Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: CAUSA BELLI 2.2 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

Default Re: CAUSA BELLI 2.2 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

I took Gibraltar early and gave it to Britain. Changed the manufacturing building into a school and have the shipyard changed into a trading port. Income is healthy but I cant spend it fast enough with limited production.

I am building a large Xebec fleet for capturing bigger ships to sale, and a pirate fleet cleared out Madagascar region so im gunning for that atm. Once im wealthy, I want to expand east and take N.Africa and the ME, hopefully by then I will have much better units. Should keep me busy for awhile

The units at the beginning force me to fight differently, Its much more guerrilla warfare. When im fighting European Lines I have to keep mobile, normally sending in camel units into the flanks to break the lines while the N.African skirmish units dance around with the main force. I love the idea that once I can gain enough power, the same countries will be facing elite professional Moroccan line units from a once tiny and insignificant area on the map

EastJerusalem's Avatar Civis

well said mateKye, that does make sense. You took Gibraltar and gave it to Britain (or perhaps become allies as something in return) thus it halts spain to invade geographically, and your alliance strengthens your existence in the region. As for changing the manufacturing building into a school, it was a good idea, I had not thought about it. The nearest school is in Portugal iirc, stealing that is.For the naval strategies, it may be effective thou it risks us a devastating lost. But i couldnt agree more on optimizing sea trade, my favorite is always Indonesia. Morocco is unique, giving a various option to expand, from relatively easy access to Iberia, or perhaps, northern europe, and the new continent as well as access to the wealthy eastern trade routes
    Last edited by EastJerusalem; September 05, 2013 at 10:33 AM.

Turks love reality and fairness. They were always fair but they met a lot of unfair things against them.
    -William Pitt (Prime Minister of Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    What are you trying to achieve?
    Try to do what the other guy is. Changing the Desert Warriors guns to the correct one. Cause it seems like they have hand cannons or something. But whenever I startup the program and select the DME Darthmod and its on the right box the Ok underneath will never light up for me to click it so I can edit the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by max20077 View Post
    Cause it seems like they have hand cannons or something.
    That's it. I found that too. It seems that one of Moroccan units has canon with fast shoot rate.

Turks love reality and fairness. They were always fair but they met a lot of unfair things against them.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by max20077 View Post
    Try to do what the other guy is. Changing the Desert Warriors guns to the correct one. Cause it seems like they have hand cannons or something. But whenever I startup the program and select the DME Darthmod and its on the right box the Ok underneath will never light up for me to click it so I can edit the stats.

Yeap, I probably forgot to change that in the version you see. I could send a quick update I think as a patch.

This patch fixes a couple of issues like the desert warriors guns, the cost of zamidari horsemen, the size of Persian lancers, when the native lancers can be recruited etc.

Simply extract the CB_core2.2.pack and overwrite the old one in your data folder. Backup the original just in case.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by alhoon; September 06, 2013 at 02:06 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

HbHadast's Avatar Civis

Can someone else please upload it somewhere else? I didn't manage to download it from FileFactory... Thanks!

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by HbHadast View Post
    Can someone else please upload it somewhere else? I didn't manage to download it from FileFactory... Thanks!
    if you have an alternative download site you use (that is free) we are more than happy to upload to it, please just post the link.

in the interim check the link in this post http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13188426
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Domesticus

I'll get my GF to download this for me soon Quite excited

BTW, do you give new units to the major factions? Sweden and Poland need some love I think. Not exactly SURE what they could have, except like unique skins, but hey, its all about look really

And does all the minor factions get some unique units? Or will in the future of course Im especially interested in the Knights of St John, Ireland, Scotland, and Norway

I forgot if you said that theres already units for the Knights, but I suggest a melee swordsman unit for them, sorta like the sword and buckler man from Medieval 2. I think they had them on up until the 1700s

Oh, and are there more regions in the Darthmod altogether?

HbHadast's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    if you have an alternative download site you use (that is free) we are more than happy to upload to it, please just post the link.
    You can try this: http://www.gamefront.com/files/upload

If you can try the link and let me know if it works ok, I will add it to the first post

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23678...2+Release+Pack
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

HbHadast's Avatar Civis

It works! I just finished downloading it. Thanks

It works! I just finished downloading it. Thanks
    no probs., enjoy - front post updated with additional link

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    I'll get my GF to download this for me soon Quite excited

BTW, do you give new units to the major factions? Sweden and Poland need some love I think. Not exactly SURE what they could have, except like unique skins, but hey, its all about look really

And does all the minor factions get some unique units? Or will in the future of course Im especially interested in the Knights of St John, Ireland, Scotland, and Norway

I forgot if you said that theres already units for the Knights, but I suggest a melee swordsman unit for them, sorta like the sword and buckler man from Medieval 2. I think they had them on up until the 1700s

Oh, and are there more regions in the Darthmod altogether?
    Sweden has a number of additional units (as does Denmark), Poland has its own separate sub-mod that can be used with Causa Belli.

Knights of St John have their own units (and some other features), both Ireland & Scotland will shortly be playable and have their own unit packs. The only nation at present not overhauled from your list is Norway.

Does the patch I sent fixes the unit problems mentioned? I know it doesn't fix the Mysore arty BTW, I ask if it fixes the other problems (Native lancers, desert warriors, etc).If it does, Hammered can you use that in the upload? Or if the upload is too large to use, can you move it to the first post so people can download it? That is, IF people report it works.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Domesticus

Yay! So what kinda units will Ireland and Scotland get?

And another question....does Venice, Portugal, and the Italian States get any love? Im kinda thinking a Venitian Campaign would be fun, same with Portugal. Junior Imperialism!

The Italian States should get some Papal Units since its the flipping Papal States. On that note, can the Italian States be renamed the Papal States? Its really bothering me. I was paying attention last night...and...everything is papal. Its the Papal States. Not the Italian States

WHY DOES THE GAME THINK ITS TRICKING ME?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Yay! So what kinda units will Ireland and Scotland get?

And another question....does Venice, Portugal, and the Italian States get any love? Im kinda thinking a Venitian Campaign would be fun, same with Portugal. Junior Imperialism!

The Italian States should get some Papal Units since its the flipping Papal States. On that note, can the Italian States be renamed the Papal States? Its really bothering me. I was paying attention last night...and...everything is papal. Its the Papal States. Not the Italian States

WHY DOES THE GAME THINK ITS TRICKING ME?!
    Re., Ireland and Scotland - there has to be some surprises.............

Portugal and all of the individual Italian states are overhauled and playable.

Renaming is possible but time consuming, as I believe all entries in the UPC would need to be changed

Domesticus

Awww, thats too bad about the names Italian States angers me XD I like CA was thinking about just making an Italian catchall faction, but then decided to just make it the Papal States

Anyway, you mentioned a next release. Any ETA on that, if its near done?

And that's why we should NEVER mention upcoming next releases...

Hi Alhoon. I found the 2.2 is amazing. Gives us a wider horison, I believe I have said this and will gladly say it again. There is one thing though. Is the team working on, or thinking of, re workling The Mameluks?

Quote Originally Posted by EastJerusalem View Post
    Is the team working on re workling The Mameluks?
    Yes.