Thread: Steam Installation issues

Default Steam Installation issues

Hey,After installing the mod files in the SEGA file (not the steam files) and dragging those files into the steam files, I am experiencing some crashes upon load. The mod will open to a loading screen; however, it will instantly crash afterwards. I am able to get the UI screen and the M2TW launcher to appear, but the actual game will not load. If anyone could please help me with this problem, I would really appreciate it.

Spajjder's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Steam Installation issues

The same for me. Although I installed directly to mods/hyrule... are we supposed to install to a folder outside of steam?
    Head Scout: You've got three days to earn a badge.
    Peter:Three days? That's tomorrow! We gotta get going!

Thirded. I'm also having this issue. Can anyone here who has gotten it to work on Steam help out?

Thirded. I'm also having this issue. I moved everything into the Mod folder in the Steam file, and if I execute it from there, it gets as far as a picture of the triforce before crashing. Can anyone here who has gotten it to work on Steam help out?

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

For those using Steam, make sure you are using the Kingdoms Launcher App.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ng-Application

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

i try use the app, i add the hyrule mod and when i run the game crash, just run the load screen, when a try use the AUI.bat the game dont open.. someone can play the steam version?

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    For those using Steam, make sure you are using the Kingdoms Launcher App.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ng-Application
    I tried this but it says that Medieval II suffered from a fatal error and will not exit. When adding a mod to the launcher, I just put the mods/hyrule in the folder. Am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by CLU10123 View Post
    I tried this but it says that Medieval II suffered from a fatal error and will not exit. When adding a mod to the launcher, I just put the mods/hyrule in the folder. Am I doing something wrong?
    Apperantly it works to change the hyrule folder name to americas, or any of the other kingdoms mod folders for some people. Not for me though.. what happens is that when i add it in kingdoms mod launcher thingy, every mod dublicates in the menu.

If anyone got it to work in steam please advice!
    Last edited by Spajjder; July 28, 2013 at 05:34 AM.

Its actually fairly simple really, before you install them change the file location from sega to Steam\steamapps\common on all four installs and it should work

Quote Originally Posted by TatlTael View Post
    Its actually fairly simple really, before you install them change the file location from sega to Steam\steamapps\common on all four installs and it should work
    Oh wow, I feel stupid. I think I just rushed past the file selection :p

Quote Originally Posted by TatlTael View Post
    dont you mean Steam\steamapps\common\medieval II total war?

Quote Originally Posted by Spajjder View Post
    dont you mean Steam\steamapps\common\medieval II total war?
    usually past common its already there for me

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

So once 3.0, parts 1-4, is all said an done, why does installing the patch start crashing the game on start up?

Arise, my army!

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

If you're still having issues, uninstall everything, delete the Hyrule folder and install again (in order of course) to :c/program files/steam/steam apps/common/medeval II total war/mods but do not patch. Launch it and if it works, then patch. If it doesn't then you've done something wrong.

Yeah, I think I'm a bit lost. I'm not sure what I'm actually downloading, but I sure know where to put it... Someone help please, I've been at this for days. I've never modded a thing in my life, could I get a step-by-step process for getting this to work? I'm using windows 7 and have medieval ii kingdoms... I'd prefer it if you could explain it to me like I'm a 60 year-old woman

Well figure out what you downloaded. It should say something like "Hyrule Total War Installer Part X." Run Part 1 first, then part 2, and so on. Once you have that done copy/paste this @mods\hyrule\Configuration.cfg into your Steam launch options for Kingdoms and run Kingdoms. If you did it right it'll launch Hyrule Total War. If you get stuck tell us where you got stuck.

I did everything right, but when I start it up I get a quick glimpse of the triforce and then it says "Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal." I've spent TWO days trying to get this to work and THIS is what I get? Can I get a little help please?

Please someone make a video or something (In english) and explain it step by step

Where are you confused?