Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moderation Request Thread

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Moderation Request Thread

Please post here if you need moderation.

Moderation Team:
    Head Moderator(s): Lucius Malfoy and Bastard Feudalism
    Junior Moderators: Adamat
    Last edited by Adamat; August 08, 2013 at 02:01 PM.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Default Re: Moderation Request Thread

I did what I thought was about right, but if LM/BF has other ideas about it they can overrule me.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

As a junior mod elsewhere, I would not circumvent ye addy.
    May I at least send a litany of letters all through Venice and perhaps Italy so I can try to recruit men?

Sure.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

I wondered if I could get a conversion bonus for my Demesne from my soldiers, since they are all officially ordained monks, even though I don't hold chapels or the like
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrda78 View Post
    Well maybe if there was a thread instructing people on how to mod there would be more modders.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

I think military monks were as ascetics so their presence wouldn't convert in itself only the building off a chapel or priory where locals can come to worship

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

But there should be more special buildings available to you I think

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ╬Ritterbruder╬ View Post
    I wondered if I could get a conversion bonus for my Demesne from my soldiers, since they are all officially ordained monks, even though I don't hold chapels or the like
    You either need to make the buildings or do some preaching, which will be rolled on how effective it is and a small percentage of the populace that is converted.

No conversion bonuses just because you have Holy Order soldiers.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

I hereby ask for such a starting army roll you mentioned, didn't know I could before. Thought I lost all chances for it already.

here's a worked out proposition for public order, the percentages and numbers are suggestions for the model:

Standard

Every captured fief/settlement/... starts off with 75% revolt risk (another suggestion would be that 'peacefully' occupied regions start off with 50%)

Direct means to lower this revolt risk are the presence of an army, religion, buildings and decrees

- Armies:
    Revolt risk is decreased by the number of troops available in the fief/20 (so 500 men = -25%)

- Religion:
    Based upon the reasoning that we are Catholic, and that a majorly Catholic fief would aid in suppressing the other religions
    When the % Catholicism in a fief <50%: add (100 - that percentage)/2 to revolt risk
    When the % Catholicism in a fief >50%: substract that percentage /2 from revolt risk
    (e.g.: 20% Catholicism => (100-20)/2 = +40% // 60% Catholicism => -30%

- Buildings:
    1.Gallows: -5% revolt risk; 200 byzants
    2.Courthouse: -20% revolt risk: 7.500 byzants
    3.Tribunal: - 35% revolt risk: 12.500 byzants
    (these are non-stackable and are upgrades for eachother so have to be build in order)

- Decrees:

Only one of these can be applied at a given time and only be changed at the start of a new year

A. Religious tolerance and cultural diversity:
    An approach to embrace the present culture and promoting peaceful co-existence: -20% revolt risk; reduces current conversion rate by -50%

B. Inquisition:
    Enforcing the Crusader's beliefs and persecution of those who don't accept them: +40% revolt risk; increases conversion rate by +100%

C. Compensation:
    Easing of taxes for the locals to adjust to their new leaders and rebuilding their life: -30% revolt risk; decreases fief revenue's by -25%

D. Colonisation:
    Setteling your own men in the community to form a base of support: -25% revolt risk; decreases levy numbers by 50%

E. Extortion:
    Squeeze everything out of the peasants, make them bow for their new overlords: +50% revolt risk; increases tax revenue by +50%

Each year, rolls are performed for civil uprisings, based on the revolt risk, the size of the revolt is also determined based by roll
    (e.g. 50% revolt risk= 10/20 chance for revolt
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrda78 View Post
    Well maybe if there was a thread instructing people on how to mod there would be more modders.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ╬Ritterbruder╬ View Post
    here's a worked out proposition for public order, the percentages and numbers are suggestions for the model:

Standard

Every captured fief/settlement/... starts off with 75% revolt risk (another suggestion would be that 'peacefully' occupied regions start off with 50%)

Direct means to lower this revolt risk are the presence of an army, religion, buildings and decrees

- Armies:
    Revolt risk is decreased by the number of troops available in the fief/20 (so 500 men = -25%)

- Religion:
    Based upon the reasoning that we are Catholic, and that a majorly Catholic fief would aid in suppressing the other religions
    When the % Catholicism in a fief <50%: add (100 - that percentage)/2 to revolt risk
    When the % Catholicism in a fief >50%: substract that percentage /2 from revolt risk
    (e.g.: 20% Catholicism => (100-20)/2 = +40% // 60% Catholicism => -30%

- Buildings:
    1.Gallows: -5% revolt risk; 200 byzants
    2.Courthouse: -20% revolt risk: 7.500 byzants
    3.Tribunal: - 35% revolt risk: 12.500 byzants
    (these are non-stackable and are upgrades for eachother so have to be build in order)

- Decrees:

Only one of these can be applied at a given time and only be changed at the start of a new year

A. Religious tolerance and cultural diversity:
    An approach to embrace the present culture and promoting peaceful co-existence: -20% revolt risk; reduces current conversion rate by -50%

B. Inquisition:
    Enforcing the Crusader's beliefs and persecution of those who don't accept them: +40% revolt risk; increases conversion rate by +100%

C. Compensation:
    Easing of taxes for the locals to adjust to their new leaders and rebuilding their life: -30% revolt risk; decreases fief revenue's by -25%

D. Colonisation:
    Setteling your own men in the community to form a base of support: -25% revolt risk; decreases levy numbers by 50%

E. Extortion:
    Squeeze everything out of the peasants, make them bow for their new overlords: +50% revolt risk; increases tax revenue by +50%

Each year, rolls are performed for civil uprisings, based on the revolt risk, the size of the revolt is also determined based by roll
    (e.g. 50% revolt risk= 10/20 chance for revolt
    Ritter, make a thread for it.

LM, could you handle Joriandrake's request? I'm not sure what would be acceptable to grant him.

I left the numbers out of my char sheet/background, but I hope they get decided based upon the description I wrote in my introduction for Attila.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by joriandrake View Post
    I hereby ask for such a starting army roll you mentioned, didn't know I could before. Thought I lost all chances for it already.
    Due to the word of Duke Andrew's seizure of power from his nephew, Ladislaus III, the army will be smaller.
    Result: 1,700 troops (Composition update soon)

Sorry, but due to the modifier that Andrew is seizing power at this time in Hungary (historically correct), he will want to keep any forces that will solidify his rule. I rolled how many troops you had initially, then rolled a percentage of which who were recalled before you departed for the Latin Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    Due to the word of Duke Andrew's seizure of power from his nephew, Ladislaus III, the army will be smaller.
    Result: 1,700 troops (Composition update soon)

Sorry, but due to the modifier that Andrew is seizing power at this time in Hungary (historically correct), he will want to keep any forces that will solidify his rule. I rolled how many troops you had initially, then rolled a percentage of which who were recalled before you departed for the Latin Empire.
    Yea, I know of that happening, but hoped I got out before that happened, so that my character wouldn't even know the news yet o.O

This reminds me, news shouldn't travel fast right? I mean the Pope may still not heard about the election of Latin Patriarch as example.

Citizen

Basically it takes 1 Day in real life for news to travel. Sorry mate, its already known.

Wow, I thought in medieval times it took way longer just to reach one province to another in the same realm. o.O

I calculated with a couple months of travel from Hungary to Constantinople with the army until now.

Citizen

Well you have to remember, 1 ingame year = 1 week. We just made it by default that all major news is known after 1 Day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast