Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V3 Released!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default V3 Released!

Whoop whoop!

Version 3 has been released! Praise the Powerful and Undying Nephalim!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-total-war
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; July 21, 2013 at 01:32 AM.

Default Re: V3 Released!

All hail his majestic wisdom for showing us the light!

(But in all seriousness, I have been waiting for this release (like everyone else) for what seemed like ages. I am overjoyed that this day has finally come!)

I can't believe it, it's finally here!!!

Windrider37's Avatar Centenarius

so excited! Downloading it nao!
    My Skype and steam name is Windrider37 on both. I love chatting and playing games if someone would like to do either ^.^

Magician Reversed's Avatar Libertus

It is a good day indeed.
    "The enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I deem. You wonder what his name is, where he comes from, and if he really was evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home, and would he not rather have stayed there... in peace?" -Faramir (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Some things I noticed about version 3.

Some settlements are counted as castles while others are counted as cities. This is a problem because there is only suppose to be "settlements" which can have a castle inside.

Not all units are in the campaign even thought Undyingnephilam said they are, I am fully aware that many units require events before they can be trained but I dought that Mounted knights or Hyrule need an event

The ancient Hylians aren't available for custom battle for some reason.

WE CAN TRAIN GENERALS!!!
    Last edited by Jakeford; July 21, 2013 at 04:38 PM.

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Just drop any bugs over in it's section, we got several busy threads over there right now about several issues.

"Metsu Ryū Ōgi...! Gōma Tetsu Jin Ken!!!" -Gajeel Redfox

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeford View Post
    Not all units are in the campaign even thought Undyingnephilam said they are, I am fully aware that many units require events before they can be trained but I dought that Mounted knights or Hyrule need an event
    Actually, if you've been paying attention, Neph has said that he will be adding new units every release to help keep the releases from being less exciting than anticipated. Keep things fresh, as it were. This means that a bunch of units are probably ready and remain unreleased, though they will be added incrementally in future releases.

Senator

Good, Custom settlements, love the way towns upgrade now.
    bad: Custom settlements aren't available in custom battles, the weird crash when you click on certain settlements building browsers. Srill, nothing a good patch shouldn't fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfgard the Unmaker View Post
    Actually, if you've been paying attention, Neph has said that he will be adding new units every release to help keep the releases from being less exciting than anticipated. Keep things fresh, as it were. This means that a bunch of units are probably ready and remain unreleased, though they will be added incrementally in future releases.
    Actually, I don't think you understand what I or Undyingnephilam meant. Adding new units means modeling, animating, and putting new units into the game data, it does not mean making a new unit recruitible in the campaign.

That being said all the units UD has ever shown us so far (besides maybe church of majora and Occo) are in the game data. The problem with version 2.1 is that many of the units in the game could not be recruitible in the campaign.

UD has said that every unit is now in the campaign with the expectation of goat lords and wind wiches (there events are not made yet). Mounted Knights of Hyrule have been in the game sense the Kingdom of Hyrule was finished (before the game was even playable) however they still aren't recruitible in the campaign even though UD said every unit is in the campaign.

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

They are on the 2nd upgrade of Lon Lon Ranch Jakeford, relax . When in doubt, look through the files. I saw it hours ago when i was looking for bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by HerofTime View Post
    They are on the 2nd upgrade of Lon Lon Ranch Jakeford, relax . When in doubt, look through the files. I saw it hours ago when i was looking for bugs.
    Oh XD, I was just trying to tell him what my point was , that's good to hear though. I still wish KOH could recruit there cavalry anywhere like the other races can but oh well Also I have tried to mod files before so that buildings can recruit units but every time I try it either A) doesn't work or ) crashes seems that evey unit is in the game now anyway though

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Well issue is the export_descr_buildings file is setup in a different program this time around (that or it just wasn't noticable before). Now the recruitment setup on the main barracks is strange. I haven't bothered to mess with it myself yet. Mounted Hyrulean Knights is a stable unit though so they are easy to add under that section if you want (but they r there elgit so why bother? Unless you want them earlier that is).

Hey, is it just me or are the defensive towers and such really beefy in this version? Attacking a rebel settlement, I had a ram and two siege towers; the ram was destroyed in 2 hits and each of the towers only withstood 3 arrows. Nothing caught fire, but each arrow that struck them did tremendous damage to the siege equipment. I'm not talking high-level defensive structures, either-- this was turn 8 against a rebel town.

@ Ulfgard the Unmaker.
    What unit shoot the arrow? Or did you mean a City Wall tower shoot the arrow? If its a wall tower. It could have been a ballista tower.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

@Eldren

Nope. The most basic of settlements (even ruins) have arrow towers that 2-shot siege rams (a single shot deals 90% damage). This is every settlement. I recommend building siege works as soon as possible. The generic equipment won't get to the gates in most cases. Ladders are still a good choice.

On another note, I fought the Gorons at Death Mountain Crater as the Zora. Only, instead of it being Death Mountain Crater from the battle screen, it was the Spirit Temple.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Yeah, it was definitely a basic arrow tower.

@Avatar: That's strange. I was playing a Goron campaign earlier and Death Mountain Crater worked properly while defending it.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by HerofTime View Post
    Well issue is the export_descr_buildings file is setup in a different program this time around (that or it just wasn't noticable before). Now the recruitment setup on the main barracks is strange. I haven't bothered to mess with it myself yet. Mounted Hyrulean Knights is a stable unit though so they are easy to add under that section if you want (but they r there elgit so why bother? Unless you want them earlier that is).
    It is only strange in Notepad, and that program corrupts the files and makes the game crash.

If you use Notepad++ it will not look strange and editing will work i am sure.

Foederatus

Is the Stalfos faction playable in Version 3? can they recruit new units or however it's set up in game?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast