Thread: Expanded Movement

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Default Expanded Movement

Hi guys, I decided to bring my own contribution to this great mod!
    As I could see the movement is pretty limited and it can take you a lot to reach a settlement. Game will take place faster so you'll have more action and less debt to catch.
    Here is the file you need ,I added 100 movement points for all kind of agents and armies, except the unused ones.
    descr_character.txt

Good luck and have fun with DBM!

Default Re: Expanded Movement

Is it save-game compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_IX View Post
    Is it save-game compatible?
    It should be but I didn't test them yet, I will find time to check but I worked with these files before and they were safe-compatible.

OK at least in my case it is compatible. + rep. Small but very usefull work!

Good job. This change won't break your save game but you won't see movement points increased until you start a new campaign.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by the man, the myth, the legend View Post
    Good job. This change won't break your save game but you won't see movement points increased until you start a new campaign.
    Good to know, thanks!

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

No, changes in movement points are save-game compatible, just that sometimes they can have effect starting from next turn.

BTW I don't know if you're aware, but in this mod armies (on the field and not in settlement) led by a general at the start of the turn have more movement compared to armies led by captains. In your file they are 260, respectively 240, IIRC. In vanilla the numbers are equal (80 I think). Interesting actually, this way armies led by generals no matter how bad will march a bit more than armies led by captains, making generals more important.

Yep, I noticed and I decided to keep their advantage cause it seems realistical (a general with bonus movement points now should be able to take down any geographical region (Italy, Anatolia, Balkans, Egypt) in 10 turns). Now I am having fun with Pontus (once you take Sinope you are God )

doesn't seem save-compatible for me.

Where to place it?

Quote Originally Posted by rocoo View Post
    Where to place it?
    Place it in your dbm\data folder.And please pour me a white russian

Hi guys, just wanted to bump this a little since I wanted to try DBM again.