Thread: loss of traits and ranks

Default loss of traits and ranks

I am not sure if it just me or the new v3 but has anyone tried making spys? noticed that generals don't gain traits from anything anymore? It makes spying impossible. It's still an even playing field for diplomats (not sure on assasins but I assume the same thing as spys no triats = failure). Maybe this was intended but in that case something has to replace it

Default Re: loss of traits and ranks

It seems that all the triggers specifying when to give out traits have been removed in v3 (file is export_descr_character_traits.txt). It appears to be deliberate, so Neph may be planning to introduce a new system?

I hope because spying and diplomacy are impossible without them. well I had no problems making alliances,but anything else such as bribing never works

I'm going to optimistically hope that this implies the introduction of new traits and possibly ancillaries in the near (read the next few releases, maybe?) future. You'll note that this is decidedly out of character for me, because I'm not an optimist by any stretch of the imagination.