Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: San Francisco Event Questions: ANSWERED !!

Default Re: San Francisco Event Questions: ANSWERED !!

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    I don't care about the battle speeches, always skipped them. I don't like that javelins cannot be thrown while running. It adds a lot of speed and therefore energy to the javelin irl. But ok, I can live with it. I hope African elephants will be weaker than Indian. The Africans were smaller and not able to stand toe to toe to its bigger relatives.
    Oh I'm sure they will statistically be represented as such otherwise why would they go through the trouble of implementing them VISUALLY ya know? my only question is how varied will each species be represnted.

Will there be the small North African Elephants ? Will we see the Syrian elephants for the Indian ones? or will they simply just be African Forest Elephants & Asian Elephants? questions questions questions
    [CONTENTBOX][/CONTENTBOX]

Troll Face

Intel i5 3570K (4.2Ghz @ 1.215v); ASUS Z87 Gryphon; 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro; GTX 780; Corsair AX760i; Noctua NH-U12S; Samsung 840 Pro 256GB; WD Black 1TB; Windows 7

Nice job.

Many of the questions are unnecessary tho since they have already been answered/confirmed or ask about obvious things

Would like to hear more about the client state thing, and of course, about diplomacy options (#10)

I remember a while ago CA talked about some kind of meeting between the generals before a battle.
    Anyone else remembers this also?

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Ariovist View Post
    I remember a while ago CA talked about some kind of meeting between the generals before a battle.
    Anyone else remembers this also?
    Did you read this in an interview/magazine? Because I don't remember such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGIO_XXX ULPIA View Post

Holy CRAP! THIS IS AMAZING !!! I can't even begin to imagine having this many units in 1 single army

Troll Face

Intel i5 3570K (4.2Ghz @ 1.215v); ASUS Z87 Gryphon; 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro; GTX 780; Corsair AX760i; Noctua NH-U12S; Samsung 840 Pro 256GB; WD Black 1TB; Windows 7

Rhaegar1's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks for the answers but I have to ask one thing:

How in the world is it possible that there was again a community event and there still isn't a community member who has done some indepth investigating how good phalanxes work? Everytime someone says I'm not sure I was to busy winning the battle I think why do you even care about winning the battle, you can play it a milion times when the game comes out! Just disregard your army, grap your phalanx and describe to us how it moves, how well the push of the pikes works and how vulnerable they are from the side and how tough from the front.

I'm sorry, just a little bit surprised, that people are bothered about some unit not having the right sandals (something that is most definatally moddable) but the formation, cohesion and workings of a phalanx which can make or break this game and is probably not nearly as moddable is not something all these fans that go to these events care for.
    'I'll be damned ' Marcellus Wallis

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar1 View Post
    Thanks for the answers but I have to ask one thing:

How in the world is it possible that there was again a community event and there still isn't a community member who has done some indepth investigating how good phalanxes work? Everytime someone says I'm not sure I was to busy winning the battle I think why do you even care about winning the battle, you can play it a milion times when the game comes out! Just disregard your army, grap your phalanx and describe to us how it moves, how well the push of the pikes works and how vulnerable they are from the side and how tough from the front.

I'm sorry, just a little bit surprised, that people are bothered about some unit not having the right sandals (something that is most definatally moddable) but the formation, cohesion and workings of a phalanx which can make or break this game and is probably not nearly as moddable is not something all these fans that go to these events care for.
    Well honestly speaking I don't think were gonna get a concrete conclusive answer on it (from the people that have played the battle of the nile) since like I pointed out earlier they didn't even have the right species of elephant in the battle(speaking of the unit card names being African when the species seen was indian)

so it's not too far fetched to think maybe the game was far from even close to having all the bugs with units worked out along with the vast other problems people questioned. As far as questioning how affective they will be I didn't bother to ask

Troll Face

The good gentelmen of the campaign team have some more info on sea regions:

• Depending on the ownership of adjoining port settlements, sea regions may be controlled, shared or contested.
    • If a faction owns all port settlements adjoining a sea region, they CONTROL it.
      • Penalties to maritime commerce from ‘Piracy’ are low.
      • Replenishment rate is increased both at sea and at port.
      • Naval recruitment costs are decreased.

• If a faction and its allies or neutrals each own a port settlement adjoining a sea region, they are SHARING it.
      • Penalties to maritime commerce from ‘Piracy’ are moderate.
      • Replenishment rate is increased a little in port, not at all at sea.
      • No change to naval recruitment costs.

• If a faction and at least one enemy own a port settlement adjoining the same sea region, it becomes CONTESTED.
      • Penalties to maritime commerce from ‘Piracy’ are high.
      • Replenishment rate is not buffed in port, and is stopped altogether at sea.
      • Naval recruitment costs are increased.

• If a faction owns no ports adjoining a sea region, it is either NEUTRAL or HOSTILE.
      • In either case, no recruitment or replenishment can take place.
      • Maritime commerce penalties are irrelevant to such a faction, but they may raid locally in order to further increase the penalties for the owning factions.
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post

• Depending on the ownership of adjoining port settlements, sea regions may be controlled, shared or contested.
    • If a faction owns all port settlements adjoining a sea region, they CONTROL it.

• If a faction and its allies or neutrals each own a port settlement adjoining a sea region, they are SHARING it.

• If a faction and at least one enemy own a port settlement adjoining the same sea region, it becomes CONTESTED.

• If a faction owns no ports adjoining a sea region, it is either NEUTRAL or HOSTILE.
      • Maritime commerce penalties are irrelevant to such a faction, but they may raid locally in order to further increase the penalties for the owning factions.

Thanks for the additional info on Sea regions Will !

Also don't take offense but you look like a young Simon Pegg

Troll Face

Rhaegar1's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post

Thanks will, that sounds like some great added gameplay element.
    'I'll be damned ' Marcellus Wallis

not having battle speeches is very disappointing for me,and for those who say this is an unnecessary detail,I should say that details make the game attractive,it is remembers me of Empire Total war.... .

DogSoldierSPQR's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Raikou View Post
    Thanks for the additional info on Sea regions Will !

Also don't take offense but you look like a young Simon Pegg
    My brother said that too!
    But obviously Pegg's got nothing on Will! Will would have him any day of the week haha

Cheers for the info, Will. You're amazing!
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ere!-(26-10-13)
    If you rep me, leave that beautiful name of yours so I know who you are
    That a salesperson at my door? Where my Gladius at??
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR

A lot of good stuff today: food system still there and maybe enhanced, 40 stack armies (but what about reinforcements now?)
    slavery of armies defeated and the new info about naval zone (and if I remember correctly also fleets will have "stances" so having an enemy fleet in the same region should not ever implicate a battle...)

Quote Originally Posted by nochy View Post
    not having battle speeches is very disappointing for me,and for those who say this is an unnecessary detail,I should say that details make the game attractive,it is remembers me of Empire Total war.... .
    Honestly I'm not gonna lie. I was nervous and giddy about the whole species of elephants but that was put to rest but what with all the other flame threads about accents being wrong can you imagine if they did add that in with no "faction accents" for each nation?

I am hoping we will see the speeches return but I agree with them not being in with the initial game and maybe will be added in at a later time via patch? You gotta realize how many variations would be needed for each general and then times that by 12 (plus all of the other DLC factions that will come later)

I'm not against it as I too would like it back but the realization of it is thats ALOT of resources taken away just for a minute long speech

Troll Face

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Some good news, thanks but a bit disappointed by the javelin mechanics.
    So, legionaries with very heavy pila are able to throw them, like in previous videos, while running (a thing impossible in real life) , and javelinmen with light javelins need to be stationary? It doesn't make any sense to me, it should be the opposite!
    In particular heavy legionaries throwing heavy pila while running
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Comes Domesticorum

40 unit armies? Great...can't wait to micromanage.

My only question now is will reinforcements be affected by 40 unit armies? Can you say have 2 40 unit armies or will having 2 40 unit armies in a battle result in the 2nd being held off the field as reinforcements? Either way good news as it makes my creeping suspicion of having 40 unit city garrisons to be true !!!

Troll Face

DogSoldierSPQR's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Raikou View Post
    My only question now is will reinforcements be affected by 40 unit armies? Can you say have 2 40 unit armies or will having 2 40 unit armies in a battle result in the 2nd being held off the field as reinforcements? Either way good news as it makes my creeping suspicion of having 40 unit city garrisons to be true !!!
    Help me out, dude, where is the 40 unit confirmation at?
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ere!-(26-10-13)
    If you rep me, leave that beautiful name of yours so I know who you are
    That a salesperson at my door? Where my Gladius at??
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR

Quote Originally Posted by DogSoldierSPQR View Post
    Help me out, dude, where is the 40 unit confirmation at?
    here: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...nits-per-Stack

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast