Thread: Hyrule Total War Just Got Better With Multiplayer Campaign.

Default Hyrule Total War Just Got Better With Multiplayer Campaign.

Hey Guys I found this. It sounds interesting.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Question # 32: How do I enable multiplayer hotseat campaign mode?

Answer #32:
    1. First, copy your medieval2.preference.cfg file to your desktop.
    2. Rename the copy of the medieval2.preference.cfg file to multiplayer.cfg.
    3. Now, make sure that the multiplayer.cfg file is not read only (right click on the file, and check the properties).
    4. Open this new multiplayer.cfg file with Notepad or Wordpad, then add this to what is already in the multiplayer.cfg file:

For Grand Campaign on V1.2 and later

[hotseat]
    turns = 0
    scroll = 0
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 0
    disable_papal_elections = 0
    save_prefs = 1
    update_ai_camera = 0
    validate_diplomacy = 1

[multiplayer]
    playable = 1

5. Now save the multiplayer.cfg file and put it back on read only.
    6. Move the multiplayer.cfg file into your C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War folder.
    7. Now open up Notepad again. In an otherwise blank do***ent, type this:

medieval2.exe @multiplayer.cfg

8. Save the Notepad do***ent as Launch_Multiplayer.bat
    9. Put this new Launch_Multiplayer.bat file in your C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War folder.
    10. Now, if you want to, right click on the new .bat file and send it to the desktop (Create Shortcut).
    11. When you want to play the multiplayer version of the game, double-click the .bat file. This will launch the game in multiplayer mode.
    12. Once you are in the game, select Singleplayer. Then Grand Campaign.
    13. Now, pick which factions you want to play. Just click on as many as you want. I am playing as all 17 playable factions now.
    14. When you start the campaign, you will play each faction you have chosen in order. You can save and quit at any point and resume your game as you choose.

I found it here.>>>http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/118-Frequently-Asked-Questions-amp-Game-Fixes/page2

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Hyrule Total War Just Got Better With Multiplayer Campaign.

you release that hotseat has been in the game sense version 2.1 right?

@ Jakeford.
    Then How would you use hotseat. If it was already in game.

Sorry for the Double Post but new info on this.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Question #46: When playing hotseat in Kingdoms I can't defend against the AI in battles. Is there any way to fix this?

Answer #46:

Open up your medieval2.preference.cfg file and use the 1.2 hotseat syntax.

[hotseat]
    turns = 0
    scroll = 0
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 0
    disable_papal_elections = 1
    save_prefs = 1
    update_ai_camera = 1
    validate_diplomacy = 1

Update_ai_camera, needs to be one I believe for it to correctly show the AI moves, and you need to disable papal_elections. These were the only changes I made to the 1.2 syntax that I was using.

Now start Kingdoms through the desktop launcher and start a hotseat campaign. Lo and behold I was able to defend against the AI. image

The cfg file gets written over so at the moment you have to do this for each hotseat campaign or you could try setting your file to read only if you never change your settings.

I hope that helps some of you.

P.S. Vista users may have to disable User Account Control to get this solution to work. Thanks to jerhat for this info.

jerhat wrote:
    The last question in the FAQ is about enabling hotseat defend. Despite exactly what it said, I was unable to get it to work. However, after much trial and error, here is the solution that should work for those of you having difficulty enabling hotseat defend with Vista. Turn off User Account Control. Follow the instructions in question #47 of the FAQ. Play your game with User Account the Control turned off. If you turn UAC back on, it won't work. It's kind of a pain in the butt, but it seems to work pretty well. If someone has a way to make it work without having to constantly reset UAC, please post. I hope this helps.

Once Hyrule's playability and stability situation has been further improved, I would love to see a hotseat community begin around here. Watching the Westeros ones have always been great fun, and seeing some exciting Hyrule ones would be even more magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    @ Jakeford.
    Then How would you use hotseat. If it was already in game.
    Well... I found it. It's under Multilayer. So enjoy every one

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    Well... I found it. It's under Multilayer. So enjoy every one
    lol yeah... XD I haven't checked for this version but Hotseat isn't that stable in Hyrule total war (HTW isn't that stable in general when it comes to 2.1 nor 3.0) Hotseat is available for third age and every kingdom's campaign