.11%
Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6314647484950515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1297

Thread: 2013/14 English Premier League: General Discussion

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Default Re: 2013/14 English Premier League: General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by John ''True Grit'' Wayne View Post
    Moyes sacked
    Rumour right now but 5 live was saying earlier that it is from twitter feed of the same Manchester based journalists who broke that Fergie was leaving last year. So maybe not officially announced but the rumour does appear to be based in strong foundations. I think their logic is that we know we need to spend more money in summer, but do we want £200m spent by the same man who spent £50m on Felaini and Mata (though I reckon Mata will come good, not so sure on Felaini).

Quote Originally Posted by Azog 150 View Post

Being bought by a Russian oligarch an underdog story does not make
    If Russian buy club he is an oligarch but when American buy it, he is a businessmen. More hypocrisy please!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    If Russian buy club he is an oligarch but when American buy it, he is a businessmen. More hypocrisy please!
    Actually Stan Kroenke is an ********. Most Gooners would swap him for our own Russian oligarch any day. Sadly it looks like it's too late for us to really benefit from a take over as the FFP seems to be starting to (slowly) be brought to bare..

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    No, the Glazers aren't oligarchs, they are vultures.

Story with Moyes is odd; Sacking apparently decided in febuary - due to contract clauses. If Man Utd don't reach CL, they'll only have to pay a 1 year compensation during his first two years in charge.

So just the 9m then.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; April 21, 2014 at 05:27 PM.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

I don't think he's a terrible coach and I don't hate the man, just not the right man for the job.

Blog Entries

Will the next guy (probably Hiddink) be given the £100-200m to rebuild that team?. Moyes could have done it at the lower end but they didn't back him in the summer. Now confidence is shattered, half the team are leaving, the fans are disillusioned and to cap it all Liverpool are going to win the title (in all probability)...

and the worst part about it is Chelsea gave their double player-of-the-year to help them get started! because for some reason, Oscar, who spent the Sunderland match kicking balls into the crowd, and Willian, who can dribble well.. and... that's it, were clearly the superior players at the start of the season? i have not yet come close to thinking that if Oscar and Willian suffered an injury, Chelsea's season would be over, but that was exactly what i was thinking the whole time with Mata when he wasn't being benched.

G-Megas-Doux's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    No, the Glazers aren't oligarchs, they are vultures.

Story with Moyes is odd; Sacking apparently decided in febuary - due to contract clauses. If Man Utd don't reach CL, they'll only have to pay a 1 year compensation during his first two years in charge.

So just the 9m then.
    The only way for that to be even remotely the reason would be if they had a huge insurance package for not reaching the champions league. Manchester United are heavy leveraged for Champions League income and stock market share income. If United are not making money then shares cannot be bled off for high amounts of money and the creditors would close in. Moyes failing to get United into Europe which he is on the verge of doing would have meant that sacking him at Christmas would have been financially better for United (including any golden handshake) then letting him ruin the season completely. This season financially will prove to be an unmitigated disaster and give Manchester United a very real danger of going bankrupt.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Was looking for a Morrowind sig to use as big fan of the game found this from here so crediting from source http://paha13.deviantart.com/art/Morrowind-259489058

Also credit avatar from.
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/nickyart2/Avatars/Page2.htm

Blog Entries

I read recently that Utd plan to hold 'Euro friendlies' if they fail to qualify for Europe, to keep the money rolling in. I doubt the 'biggest club in the world' would go bankrupt that easily.

G-Megas-Doux's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    I read recently that Utd plan to hold 'Euro friendlies' if they fail to qualify for Europe, to keep the money rolling in. I doubt the 'biggest club in the world' would go bankrupt that easily.
    Yeah I remember it being talking about in the champions league coverage. However that depends entirely on how much they can get for the broadcast rights. Also the worse United play the less people will watch and the less the games are worth. Euro friendlies can only work for one season as it would not be worth it if United got hammered in them and could not qualify for ECL. Also the debt is still very large and will get worse during the rebuild.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Was looking for a Morrowind sig to use as big fan of the game found this from here so crediting from source http://paha13.deviantart.com/art/Morrowind-259489058

Also credit avatar from.
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/nickyart2/Avatars/Page2.htm

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

And in today's least expected event, Moyes has now officially been sacked.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...vid-moyes.aspx

I want to apply for the position if there's no takers yet.
    Last edited by LestaT; April 22, 2014 at 03:56 AM.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Indefinitely Banned

I never heard Jose blaming any Chelsea player when we lose. In fact he most of the time congratulate them on effort they have made and congratulate the opponent too
    he blamed his strikers including 50 million Torres and Eto (former world African player of the year) and that guy they signed from Newcastle who used to score loads for them.He let a striker go to Everton on loan and that guy is scoring for Everton.Saying he has no strikers is a cop out.How are the guys meant to feel when he says that about them.He also mocked Eto off camera and said he was too old.(why buy him then)..If Jose has no strikers then why not buy them last summer.It is his fault.He mocked Arsene Wenger and called him a failure etc and has mocked every club in the league this year.He deserves it back.He tried to gouge the eye out of a Barcelona coaching staff member and kicked Fabragas while he was on the ground too injured.I can post images and videos of these events if needed.

He congratulated the ref also and he was sarcastic.Trying to shift the blame onto the ref for the defeat even though his player should have been sent off for a vicious elbow.Anders Frisk retired over him and death threats.Too often Refs get the blame but we all see players falling to the ground trying to con the ref.They are to blame for the cheating and the managers.This cheating was not happening in the 70s when men were men.Look at Rugby players or boxers or GAA or any other sport and they do not fall around like footballers.A bunch of over paid wimps.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

I am conflicted on the sacking of Moyes.

The team he inherited was in bad need of refurbishment as Ferguson had failed to renew the defence and only managed to keep the midfield together thanks to Wayne Rooney playing at his best when he's requesting a transfer.

But Moyes seem unable to realize that he really iswas the new manager and responsible to recreate the team. Ferguson never built United as a possession based team and I seriously doubt that this disaster would have happened if Moyes had done a Tony Pulis, gone back to basics and only allowed the hungriest players to start. Then he could have built from there and seen if it was Nani, Kagawa, Rooney, Van Persie, Valencia, Januzaj, Mata, Hernandez or Welbeck who were best suited to provide offensive flair.
    Last edited by Adar; April 22, 2014 at 03:59 AM.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Was he sacked or he leave on his own ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I am conflicted on the sacking of Moyes.

The team he inherited was in bad need of refurbishment as Ferguson had failed to renew the defence and only managed to keep the midfield together thanks to Wayne Rooney playing at his best when he's requesting a transfer.

But Moyes seem unable to realize that he really iswas the new manager and responsible to recreate the team. Ferguson never built United as a possession based team and I seriously doubt that this disaster would have happened if Moyes had done a Tony Pulis, gone back to basics and only allowed the hungriest players to start. Then he could have built from there and seen if it was Nani, Kagawa, Rooney, Van Persie, Valencia, Januzaj, Mata, Hernandez or Welbeck who were best suited to provide offensive flair.
    His signings were off from the start though - Fellaini was off form for months and Everton still got a fee above 30m. That fee had to be spent on a more reliable defense to get the basics right on the niveau Man Utd are expected to perform. That said, Fergusons transfers post-2006 leave a lot to be desired too and saw him invest an accumulated fee of 82m on Phil Jones, Ashley Young, Nani, Antonio Valencia.

Post-january events appeared desperate desperation - Mata doesn't fit his system, was used out wide and the 300k Rooney contract-til-retirement was mindboggling but he had to take action.

I suppose he can't be blamed for not inheriting SAF sharpness that could turn his mediocre side into champions. More the case of the boardroom completly mishandling the situation.

Does anyone know the current debt level? Reports vary from 344m "official" to 670m "inofficial" debt. Going with G-Megas, a season without european income could see them succumbing below the so-often mocked Arsenal.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

So Giggs will the care-taker. Who knows if he performs well then he could be permanent. Moyes fault is maybe he didn't have enough medals on his own compared to the most junior first team players and those that have been in the team for so many years have more medals than him. Even his assistant Phil Neville had more medals than Moyes.

Indefinitely Banned

They left a gun with a single bullet on the table for Moyes and a piece of paper and a pen.He was made a offer he could not refuse.

I am upset as a Liverpool fa that Moyes has gone.He would have got Man U relegated next yr lol

300k Rooney contract-til-retirement was mindboggling
    Rooney was playing great till he signed that contract then he went back to being in bad form.I think he was playing for that contract now they are stuck with him.He is 30 and his fitness will drop.I think they should have let him go.
    Last edited by John ''True Grit'' Wayne; April 22, 2014 at 04:38 AM.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    His signings were off from the start though - Fellaini was off form for months and Everton still got a fee above 30m. That fee had to be spent on a more reliable defense to get the basics right on the niveau Man Utd are expected to perform. That said, Fergusons transfers post-2006 leave a lot to be desired too and saw him invest an accumulated fee of 82m on Phil Jones, Ashley Young, Nani, Antonio Valencia.

Post-january events appeared desperate desperation - Mata doesn't fit his system, was used out wide and the 300k Rooney contract-til-retirement was mindboggling but he had to take action.

I suppose he can't be blamed for not inheriting SAF sharpness that could turn his mediocre side into champions. More the case of the boardroom completly mishandling the situation.

Does anyone know the current debt level? Reports vary from 344m "official" to 670m "inofficial" debt. Going with G-Megas, a season without european income could see them succumbing below the so-often mocked Arsenal.
    I really have no idea of what went on in the United office during the summer but I do not think Mata was a bad signing. He is a hugely talented Nr 10 and can play there for a long time. Essentially I think Moyes screwed up by not dropping either Rooney or Van Persie to give Mata space as a number 10. It is tough to chose between the two biggest stars of the team, but with the current United there really is only one position as top striker.

Likewise I think Nani has been getting screwed over as a left winger for way too long. His top performances have always seemed to come when played out on the right but he is a better left winger than Valencia so under Ferguson he became another United-victim of his own versality. He may be too far gone now to ever reach his full potential but he got a lot of underlying talent and is only 27.

The same seem to be true for most of the team and what they lack is a Matic style central midfielder who can move the ball forward and fullbacks who can take some defensive responsibility. Players like Fellaini and Phil Jones are not living up to their potential but in a better team structure I am sure that they can live up to at least some of their potential.
    Last edited by Adar; April 22, 2014 at 04:55 AM.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

He ing signed Fellani instead of Thiago, what a knob