Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 732474849505152535455565758596061 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1211

Thread: CAUSA BELLI 2.2 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: CAUSA BELLI 2.2 (Additional units for Minor Factions)

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochos VII Sidetes View Post
    Update: I don't know why, but I think I fixed it -- I deleted my preferences file and set the autosave to read only. I'm able to play now.Lot of effort, but I do love the Persian roster so far. The Immortals are lethal.
    Heheheh. It took a lot of effort to finetune the Immortals into a very powerful elite force but not superhuman. Keep in mind, that the Immortals despite being very good with their guns they are supposed to go close up and personal with their swords as well. They have limited ammo compared to other musket units.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Playing a Persian campaign is incredibly good fun, and it's almost exclusively thanks to this mod. If I recall Persia actually has a unique building or two as well that you can construct in the capital. It's a shame I can't restore the Zoroastrianism as the state religion, and spread Ahura Mazda's wisdom, but religion doesn't play too much of a role in Empire anyways.

Anyone else suggest any fun minors to play with this sub mod?

I've been itching for another campaign with CB, any word on 2.3?

I'd like to have emergent factions be playable since this mod as well as others expand the unit rosters. It's frustrating missing out on it all!

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Freighttrain4 View Post
    I'd like to have emergent factions be playable since this mod as well as others expand the unit rosters. It's frustrating missing out on it all!
    Do you have any specifics?
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Bagabigna's Avatar Civis

When I try to load a campaign using the stratpos files with aor and new towns, it crashes to the desktop. Is there any way to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bagabigna View Post
    When I try to load a campaign using the stratpos files with aor and new towns, it crashes to the desktop. Is there any way to fix this?
    You need to start a new campaign once you use different startpos files!
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

So.... how does a guy get this installed? The install instructions are FUBAR

Marines's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Eagle View Post
    I pointed that out over a year ago and nothing has been done to clean up the instructions. They're a mess.

Hello, I am currently in a Maratha game and I am getting CTD's whenever I try to load into a battle against the Mughals when their Qizi-dudes are involved. Is there any solution to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Marines View Post
    I pointed that out over a year ago and nothing has been done to clean up the instructions. They're a mess.
    I followed them step-by-step and didn't have any issues with my installation.

Yeah, I'm having the same issues fully understanding the instructions., they're just not clear enough, and the download links further down the page aren't labeled. I'm not gonna risk trying to install it unless it's more clear.

Not to mention that its hard to tell which files are the updated files and which aren't. Anyways, I guess I'll just wait until somebody posts more clear instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Eagle View Post

We have suggested that if anyone has suggestion we would be happy to make the edit,

please see link below, I have not used as I have no issue installing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d58yoLYAqik

or this which was posted by another user

Let me know if either works for you, and any feedback and I will edit the OP accordingly
    How to install:When you have downloaded you will see these files
    copy the following files to your games data folder CB_Core2.2 (download and use the REVISED > Attachment 315952 )
    cb_localisation (download and use the REVISED localization and delete DME_UPC_v6_3)
    CB_models
    CB_2.2models
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data
    copy the scripting.lua to the following folder
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\DME\Campaigns\Custom
    You may ignore the CB2.2 Release Pack 7z file
    open the DME launcher menu
    edit - user script
    using the add function add the following lines:-
    CB_Core2.2
    cb_localisation
    CB_models
    CB_2.2models
    press update user script
    Open the folder Standard CB Custom Startpos, and copy the three files to the following folder (with the launcher open)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\DME\Campaigns\Custom
    open campaign - custom
    make any additional game play changes you want, the press Start to launch the game
    NOTE: If you want to use the esf with the two extra towns (mine in Dagestan and logging camp in Komi) copy the pathfinding.esf and the regions.esf after you backup the originals to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaign_maps\global_map folder
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

and we responded (over a year ago), again see my reply to Silver Eagle. anything constructive please feel free to add

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15736384

Quote Originally Posted by cunuck32 View Post
    Hello, I am currently in a Maratha game and I am getting CTD's whenever I try to load into a battle against the Mughals when their Qizi-dudes are involved. Is there any solution to this?
    Hi cunuck32 - can you post me a screenshot of the army formation for both sides and I will check each unit

Quote Originally Posted by Jobrien1998 View Post
    Not to mention that its hard to tell which files are the updated files and which aren't. Anyways, I guess I'll just wait until somebody posts more clear instructions.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15739627

let me know if you are struggling still and I can post you a link to my own personal files

https://imgur.com/a/SKdk5X8

Here are the units, I'm pretty sure it's the Qizibashi cavalry causing the crash, since I've seen them mentioned in this thread as a cause of crashing.

Marines's Avatar Civis

It doesn't negate the fact that the first post is a complete and utter mess. You have the initial mod download followed by two links/attachments to two localization files then followed by three links/attachments to three CB Core files. Which ones are which with regards to the most recent update? Are they all the same? Are each different? This is the issue at the core of what I've been talking about for a long, long time now. That being, it's confusing, unintelligible, and leads to misdirection.

I'm simply at a loss as why Causa Belli can't be bundled into a single zip, the initial post corrected and updated, and do away with the counter-intuitive and often misleading instructions. I mean there are dead links throughout that instead of being removed completely from the post they've been crossed out. You've got a spoiler tag with the Old Instructions (not relevant?) still present that are no longer necessary. There is a separate set of instructions on a post further in, etc. To me, these are issues of a broader problem with regards to proper topic and mod maintenance.

Now I love the mod and greatly appreciate the work you and others that have put into it, but as a modder myself of Stellaris, ArmA3, IL-2, and other titles I would never leave a mod topic in as much disarray as this one is. There's an Edit button there for a reason, mate.

Regards,

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by cunuck32 View Post
    Not at the time. Qizi-dudes, the mounted ones, cause CTD. Autoresolve the battle. However, I think we have deactivated these and the Mughals should only have a few starting units.

I'm simply at a loss as why Causa Belli can't be bundled into a single zip, the initial post corrected and updated, and do away with the counter-intuitive and often misleading instructions.
    Hammered, the lad is correct. It's way past time someone (not me ) puts it all in a single zip. I can't do it cause I have different files in my computer.