Thread: Can't download Retrofit mod

Default Can't download Retrofit mod

When I tried to download Retrofit from here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1581 I got a message that "Retrofit Mod 1.0 appears malicious". Is anyone else aware of this problem?

I'd like to have it if you can point me to a safe source. Thanks.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Can't download Retrofit mod

It's... a .... false.... alarm....... get... a.... decent... antivirus...

Welcome.... to.... THE INTERNET.

If you would have watched closely you would have saw the file has 255,738 downloads. You think all those people downloaded a virus and also that TWC would let a virus on their site?

Calm down, Vipman. I saw the hundreds of thousands of downloads already made and that's why I attempted it without worrying. But when both Windows Attachment Messenger and the top-ranked anti-virus software available halt two attempts, I think there's a problem. I also asked a computer expert to look into it for me and he got the same message.

Thanks for your interest.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

And what's the problem?

I'm using Firefox and Microsoft security Essentials.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture013.jpg  

What's the problem? The Retrofit Mod appears to be malicious, according to Windows Attachment Messenger, my own anti-virus program, and an independent computer expert who tried to download it, too.

Software may be identified as "possibly malicious" just because you haven't downloaded it before and it is an .exe file, or because it is obtained from a site that has been the source of malicious software in the past. I'll bet the download is identified as POSSIBLY malicious, not DEFINITELY malicious. My anti-virus software does that to me all the time, and makes it hard to download (which is good for people who always click "yes" without bothering to read anything). Download it without installing it and then scan it, you will probably find it is OK.

Edit: I have just downloaded and scanned it with Microsoft Forefront, no problems at all.
    Last edited by Sitalkes; July 24, 2013 at 06:01 PM.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Hell, I have the damn thing downloaded and at one time, installed. Same damn link. And I thought AVG was bad for false positives.

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Just download it
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!