Thread: Custom Settlements in Custom Battles

Default Custom Settlements in Custom Battles

Anyone know how to implement them ?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Default Re: Custom Settlements in Custom Battles

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Anyone know how to implement them ?
    Neph has to do it himself

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Because of how the settlements are used in the campaign there's not a definitive way to have every settlement in Custom Battles without every settlement in the campaign being clones of all the custom settlements. Ten clones of Hyrule Castle floating around would not be good.

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Because of how the settlements are used in the campaign there's not a definitive way to have every settlement in Custom Battles without every settlement in the campaign being clones of all the custom settlements. Ten clones of Hyrule Castle floating around would not be good.
    You wouldn't have to be every settlement, only the famous places you could do what the third age team did or perhaps base the settlement you get on the culture, location, and settlement level.

Patrician Artifex

If I enabled Hyrule Castle in Custom Battles, then every single fortress on the campaign map would be Hyrule Castle. The way settlements work is really wonky for lack of a better term. TATW gets away with it because all their custom settlements are in one culture, and there's a limit to how many custom settlements can be in a culture. I can't limit every settlement in the game to that number.

It can only be one of these ways: every single settlement on the campaign map being unique, or just a handful of custom settlements for Custom battles. The choice is kind of obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    If I enabled Hyrule Castle in Custom Battles, then every single fortress on the campaign map would be Hyrule Castle. The way settlements work is really wonky for lack of a better term. TATW gets away with it because all their custom settlements are in one culture, and there's a limit to how many custom settlements can be in a culture. I can't limit every settlement in the game to that number.

It can only be one of these ways: every single settlement on the campaign map being unique, or just a handful of custom settlements for Custom battles. The choice is kind of obvious.
    Third age also determines the settlement by place but I guess that's just so the landscape around it is the same.

That's ok, nothing you can do about it I guess I just wish there was a better way to enjoy them, in the campaign you aren't even guaranteed that they will have a big enough army to put up a fight and make the battle enjoyable

Can this be another one of this time's when we put are heads down, facepalm and become speechless to express how frustrating and weird the medieval engine is? It's a mirical this limited engine can even have custom settlements! *facepalms at the fact that many things are done by culture rather then factions*

Now on another note I just wanted to say that some settlements still count as castles (meaning you can't change the tax rate) while others count as cities even though cities and castles are suppose to be one. Is this intentional?
    Last edited by Jakeford; July 21, 2013 at 10:16 PM.

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Wait we don't already do that on a daily basis?

"Metsu Ryū Ōgi...! Gōma Tetsu Jin Ken!!!" -Gajeel Redfox

Quote Originally Posted by HerofTime View Post
    Wait we don't already do that on a daily basis?
    XD!! True! I guess now is now different then.

*Puts head down, facepalms and becomes speechless to express how frustrating and weird the medieval engine is*

I understand, indeed the choice is quite obvious . Thanks for the answer anyway .

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Magician Reversed's Avatar Libertus

I think castles and cities are supposed to be different. You can convert a city to a castle, and vice versa.
    "The enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I deem. You wonder what his name is, where he comes from, and if he really was evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home, and would he not rather have stayed there... in peace?" -Faramir (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)

Quote Originally Posted by Magician Reversed View Post
    I think castles and cities are supposed to be different. You can convert a city to a castle, and vice versa.
    Not in this mod.

I found something pretty cool out just now. By selecting Gerudo cliffs - Darknut culture - and Citadel, I was able to get Ontheon in custom battles! Not sure if it works for other custom settlements though.
    Oren (Died of natural causes) - Athreon - Torgo - Mariel

(Sorry for double post)
    Last edited by Athreon; July 31, 2013 at 10:36 AM.
    Oren (Died of natural causes) - Athreon - Torgo - Mariel

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Athreon View Post
    I found something pretty cool out just now. By selecting Gerudo cliffs - Darknut culture - and Citadel, I was able to get Ontheon in custom battles! Not sure if it works for other custom settlements though.
    It does seem to work for some. Ones I have stumbled upon:

Dominion Pass > Civilized > Fortress = Hyrule Castle
    Realm of Twilight > Realm of Twilight > Fortress = Palace of Twilight
    Misery Mire > Infested > Fortress = Gohma Grand Hive.

It seems to be mostly fortresses and citadels. It also seems that factions might override others, both Hyrule Castle and Domain Prime are northern european fortresses and Hyrule Castle appears instead of the proper Zora settlement on Dominion Pass. I'll see if I can figure out why they are showing up, might be able to manipulate it somehow.

All of the barbaric culture settlements for me are either Ashinon, Spirit Temple, or Demise, so i think it would be possible to do.

Civis

I have tested some of the possible combination and it seems (at least for me) that the place you pick doesn´t matter but the culture and the level of the settlement.
    some results:
    <anywhere>,citadel, darknut = Ontheon
    <anywhere>,fortress,civilized = hyrule prime
    Dominion pass,Realm or twilight = twilight palace
    Dominion pass,citadel, barbaric = Demise
    Dominion pass,castle, barbaric = Demise
    Dominion pass,fortress,barbaric = spirittemple
    Dominion pass,city, barbaric = Ashinon
    Dominion pass,citadel, shadow = Ikana
    Dominion pass, castle, shadow = ikana
    Dominion pass, city, shadow = kakariko
    Dominion pass, citadel, infected = grandhive

(sorry for my english, it isn´t my first languaje)

This may explain why some settlements are popping up in wrong places as repeats on the campaign map. Like stone tower ruins being kariko village and one gerudo settlement being demise.

Senator

Anyone got any more combos that work, as I'm doing a youtube series on Customs atm.

Civis

another one: if you pick city and naturalistic it loads the Deku Tree´s Grove; and like i´ve said, it can be loaded anywhere (same with the other but i haven´t tested all), so you can play this in gerudo desert if you want. I don´t know how in the campaign the customs settlement loads depending on its location, but un custom battle it´s seems like it just pick the one representative of the settlement level and culture.

and i want to correct these ones:
    --,citadel, barbaric = Demise (old golden age era)
    --,castle, barbaric = Demise (ruins)
    --,citadel, shadow = Ikana (old golden age era)
    --, castle, shadow = ikana ("ruins")

does it work for someone else?

Civis

It is great that many of the custom settlements were able to be implemented in the new version(3.5) of the mod.

other settlements that can be played and are not mentioned in custom battle menu are:

average fortification , civilized = lon lon ranch
    averge settlement, infected = small hive?
    huge fortification , shadow = inside shadow temple(mission 6) [it can break the illusion of the temple being inside something, but it works]