Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: CAUSA BELLI 2.2 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

jazza's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: CAUSA BELLI 2.2 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

works fine in custom now i guess i will have to learn how to use ESF 40 unit saves

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Yeap, it works in custom, but not that good in campaign. It's very easy to change the number of units in your save to 40 units. AMAZINGLY easy. You just open the save, go to campaign model and change 20 to 40 for armies and navies. That simple.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

EastJerusalem's Avatar Civis

First of all, this is an amazing mod, it keeps us getting deeper to ETW for years ahead.

So I had this issue yesterday, I had a persistent crash after 9 turns using Ottoman upon CB 2.2 and DM 8.1 (Custom Campaign). Never have I had this issue before. BUT, I believe strongly, that this is not because the CB 2.2 because it seems I am the only one who encountered this issue, while every one hasn't reported any CTD. it was not long loading turn, it crashes after 9 turns. I tried to load "auto save" and but it didnt work.

The difference I made was this is the first time I set 4tpy instead of 3tpy which I have never been in CTD, can it be the culprit? Also, this is perhaps because a bad installation, I'll a clean install

Turks love reality and fairness. They were always fair but they met a lot of unfair things against them.
    -William Pitt (Prime Minister of Great Britain

penquin11's Avatar Biarchus

What program did you guys use to edit the esf's, I can't manage to edit the damn things without a crash

jazza's Avatar Libertus

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...353-Esf-Editor but im only useing the out of date one

If use the ESF 1.4.5 then you're fine and the CTD is an unexplained one. I also had an unexplained CTD in turn ... 130 or so in the end turn. When I loaded the autosave, it also led to CTD. So... I load the previous turn an didn't have a problem since.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

@alhoon - three previous posts moved to Developers forum (oh the goodies there) - I will put the unit details in that thread
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

When downloading the newest upgrade from filefractory, I keep getting a network error halfway through the dl and it fails. Any idea why this might be the case?

I had a similar problem. Took me 3 tries to download it. It was my bad internet connection

Quote Originally Posted by zero717 View Post
    When downloading the newest upgrade from filefractory, I keep getting a network error halfway through the dl and it fails. Any idea why this might be the case?
    if you have any other "free sites" that you use we will try and upload to there as well, just post a link to them
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

If anybody has some good screenshots using any of the new factions in CB 2.2 (Campaign or Custom Battle) please feel free to post as we are looking for some

Imma try this out once I get back home is it save game comparable though? And you guys should make prussia able to recruit units from the German states too, cause the german empire actually had quite a few armies as each kingdom within the empire possed one

great, technically all German states should be able to recruit each others units once they conquer the others, if anyone plays as a German State and this is not the case please advise (it is technically possible to do the same thing with the Italian States)

keeps saying "insufficient permissions" right after i download it :/

? have you unzipped the file using 7zip or similar

try right click and run as administrator

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Strange saves from knights of saint john doesnt load (turns 94 and 95)

Tiro

So in order to get the forty units I have to modify my save game? Ok, don't know if I will be successful in that but will try it out. Well I bombed on that but I did go ahead and just pick the option from DME launcher to play a forty unit save, Ottomans, and it loaded fine and I picked one of the starting armies on the campaign map and it showed that I can have forty units. Though I didn't try to create a forty unit army. It did change the starting funds for the Ottomans back to 7500. So am I safe to go ahead and play with these forty unit saves, because I did see the new units in there. I'm just use to forty units now and I am trying to figure out how to get mass volley fire for the line infantry. I know Bran Mac Born's mod does that, plus ups the difficulty on the forty unit saves to, but I am not sure his mod is compatible with this one. I try to mod it myself to my own specs but I end up not getting very far. I hate the unit limits but I fear that the AI would just spam like crazy. I have been reading about the ESF editor tool? but am not sure I can make it work right for my specifications. It stinks when you don't no much about this stuff. That is why I am so grateful for you all that create these mods that always fills in the void of that something missing that those game developers seem to always miss when they come out with a new game. I wonder how much modding will be done when Rome 2 comes out? Anyway my hats off to you modders out there that make these games more fun to play. salute!
    Last edited by robroy; August 25, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

EastJerusalem's Avatar Civis

And suddenly, unit descriptions are missing in campaign as well as in battles before previously worked fine

Turks love reality and fairness. They were always fair but they met a lot of unfair things against them.
    -William Pitt (Prime Minister of Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by EastJerusalem View Post
    And suddenly, unit descriptions are missing in campaign as well as in battles before previously worked fine
    just check to make sure that the CB localisation file is in your data directory, and is also in your user script
    Last edited by ♔hammeredalways♔; August 26, 2013 at 03:45 AM.

The new release is excellent! I was using the Unit Booster and Ottoman Realism mods before, but those new units for Indian factions are excellent! I am guilty of using only the units (after integrating my previous CB core tweaked by the Cap and my old .loc file), as I have custom startpos files with a lot of new revolutionary flags, but I'm enjoying it immensely nonetheless. Good job!

Now I'm just waiting for Dagestan, Georgia and Crimea overhaul, I believe these are the only factions I don't have realistic unit packs for. Well, maybe Courland could use some new, but I guess it would be stretching it too much