Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] --Greek-Cities Unit Pack--

Default Re: [WIP] --Greek-Cities Unit Pack--

Quote Originally Posted by xxxMoRaVexxx View Post
    Yeah, it would be good to have our works compiled into one, instead of it being scattered everywhere. I have no problem working with other people, it would be fun.

That is what I thought so too.

Sorry guys didn't have enough time to fix the bug on the Heavy Spartan Hoplites, I just moved on first so that work would be faster so that I wouldn't ground to a halt.

Here goes the present build of the Athenian Epibatai (Marines) - Light/Medium sword-armed infantry
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Added some colors here and there and also put in newer textures, please, let me know what you think .
    nice,more swords please....i think spears are so overrated in this mod.

xxxMoRaVexxx great preview keep them coming

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Nice unit! I have also made an Athenian Marine unit with Corinthian Helmet

xxxMoRaVexxx's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Nice unit! I have also made an Athenian Marine unit with Corinthian Helmet
    Dude, awesome looking unit! Are some materials from the guy who was making a Pelopponesian war mod months ago? I just remembered his style of making units from that picture, please correct me if i'm wrong though.

Anyways,now I know the root of the problem incorporating the units to the game. Its because GOM keeps assigning some parts to the wrong material groups, can be easily fixed by "tricking" the converte into thinking wrongly.

Dude, awesome looking unit! Are some materials from the guy who was making a Pelopponesian war mod months ago? I just remembered his style of making units from that picture, please correct me if i'm wrong though.

Anyways,now I know the root of the problem incorporating the units to the game. Its because GOM keeps assigning some parts to the wrong material groups, can be easily fixed by "tricking" the converte into thinking wrongly.
    That's correct, as I was also a team member on the Pelopponesian war mod, and for your info I am only using the helmets from that unit all the other parts of the unit are my own project.

GOM is a wonderful tool! I use milkshape and 3DS max to make the models and then use GOM to make changes to the model for different units

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Do you have his permision? I got one hoplite made with his stuff too but... not sure that I could use it without his perrmision outside of that project. Even do I would like to make some new Macedonian units. Besides isnt Corinthian helmet out of use by now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    Do you have his permision? I got one hoplite made with his stuff too but... not sure that I could use it without his perrmision outside of that project. Even do I would like to make some new Macedonian units. Besides isnt Corinthian helmet out of use by now?
    Yes, but at present it is only a personal project as I have mentioned before. The mod will not be released till all permissions are granted from other modders. Just screens for now showing examples of units (not finished)

There are many units that I plan to make so I will update accordingly in a new thread, Corinthian helmet is incorrect for this timeframe but it will satisfy the members that wish to see this style unit in the mod.
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; August 01, 2013 at 05:26 PM.

Nice work xxxMoRaVexxx, you got a rep.
    I don't known enough greek warfare to give suggestions, but I like the visual effect of these athenian marines.

Finally, after some testing I just managed to put it in-game:

Kinda happy that the normals are look a little better than how I envision it at the moment.

I'm moving on to the Athenian Hoplites then Greek Machairaphoroi (Romanized-style Greek tagma).

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

@toonMaybe its just me, but that body model, looks like its his too.

@Athenians look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    @toonMaybe its just me, but that body model, looks like its his too.

@Athenians look great.
    Incorrect, the body is a reworked version from another mod which I have permissions for.

I will be opening my own thread soon with previews of units, so lets refrain from discussing my stuff on this thread as it is someone else's thread, thanks

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

when are you planning to release this?

i was disappointed when i found like 50% of the so called hoplite units didn't have the phalanx ability, like the heavy hoplites only having small spears and shieldwall formation

will you fix that things (i'm lazy lol)
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    when are you planning to release this?

i was disappointed when i found like 50% of the so called hoplite units didn't have the phalanx ability, like the heavy hoplites only having small spears and shieldwall formation

will you fix that things (i'm lazy lol)
    Hoplites and Phalangites are 2 different kinds of units; Hoplites use the traditional doru spear which is about 8 ft. and is wielded overhand (as is in DBM and RTW era mods when they form shieldwall) and they wield a shield called a hoplon which is larger than the phalangites' shields. While the phalangites use the sarissa that is about double the length of the doru and wielded with both hands for support (DBM and other RTW era mods got it correctly too). So all in all, the hoplitic and phalangite phalanxes are different. I think the creators of this mod had done their homework about that mate. Unless you're talking about something else, so correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW, I present, the Romanized Greek Infantry:

Edit: Updated OP with more description and more units on unit list
    Last edited by xxxMoRaVexxx; August 03, 2013 at 10:10 PM.

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Hoplites and Phalangites are 2 different kinds of units; Hoplites use the traditional doru spear which is about 8 ft. and is wielded overhand (as is in DBM and RTW era mods when they form shieldwall) and they wield a shield called a hoplon which is larger than the phalangites' shields. While the phalangites use the sarissa that is about double the length of the doru and wielded with both hands for support (DBM and other RTW era mods got it correctly too). So all in all, the hoplitic and phalangite phalanxes are different. I think the creators of this mod had done their homework about that mate. Unless you're talking about something else, so correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW, I present, the Romanized Greek Infantry:

Edit: Updated OP with more description and more units on unit list

You think you could make those recruitable for the Macedonians aswell?
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

(Ignore this,double post due to lag)
    Last edited by hameem123; August 04, 2013 at 11:00 AM.

nicely done! what i really wanna see is Spartan Units with Corinthian Helmets (even though its not historically correct)

Quote Originally Posted by hameem123 View Post
    nicely done! what i really wanna see is Spartan Units with Corinthian Helmets (even though its not historically correct)
    This is possible and I have a Spartan unit using bronze plate etc..will show the units in my new thread

I indeed thumb this up! I cannot wait to put these fine soldiers to battle once they are trained! (Created) But, I do like the idea of all of you working together. Think of the amazing outcome and the creations you'll make! Keep it up MoRave!

Biarchus

I know Corinthian helmets wheren't really used at this point, but im glad that your making units that use them anyway since they look so damn cool.

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Holy cow, I remember showing you the ropes of modeling once upon a time

Congratulations mate, I'll certainly be downloading this ASAP

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast