Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [FAQ] Frequently asked questions

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: [FAQ] Frequently asked questions

I have steam version of M2TW. I used Kingdoms Launcher Editing Application to add DBM on the list of mods (as official 4 kingdoms mods) and get M2TW_Launcher_Replacement_1.2. It is OK for DMB to work properly, right?
    Last edited by CanOmer; December 22, 2013 at 04:49 AM.
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Icon5 Does this mod alter game original files ?

Does this mod alter or replace any of the game original files ?
    Cause i want to install another mod that deals with the medieval age, i want to play the roman times and the dark age times with the mongols and stuff.

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Does this mod alter game original files ?

no, it doesn't
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Does this mod alter game original files ?

ok thx

Hi, this mod is a wonderful historical job, but the time of the AI movement is too high. It during more of a minute in my computer when in the original game just 10 seconds, I only wanted to ask if it's due to my computer or it always is so slow. Because in first turns, when there's nothing to do yet is so boring. In that case, Is there any way to skip or accelerate the AI movement turn?. Greetings.

When you start a new campaign you can choose Lite Medium or Full script version, define the number of scripts used, try Lite, is like original game.

ok, that worked, thanks a lot.

other question, how it is disabled the script of wastefull/burocracy?

How long will the people be waiting for new patch fixing all the known bugs? It is 2014 AD and the mod looks like it was dead.

I played roman campaign for a first time and stopped on the turn 100 when got ctd that was impossible to avoid.
    I started new roman campaign and stopped playing on the turn 134 when I noticed I cannot recruit new roman legions after marian reform. I can recruit only legion gallica and aludae in one region on the south of gallia (not so many) and Legion III Augusta in one region in Hispania and northern Africa. No legionaries in Greece, no legionaries in ITALIA. I'm not even going to check any fixes because it would demand from me to start the next (3rd) campaign with roman faction.

That's why, I'm interested if the mod is still alive and when the patch is gonna be released.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

they have answered 2 weeks ago in the thread that is about Patch 1.1

How do I edit the unit so they stand closer in standard formation ? I don't want them to stand too close like shield wall. Also, anyone know how to edit the Roman Legionaries of the augustus reform so they all wear lorica segmentata instead of chain mail and lorica segmentata mix together ? I want to edit so that my legionaries all have color on their base shirt (instead of random) and all wear lorica segmentata (no chain mail mix with lorica segmentata). Please help, and also, i notice when i edit the unit stats in export_descr unit, the save game will get ctd and i have to start new campaign :|

Default Are all Kingdoms campaigns required - ie all 4

I assumed at least one campaign is nedded to be installed.

Does it matter which one? or is imperative that all 4 are installed/

Thankyou.

Default Re: Are all Kingdoms campaigns required - ie all 4

Anyone will do.

Senator

So any chance to get accuratly sized shields?
    You know like the romans used them:
    http://artgallery.yale.edu/collectio.../scutum-shield

The ones used now look a bit too big.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Sint; September 07, 2014 at 08:26 PM.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Is there any way to slow down the scrolling of the campaign map?. It's lightning quick on my system. I've tried adjusting campaign_map_game_speed in DBM.cfg file and the same in the main medieval2preference.cfg file but makes no difference. Loving DBM. Brilliant mod by the way.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Am I seeing this right in the export_descr_buildings.txt file that the Greeks are unable to produce huge cities, only large cities? If so, why? That's bizarre, because the Romans can produce huge cities. Not only that, the campaign starts out with two Greek cities that are already huge (i.e. megalopolis level), owned by Ptolemaic Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Am I seeing this right in the export_descr_buildings.txt file that the Greeks are unable to produce huge cities, only large cities? If so, why? That's bizarre, because the Romans can produce huge cities. Not only that, the campaign starts out with two Greek cities that are already huge (i.e. megalopolis level), owned by Ptolemaic Egypt.
    I agree with Alexandria being a Megalopolis, but Cyrene should not be one so i modified the desc-strat myself.
    It also seems some huge city models do simply not exist and were not implemented. You can have a look at Alexandria on battle map, it's a Roman city, not Greek.
    In fact, there should just be a few huge cities: Alexandria, Rome, Antioch, Carthage + some in India. A city mod would be nice and would fix that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicov55 View Post
    I agree with Alexandria being a Megalopolis, but Cyrene should not be one so i modified the desc-strat myself.
    It also seems some huge city models do simply not exist and were not implemented. You can have a look at Alexandria on battle map, it's a Roman city, not Greek.
    In fact, there should just be a few huge cities: Alexandria, Rome, Antioch, Carthage + some in India. A city mod would be nice and would fix that issue.
    Agreed. Pataliputra in India already is a huge city, so apparently the Romans and Indians are the only ones allowed to make them. It's so weird! Alexandria looking Roman is also inexcusable. I know people have put a lot of work and effort into these, but what gives? I mean, they could have simply made Greek huge cities look the same as large cities on the battle map if they didn't have enough time before release to create a Greek huge city from scratch. Couldn't that work? If not, a battle map submod would be very welcome.

Something tells me that, given the developers were apparently Italian, some silly Italian nationalism is at play here.

Stupid Greeks! We'll show you! You can't produce huge cities! The Romans will steamroll you and erase your culture for all ETERNITY.

Rhaymo's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Agreed. Pataliputra in India already is a huge city, so apparently the Romans and Indians are the only ones allowed to make them. It's so weird! Alexandria looking Roman is also inexcusable. I know people have put a lot of work and effort into these, but what gives? I mean, they could have simply made Greek huge cities look the same as large cities on the battle map if they didn't have enough time before release to create a Greek huge city from scratch. Couldn't that work? If not, a battle map submod would be very welcome.

Something tells me that, given the developers were apparently Italian, some silly Italian nationalism is at play here.

Stupid Greeks! We'll show you! You can't produce huge cities! The Romans will steamroll you and erase your culture for all ETERNITY.
    Alexandria is shown on battle map as a middle eastern large city.
    Team Leader De Bello Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaymo View Post
    Alexandria is shown on battle map as a middle eastern large city.
    Well, I stand corrected. I also appreciate all the hard work you've done on this mod, but it just seems odd that the Greeks, who built some of the largest cities in the world before Rome was ever a metropolis, wouldn't be able to build at the same level as the Romans. The same goes for the Eastern factions. You're probably a busy guy, so I'm going to assume you really don't have time to mod this further. However, I do hope someone can address this in the near future.