Thread: Crash on start

Spajjder's Avatar Senator

Default Crash on start

Ok so I downloaded version 3 and the patch. I installed all the installers including the patch in the folder, steammaps/common/Medieval Total war2/mods/Hyrule

I added the folder with the kingdoms launcher program that you use for having multiple mods in the startup

but it just crashes
    Head Scout: You've got three days to earn a badge.
    Peter:Three days? That's tomorrow! We gotta get going!

Default Re: Crash on start

I get the exact same problem. One of the worst releases of a mod I have ever seen. They probably should of made the mod actually work instead of making a flashy trailer. Seriously it doesn't even give me a crash report. It just goes "LOL Sorry we don't even know what went wrong, sorry pal." Thanks developers. Thanks for releasing an unplayable turd.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Spajjder View Post
    Ok so I downloaded version 3 and the patch. I installed all the installers including the patch in the folder, steammaps/common/Medieval Total war2/mods/Hyrule

I added the folder with the kingdoms launcher program that you use for having multiple mods in the startup

but it just crashes

I've heard with the Steam version that sometimes renaming the Hyrule folder to "americas" or one of the Kingdoms folders solves that problem. Unfortunately I do not have the Steam version of so it's a little harder for me to deal and solve Steam related issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonbrad View Post
    I get the exact same problem. One of the worst releases of a mod I have ever seen. They probably should of made the mod actually work instead of making a flashy trailer. Seriously it doesn't even give me a crash report. It just goes "LOL Sorry we don't even know what went wrong, sorry pal." Thanks developers. Thanks for releasing an unplayable turd.

It works fine for hundreds of people. I don't mean to be rude but seeing as you are, you are in an extreme minority when it comes to the mod crashing before it even starts up.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I've heard with the Steam version that sometimes renaming the Hyrule folder to "americas" or one of the Kingdoms folders solves that problem. Unfortunately I do not have the Steam version of so it's a little harder for me to deal and solve Steam related issues.
    That's what I did, since I do have the Steam version, and the mod starts up and runs as it should.

Yup. You have to go through hoops to get mods to work on Steam.

Thanks Neph, I'll try it out.
    Actually I have all the kingdoms expansions installed. If I rename the hyrule folder, should i add it again in the kingdoms launcher app?

As for poster under me, whats your problem? The mod is for free

Edit: I changed name to americas, renamed the original americas to something else. When i chose to launch Hyrule, it launches original mtw2 load screen but crashes wih a white box saying !

If I choose Americas in launcher it starts hyrule total war with the loading triforce, but crashes like it did before.

I know version 2.1 worked fine, and yes I completely unistalled it before 3.0

Kingdoms launcher editing application is what I use
    Last edited by Spajjder; July 25, 2013 at 02:24 AM.

Ok I don't really know what is going on now. I went into the editor, removed hyrule, and americas.
    Then added the hyrule folder called americas.
    now there are two Americas. One Americas, and one americas. Both launch hyrule tw, but the same crash as before in the loading screen.

How come this mod is installed to the mod folder instead of the mtw2 root folder btw?

Edit: I tried the other program too. Modinstaller, followed the instructions. It launches mtw2 loadscreen, then crashes
    Last edited by Spajjder; July 25, 2013 at 02:34 AM.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonbrad View Post
    Way to start your first post...