Thread: HELP : SS6's unit textures and models makes me want to play TATW !

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default HELP : SS6's unit textures and models makes me want to play TATW !

Stainless Steel is certainly my favourite mod for M2TW. To me this mod isn't far from the M2TW's perfection. The gameplay became so sharp and realistic with this mod (combined with some of its submods), that the strategical and historical experience are perfect ! But when it's time to fight on the battle map, the visual is a downer... The lack of evolution in the unit's appearance has become more and more frustrating. As time goes by, they looks totally backwards.
    I would love to play a western europe campaign with BGRV, for example but I can't stand anymore candy cane spear knights.
    Of course, there are many unit roster based sub-mods but they always come with their own vision of the historical aspects, modifications of the recruitment, in short, they are never compatible with the main gameplay sub-mods, or at least, the one that seems esential to me...
    I mean, is it even possible to play with battle for the baltic and the steel crescent in the same time ? I tried to adapt some of the CSUR and Lord Hamilton's models, but without any M2TW modding experience I soon realised it would completely take up my 3 hours of M2TW gaming weekly !
    So, if there is a compilation of unit rosters or if anyone have successfully installed more than one unit based sub-mod, and had it work with BGRV, RR/RC or reallybadAI, I would be gratefull !
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Default Re: HELP : SS6's unit textures and models makes me want to play TATW !

Well, I have also tried out combining unit skin submods, but it is hard to do with no modding knowledge so I gave up on that, but you should know that a new submod called titanium is being made and it will try to combine many of the submods that exist for SS 6.4 including the skins from various places. you can read more here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...9#post13002829
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Fair enough about your family values preventing you from drinking, my family values prohibit me from not drinking.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Yeah tried to play as Norway recently. Had to import units from viking-mods because the vanilla SS ones are just bad. SS is a stellar game with the best mechanic in a MED2 mod, but some of the units and factions could use some real rework.

I agree with you. FA has some good Norse units actually. Especially Norway. I recommend you that mod instead or privately import the units over to SS if you can.
    You can also make it public but you'll have to credit the team who has developed the used resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter93 View Post
    FA has some good Norse units actually
    You mean Faerum Aeternum ? I never playd this mod. Is it good ?

Baltic Warrior, I had read about Titanium. Was really exited until I saw the new unit model were part of the "features that are getting worked on but will not be ready for first release" :-(

Still, this sub-mod is very good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Yerevan View Post
    Baltic Warrior, I had read about Titanium. Was really exited until I saw the new unit model were part of the "features that are getting worked on but will not be ready for first release" :-(
    The first release will feature new models from existing mods and submods, completely new units will be added later. If the initial release was to feature all of the completely new units planned it would push the release back at least 6 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Fair enough about your family values preventing you from drinking, my family values prohibit me from not drinking.

❋ Flavius Belisarius ❋'s Avatar Semisalis

There's no way I can play with Roman Empirewithout Caudillo units.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...az-Unit-Roster

Titanium sounds great.
    The description Last of the Romans (Ultimus Romanorum) has historically been given to any man thought to embody the values of Ancient Roman civilization —values which, by implication, became extinct on his death. It has been used to describe a number of individuals.
    Flavius Belisarius (505?–565), one of the greatest generals of the Byzantine Empire and one of the most acclaimed generals in history. He was also the only Byzantine general to be granted a Roman Triumph.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic Warrior View Post
    The first release will feature new models from existing mods and submods, completely new units will be added later. If the initial release was to feature all of the completely new units planned it would push the release back at least 6 months.
    Ok, I completely misunderstood that part. Well I'm so relieved to hear that :-)