Thread: Trouble with hinterland buildings

Default Trouble with hinterland buildings

Hi people!

I'm trying to make two ways of territory colonisation types: colonisation and allied territory. I've made 2 buildings (hinterland, to make them undestroyable), to represent these 2 mutually exclusive ways. I also have made the test pictures.

And now I can build these buildings with having-greek-culture-type factions. Everything seems to be OK and the game reads the pictures correctly:

But when I insert colonisation building in descr_strat file into cities which factions have from the very outset of the campaign I have this problem:

I don't understand why the game thinks the building is roman and why it doesn't read correct pictures in this case.

I need your help.

Here is the code:
    Data/export_descr_building.txt:
    Code:
    building hinterland_hellenisation_building
    {
        levels hellenisation_1
        {
    	hellenisation_1 requires factions { greek, } and not building_present_min_level hinterland_allied_territory_building allied_territory_1
            {
                capability
                {
                }
                construction  1
                cost  0
                settlement_min village
                upgrades
                { 
                }
            }
        }
        plugins
        {
        }
    }

building hinterland_allied_territory_building
    {
        levels allied_territory_1 
        {
    	allied_territory_1 requires factions { greek, } and not building_present_min_level hinterland_hellenisation_building hellenisation_1
            {
                capability
                {
                }
                construction  1
                cost  0
                settlement_min village
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins
        {
        }
    }
    Data/text/export_buildings.txt:
    Code:
    {hinterland_hellenisation_1} Hellenisation

{hellenisation_1_desc} WARNING! This baseline description should never appear on screen!

{hellenisation_1_desc_short} WARNING! This baseline description should never appear on screen!

{hellenisation_1_greek} Hellenisation

{hellenisation_1_greek_desc} You cannot build Allied Auxillia buildings but only your own Auxillia ones!

{hellenisation_1_greek_desc_short} Hellenisation

{allied_territory_1} Allied Territory

{allied_territory_1_desc} WARNING! This baseline description should never appear on screen!

{allied_territory_1_desc_short} WARNING! This baseline description should never appear on screen!

{allied_territory_1_greek} Allied Territory

{allied_territory_1_greek_desc} You cannot build your own Auxillia buildings only Allied ones!

{allied_territory_1_desc_greek_short} Allied Territory
    Data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt:(in the end of buildings section of laconia region)
    Code:
    building
    {
    type hinterland_hellenisation_building hellenisation_1
    }

Marcellus Trajanus's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Trouble with hinterland buildings

Maybe it has to do with the actual type of building. Down in the building list there's "Hellinisation" on the first picture, "Hellenisation (Roman)" on the second one. I would check that first.
    Have a map and want a brief overview over it's list of regions, the coordinates of ports and towns?
    Tired of working out R:TW compatible coordinates for descr_strat by hand? MapAnalysator might help.
    Curious? Then have a look @
    >> The MapAnaylsator Thread <<
    Now with SiteCrosshair

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus Trajanus
    Maybe it has to do with the actual type of building. Down in the building list there's "Hellinisation" on the first picture, "Hellenisation (Roman)" on the second one. I would check that first.
    You didn't understand.

The "Hellenisation" building is only for Greek factions (Greek Cities, Macedon, Seleucid Empire). When I build it myself during the campaign the game uses proper images for this building. But when I try to give this building to cities of greek factions the game thinks that they are Roman buildings. And because of there is no proper images for "Hellenisation" building in DATA/UI/ROMAN/BUILDINGS folder, the game uses generic images for them.

But I don't understand why the game thinks that this building is Roman!
    The question is: how (at the beginning of the campaign) to explain to the game the fact that "Hellenisation" is greek building?

P.S. I say one more time that when I build this building during the campaign the game uses proper culture type and proper images for it...

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Moved to the Hall of Scribes.

Why don't you try with just "requires_faction {greek_cities, }"? It is a longshot, but so far nothing else comes to my mind.
    Last edited by Salvor Hardin; September 05, 2006 at 10:19 AM.

Perhaps the problem is that the region is owned by a greek faction, but either faction_creator (descr_strat) or the default culture tag (descr_regions) is roman. Check the corresponding data for that region (and post here the result, please )

Another possible problem is that roman and greek cultures are sometimes "linked", as it happens with carthaginian and easter ones.

Everybody!

I realized that was an unknown bug because of my editing. I've reinstalled RTR and tried to make my new buildings in the "clean" copy of RTR.

And everything works now!

I don't know what the reason of the bug was, but now it seems to be OK...