Thread: Can i change difficulty settings when in middle of campaign?

Default Can i change difficulty settings when in middle of campaign?

Ive started a campaign accidentaly as Rome on Medium/Meduim settings forgetting this i have done a couple of hours on this campaign before realising that the battles were easy and remebering i had started on meduim settings

Anyway i know that romesage doesnt work for RTR so are there any files i can change the difficulty settings in?

im using RTR platinum edition

thanks for looking

Default Re: Can i change difficulty settings when in middle of campaign?

Not to my knowledge. Maybe someone else knows of any way(without using the RomeSage which AFAIK gives some weird year dates), but I don`t.

Romesage doesnt seem to work at all for me

i click apply and save the settings then when i go back to it the settings are just the same

Yeah it doesn't work for 1.5 RTRPE. Sadly
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Vercongetorix
    Romesage doesnt seem to work at all for me

i click apply and save the settings then when i go back to it the settings are just the same
    This probable is not important as it doesn`t work with RTRPE, but did you loaded the new(edited) save or the old one. AFAIK RomeSage does not edit your actual save but makes a copy of it plus the changes. I think the new save will have RomeSage in its title or part of it. I don`t remember exactly.

EDIT: Just to be clear. RomeSage works in the sense that you can edit the save game, but no matter what I did I got weird year dates. Others reporting in the RTRPE tech support sub forum (on the rtr forums) reported similar things. Others said that it affected more then the year date.
    Now, all these are for RTW v1.5 and RTRPE based on it. From what I know the above mentioned problems do not appear with RTW v1.2 and RTR 6 Gold based on it.

Invoker's Avatar Philosopher-King

I used Romesage and somehow it worked for me, but I have heard about it's problems with others. Other than that, I know of no way to change an existing campaign's difficulty
    Servant in the House of Siblesz under the Patronage of the fallen Crandar.