Thread: Wizzrobe Campaign consistently crashing when I try to end turn 6

Default Wizzrobe Campaign consistently crashing when I try to end turn 6

Hey guys, this might be the famous End-Turn CTD, but I am unsure. What's happening is that I have a campaign for the Wizzrobes saved on turn 6, I've tried many various things, like sending some units out in the field randomly, doing a bit of diplomacy with KoH, and then saving right before I end the turn, but no matter what I do, it's always the same result: "Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal" This is more than likely the infamous End-Turn bug, but it may not be, which is why I have submitted this. However, I would be far from pleased if it was patched almost immediately, because Neph has worked very hard to get this new update out, and I think he deserves a break.

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Wizzrobe Campaign consistently crashing when I try to end turn 6

Did you try restarting the campaign and trying until that point?

"Metsu Ryū Ōgi...! Gōma Tetsu Jin Ken!!!" -Gajeel Redfox

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Well, Neph deserves to have his mod as playable as it should be

No meaning taking a break if the mod crashes all the time. Thats like releasing a broken product, a smalll fix first and break afterwards i would say.

Cause he wants people to be able to enjoy his mod, and i donīt think anyone can enjoy CTDs all the time ;P.. Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Well, Neph deserves to have his mod as playable as it should be

No meaning taking a break if the mod crashes all the time. Thats like releasing a broken product, a smalll fix first and break afterwards i would say.

Cause he wants people to be able to enjoy his mod, and i donīt think anyone can enjoy CTDs all the time ;P.. Hehe
    Fair point, but the campaign isn't the ONLY part of the game, need I remind you that the first 4 Hyrule Historia missions are out? What about custom battles to try out the brand new units Neph added? He put enough in to keep us occupied, so I think it's only fair that he gets to take at least one week from working on this. I myself want this to be patched soon, but I also understand that Neph is becoming increasingly frustrated at all these bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by HerofTime View Post
    Did you try restarting the campaign and trying until that point?
    --> --->
    Last edited by Aquos4; July 21, 2013 at 05:25 PM.

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Aquos was your UI problems with he HH missions or with the normal campaign ones? I agree with he custom battles though. I've been doing some in my down time while not on here. The Gerudo and Sheikah additions are very welcome and played well. The new Zora unit is useful so the Zora finally have a low-tier frontline unit that doesn't have a disadvantage to swords. I have yet to try the Stalfos and Ikana add-ons but Ikana is next on my list.
    Last edited by HerofTime; July 21, 2013 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HerofTime View Post
    Aquos was your UI problems with he HH missions or with the normal campaign ones? I agree with he custom battles though. I've been doing some in my down time while not on here. The Gerudo and Sheikah additions are very welcome and played well. The new Zora unit is useful so the Zora finally have a low-tier frontline unit that doesn't have a disadvantage to swords. I have yet to try the Stalfos and Ikana add-ons but Ikana is next on my list.
    Not entirely sure what you mean by "UI problems" if you mean the custom UIs, I was fiddling around with the custom UIs, eventually getting them to work (i've got an entire thread on it in the main forums section) but I don't recall having UI trouble in Hyrule Historia. I'm almost convinced now that this is the infamous end-turn CTD glitch (heh, CTD is not only Crash To Desktop, but it's also my initials XD) because I didn't have any missions on that turn. I finally got past it and it's actually working just fine now.

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

The only CTD that FORCED me to end a campaign in the past was like 40 or 50 turn into a Zora campaign in last version. With a few factions "dead" (or as dead as they could be in the last version) half the faction got killed instantly . Ah so i was the regular campaign ones. Each time I enter the 1st mission (haven't tried the other 3 yet) whether i skip the video or not, the battle map appears with no battle map UI.

King_of_Spoons64's Avatar Civis

after the video, press p "or what ever your unpause button is" and then you should be able to play it.

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

It was a HUD issue. In the HH missions you have to use minimal HUD. I enjoyed all the missions (even though I've seen them before). They were all great.